13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 12:30 PM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper RSS

Sound systems...

I am intrigued as to what sound systems people use when playing BLOPS2.

Let me explain, I am relatively new to the whole CoD world with BLOPS2 being the first Xbox based version I have really played and I must say I am really enjoying it, even though I am rubbish. So naturally I am looking at everything that can improve my gameplay (a set of thumbs that actually do what my brain is telling them might help!).

I have a big telly, a relatively new Xbox and suitably fast internet (74meg down, 18meg up), all good. But, I am using the sound output from the TV, and lets face it, sound from modern TVs is rather pants. So, as I say, I am intrigued as to what others are using, be it similar to what I have to full 7 speaker surround sound or some all singing, all dancing headset. And, how much effect you think it has on your gameplay.

Cheers all.

• Re: Sound systems...
    DR65DR

Get yourself a set of Astro A40s with their MixAmp. In all seriousness, I just couldn't go back to using TV speakers these days. No, you won't hear enemy footsteps in Blops 2 any better, but they still beat loud speakers every time.

Particularly if you have an angry wife who even hates the fact that you still play games at our ages.

Cheers, just looked those up, they look the business! I'll see what the general consensus of opinion is, but there is a fair chance I'll be getting hold of a set.

As for wife, well she's not so angry, she usually just huffs and puffs, takes herself off to bed and then shortly after, texts me to turn the volume down - my volume, i.e the screams of frustration coming out of my mouth!!!! Hmmm, don't think a headset will remedy that!

I just have a set of KRK Rockit 8s on my desk, so I normally just play with a Creative tactic 3d headset.  It's alright.

I guess that makes more sense if I say that I play on a 28' computer monitor.

I love my Logitech Z5500's when playing BO2(shakes the entire house when grenades go off), but when the wifey is home I play with either my Tango's or Senheisers(depends on if I am in a group or not)

900 watt hi-fi with 3-way sony speakers in front, marshal PA system behind me, bass cannon under my chair so when there's an explosion my butt feels the vibrations & 5.1 surround set hooked up to the tv (which is about an inch away from my face) that has it's own little built in speakers for extra up close treble that doesn't get drowned out by the bass

...but I usually use headphones because I like my neighbours

TL_Bare_B_V2

I've had TB x11's for over a year now and I love em, if you know of a shop that sells gaming headsets see if they'll let you try a few pairs on so you know what feels comfortable and right to you.

PerEverto13

Turtle beach X32. Fairly priced, but as some one else mentioned get a mix amp or decoder. And i have been looking into a couple of other add ons for my headset. I cant link because im on my mobile, but look in my profile under most liked. There should be a similar thread alot of people gave great advice on. Equipment setting and such.

Is there a way to limit the amount of spam from the guy telling you whats going on? Only part that bugs me about the sound in this game.

Turtle Beach Tangos. Depending on your price range and personal preference Turtle Beach or Astro headsets would be the way to go.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I use Logitech Z906 and the sound of BO2 is pretty awesome except for the footsteps. I also have the Recon 3D external soundcard paired with an Audio Technica AD700 and a generic mic.

The external soundcard is plugged into my PC via USB and is connected to my XBOX using an optical cable. The sound is cinema like and it's better than any Turtle Beach headset I ever tried.