1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 4:33 AM by gambit1969 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD
    phxs72

That's were I'm at with it.  Hands down worth the money even with all of its flaws but it would be nice if those flaws could go away.  Then it would be beyond a great value for the $.  Considering that other games suffer from some of the same issues in their online experience, I doubt that the flaws will be leaving us anytime soon but we can always hope that the company with all of the billions in their pockets will be able to find a solution.

• 41. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD
    TRU11

im sticking with what you is saying.

even though cost wise COD is a bargain because you can play it for as long as you want but quality/enjoyment wise then this game is very dissapoiting.

i do enjoy it as well for a few times but if this keep up then chances are lll go back to MW3 which i enjoyed alot more and paid around the same price for.

i also find myself going back to nba2k more because i enjoy that more.

Now i will feel i wasted my money when i will turn to those other games again.

Also im the type that will rather spend 150 euro for my SB party and celebrate the ravens win it all and thus get alot of enjoyment and memories forever then i spend 50 euro on a game  that i expected to play a year around , only to put away after 4 months of dissapointment and no improvement in that period.

• 42. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD

I remember doing chores to buy a game on tape. Yep, you read that correctly, a video game on CASSETTE TAPE. The Commodore 16 was my first computer/game system.

And to answer the question of the thread quickly... yes, I have had my money's worth from CoD. But, at the minute, I'm not getting my money's worth on the 100mb broadband because of it.

That doesn't mean to say Activision haven't had their money's worth from me. I've owned every CoD since the first one in 2003 on PS2. I've bought every map-pack for all the ones with multiplayer and have the Season Pass for BO2.

• 43. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD

Buddy, I had an Amstrad which was like a crappier Commodore.

That noise the tape made when loading - amazing!

• 44. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD

Even with this game's issues, I think I'm getting my money's worth, but I don't really think about it in dollar value.

After all, $60 doesn't really hold the same value as it did back when I was young. I remember when being able to scrounge up $20 spending money for a weekend was big deal, now I can blow that amount on a single weekday lunch easily.

Instead, I think back to a time when I had to voluntarily stay late after school, just to have a chance at maybe getting a turn playing Space Invaders on one of the computer lab's brand-new Commodore Vic-20s.

I remember a time when I had to take a 45-minute bus ride downtown with a pocket full of quarters to play the newest games at the nearest video arcade and, when those quarters ran out, I still hung around for hours just to watch other people play.

When I think back to those days, and think about just how amazing it is that I can now sit on my own couch, in the comfort of my own home, and play such incredible games with and against people from all over the world, in real-time, it really makes me appreciate just how far we've come in my lifetime.

When I put it into that perspective, something like a little lag doesn't really seem like such a big deal anymore.

• 45. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD
    NHAngler

I think there was one before it too...the Vic 20 or something like that.

The Good Ole Days :-)

• 46. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD
    StonerShug

Whooooah there, In your day games werent shipped until 100% ready? What console were you playing? Obviously not a spectrum/commodore/atari/master sytem/mega drive/nintendo/super nintendo/3do/dreamcast/galaxy/n64..... and breathe

Theres loads of others, i can think of more as im typing, but you get the point

EDIT: Had to find this, i remember a charlie brooker program on gaming talking about old school games, this was in it and is pretty relevant - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Willy#Bugs

• 47. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD

Yep, I remember that too.

When the consoles came out, like Atari 2600 etc, the keyboarders seemed to get left behind. Then Commodore unleashed the Amiga that thing rocked.

I went from Commodore 16 - Commodore 64 - Atari 2600 - NES - Master System - Amiga - SNES - Mega Drive - Saturn - PS1 - PS2 - PS3. With things like Game Boy/Game Gear/DS/PSP in between.

• 48. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD
    TRU11

i rather look at it like this.

money i spend is tied to expectations.
    if expectations are meet then its money well spend.

if expectations are not meet then it was a waste of money.

right now this game is a waste of money cause im experiencing to much lagg BS to enjoy it.

ive spend alot of money on my internet connection and it was money well spend cause i have no issues with other games i play online.

if i spend money on a date and i get laid then its money well spend and if not i should ask myself if this girl is a keeper, if so then it was money well spend, if not then it was a waste of money.

if i spend money on my SB party and the ravens win then it was money well spend, if they loose i might kill the first person who wants to rub it in. Also waste of money then lol.

anyways i guess you guys get my point.

• 49. Re: You guys 30 and up.....getting your moneys worth by buying COD

Yup, the Vic-20 was released in 1981, the "Wonder Computer of the 1980's"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UK9VU1aJvTI

(and before that was the Commodore PET, way back in 1977!)

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next