23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 8:32 AM by zvers RSS

They need to increase the score in TDM

Jaggajatt187

I've posted on this before & since there's a "Big patch" coming up I'm hoping 3A includes this. Connection is obviously #1, but it doesn't sound like they're going to do much in regards to that, just more irrelevant Buffs/nerfs...but that's a whole other discussion.

At the moment TDM plays like bare bones. I've never seen a high score streak called in once (warthog or above) unless it's been care packaged. Trey Arch tried to kill TDM b/c it's not an MLG certified play list, but it's still the most played game mode with 5x as many players. TMD plays so slow right now because most players are camping/head glitching/target finding to try and get score streaks that they aren't going to get.

They should increase the score for kills to 125 and increase the score awarded for kill streak kills to 50 pts/kill for the lightning strike/hellstorm missle. This will make getting streaks more consistent and will increase the pace of the games.

• stealth chopper is 11 kills and it gets shot down instantly. (used to be 7)
  • Lightning strike is 7-8 kills & awards players 25 Pts/kill (if you get a quad you get 100pts which is equal to 1 kill which is pretty ridiculous)
  • VSAT was  8 kills in BO1 now its 12 in a game that's arguably way harder to stay alive in because the maps are so small.

The objective of TDM is to kill the other team and players who can do that should be rewarded. I don't want a score streak dominated game, but at the moment it's all frustration with no reward. Its not even like games are evenly matched with less score streaks because teams are still getting blown out.

• Re: They need to increase the score in TDM
    CallOfDutyFan88

yea, and the assists should range between 50 and 75 points cuz that is helping complete the objective too.

xXKingKongxX

I think you answered your own question "Trey Arch tried to kill TDM b/c it's not an MLG certified play list"

It's a pity really, I refuse to play TDM, and back out when it comes up in moshpit etc as it's just not enjoyable to play.

sutakas

Agree with you. In previous CoD's I only played TDM, but in BO2 I play KC most of the time. Indeed TDM is much more campy than in previous series.

But still, linking hellstorm and lighting strike it's pretty easy to get some high killstreaks. In Carrier I got 3 or 4 stealth choppers and I only got 1-2 kills in total with them:)

personally I enjoy TDM because it is a fast game.

I find the game can drag sometimes, especially if the other team is camping on the bigger maps.

I think making it longer would only draw out the bad games.

This is so true. I play with a full party all the time. TDM is not an option anymore since you have no time to get any better score streaks in this game.

In KC you get score streaks easier but this game rewards too much for stealing your teammates tags.

ChestSplittah

I think they should.

CallOfDutyFan88

i think tdm should stay at 75 kills, but it definately needs to feel less like barebones. i would like to get a lighning strike before the end of the match lol.

I like the new killstreak system. The sucking times of constant incomming chopper gunners and B52 bombardements of BO 1 are gone. I had games in BO 1 with so much choppers of both teams on the map that i wasnt able to call my own LOL. But in some points you are wright. The lower streaks should be easier to get with some more assist points and the higher streaks, especially K9 and swarm should be harder to get. I once played a game of Domination on Overflow and the other team saver their killstreak rewards for the second half of the game.It was 2 times K9 and 3 times swarm right one after an other. THATS no fun i can tell you .

Bml_

You don't wanna play me in hardpoint then

zvers

This is why I only play: UAV, Hunter Killer and Care package (with engineer). Your only chance of getting anything good before the game ends. Harldine helps too.

Campy?? Well, maybe to you but i'm not running and gunning with an LMG or Sniper against a person running an SMG. That's just stupid. You have to play to the strengths of the gun your using. That's just common sense. If you are charging around with an SMG and I'm mowing you down with an LMG, well, maybe you are the one that needs to change tactics, not me.

are you serious that you cant get a lightning strike in TDM?

I dont think the problem is the time limit.

BukLau101

One good thing about no streaks in TDM is it makes camo challenges so easy. I am a long time TDM player and right now it is so slow and boring because everyone is camping for streaks they can't get. Even with hardline a VSAT in TDM requires a merciless killstreak (10 kills). As other people have said TDM isn't MLG certified so 3arc tried to kill it off but they failed. Luckily KC is what TDM used to be, lots of fast paced action and you can actually get streaks.

gigitygigity

Only problem may be that if they increase the limit it'll just make people camp harder for the higher kill streaks.

I don't think I've had a match or core TDM go to time yet, a few in HC for sure, but not so many. I kinda like the way the matches are over so quickly. If you don't get to use the higher kill streaks then so be it. Go play Dom or KC if you want them.

StonerShug

I think this has less to do with MLG and more to do with them wanting to tame the killstreaks. Killstreaks are fun and all but when they are too easily spammed it ruins the game. If they had kept the earning of killstreaks the same i could of bought into the MLG thing. With all the changes that have been made to killstreaks/their cost, it seems too much of a coincidence that in a game mode that rewards you highly for killing with no risk for objectives, theyve lowered the score limit.

High scorestreaks - Harder to earn, Low scorestreaks - extremely EMP'able. IMO theyre trying to stop this game being ALL about killstreaks. Which can only be a good thing right? Now if only they'd region lock this bloody game and i dunno, maybe do something about the lag.

sstang1

I think they know the majority of the playerbase play TDM and thats part of the reason the points are low - they are trying to encourage people to try the other game modes - I've been playing more Kill Confirmed lately and easily get 2 - 3 times the amount of points of a TDM match - Score !!

phxs72

Agreed.  TDM is not the place to go if you want to level up both yourself and your guns quickly.  I wouldn't mind if they increased the kill limit to 100 though.  It would help balance that part of it some.  As is I pretty much only play TDM when there's a clan op going.  There just isn't anything there to draw me.

TDM's problem is that its until 75 points. Make it 100 like KC and its much funner. This game mode lasts like what 2 minutes

crosby85

By doing this it may mean all the idiots that play DOM thinking it is TDM might go back to playing TDM as all the are after is high kill streaks and high K.D's I for one would appreciate that!

ghamorra

I've been saying this for a while now (since I first arrived during Black Ops) and very few people have argued against this. I have read some good thoughts on this though. Activision could very well be "nerfing" the game mode so people try other playlists.

Killconfirmed averages at least 125 kills per winning team, I don't see how 100 kills in TDM would be so hard. Or, if you're going to keep it at 75 kills at least boost the points per kill. Something needs to be done because TDM is boring as Hell

ladylucina

I really think they should up the score from 75 to 100. because think about it right... fair enough up the score for kills/assists etc and get scorestreaks faster.. but then if the overall score of TDM stays at 75 then the game would be over so much quicker. if someone gets a high scorestreak quickly(assuming they changed the score for kills etc) then they should definitely up the final score from 75 to 100 or even more because if they make it quicker to get scorestreaks(which i agree with btw) and leave it at 75 then the game would end to quick imo. but i do agree with the OP and others

WhatzHisName

Yeah a change would be nice for TDM. Its a little frustrating when in hardpoint a caputure and a couple kills pretty much gets you a Hunter killer, then you switch to TDM and you need over 5 kills to get the same thing. Awesome they changed it for games like Dom and Hardpoint, but a tweak would b great for TDM