21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 2:46 PM by KoRny1 RSS

new idea for uav

better idea for uav.

when have reach points for uav.

give only the player that reach the uav the radar,yust as in free for all.

when all wil see rader we have the orbital uav

this make the game a lot more fun

is it a good ideaa or not a good ideaa?

• Re: new idea for uav
    iivrruummii

I wouldn't mind if they just get rid of the UAV.  Thus causing Ghost to be removed also.  The way to have people show up on the map is if someone is seen.  If you look down a hallway and spot 2 enemies they show up on your minimap for the whole time you have eyes on them but when you break eye contact a "?" appears where you last saw them. 

rdnsnow

Then youll have constant dots on the map anyways. Just like with BF3 spotting. People spam that crap.

I would love to replace UAV and dots on the map with spotting.  That would be so much fun.

rdnsnow

It works in BF3 because the maps are so much bigger. You can spot a guy clear across the map from a jet. In cod, or at least bo2 the maps are so small that by the time you see a guy you better fire or he will shoot you. You wont have time to spot.

schlag2dash

I like the idea of who ever calls it in gets it. That would be interesting to try out.

I don't like the idea of people popping up on radar if you look at them. No one would need a mic to play anymore.. no one would have to call them out. you lose the tea factor in that scenario.

I do wish that they increased the points required to get the uav a little bit more. it wasn't enough imo when they updated it earlier.

xmrythem

would be nothing funnier than seeing 6 uav's and 6 CUAV's in the air at once. it would be like a UAV swarm

banned-again

the uav is fine the way it is, its already had the points to get it put up by a 100 points if you have a problem with it shoot it down or use ghost

VanillaFlava

I've been saying for years they should have a "Personal UAV" as a low killstreak, and then a team UAV or the VSAT as a higher one. I think it would balance out the gameplay much better and Ghost wouldn't be used as much because 1 person seeing you on a mini-map vs 6 is a very big difference. I doubt this will ever be implemented though.

rsturp

i think this would of been a good idea if it was still 3 kills, but since you have to kill 5 people on Team Death Match i think its about right now,

ive always said the 3 kill/score uav should be a personal one and maybe bang a team uav in like 6/7 kills and then the blackbird/vsat at around 12

Sas-quatch84

How about we leave the UAV alone you learn to counter it propely. You have a wide variety of ways to counter it includong: CUAV, Emp Grenade, EMP scorestreak, Rocket Launchers, Ghost, Black Hat, LMG can take one out pretty quick, Hunter killer drone will take it out as well. Many options for you to choose from to counter it. UAV is fine the way it is and the points need not increase to obtain it either. In blops one it was a 3 kill streak, 2 with hardline. Now its a 5 kill minimum in TDM.

SitRepPro

Sas-quatch84 wrote:

Now its a 5 kill minimum in TDM.

Yep.  Kinda annoyed me that did initially since I was after spamming UAV/CUAV/VSAT for the assist points but at least it saved me from bothering with Ghost.  The UAVs are much easier to shoot down in this game than previous ones - UAVs fly lower and there are no maps with overcast (e.g. Downturn) or set at night time (e.g. Hanoi).

banned-again

they are not that easy to shoot down try shooting one down with a lmg a/r and it flag off before you even make it smoke

SitRepPro

I usually have Black Hat PDAs on me, as well as EMP grenades so scorestreak spammers hate me.

But yes, LMGs should down UAVs much more quickly.

They should have made the Stinger the very first launcher though.

KoRny1

Plaza is at night, and Cargo has more objects above your head then there is clear sky.

r33k

you can still see them at night thanks to the blinkers. but on plaza as well as meltdown, there are certian sections of the map where it goes out of view(behnid building or the reactor chimny) so you look like a goon waiting there for it with a launcher and get smoked by some fool.

rdnsnow

EMP grenade cant reach the uav to take it down but the others you mentioned work well. People are just too lazy to pull out a rocket laucher and fire 1 shot. lol

FFA is a sole person oriented game.

The others are team oriented, so you're basically asking to bring in a solo element to a team oriented game. 

Also, you do this and you can get rid of the +10 xp points you get for teamates getting kills, etc. while your UAV is up.  Then...people will start ******** about xp missing....<<<I'm surprised noone has mentioned this yet.

I get 4 minimum a game and I quite like the idea of helping my team out...as well as...getting +10xp for each of their kills.

gallp13

UAV now fine as is.....

KoRny1

If they ever made the UAVs strictly personal, I would demand they be brought back down to 3 kills