41 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 5:07 PM by UncleFizer RSS

Leaving a game counts against you

Well recently I realized that leaving a game counts as a loss. Which is something that I think should be changed because I don't like kill confirmed and I do not like playing games that are pretty much already lost. So as soon as the game loads I leave to find a better game, and it counts againstmy win/lost ratio.

• Re: Leaving a game counts against you

well people can just 'boost' their win streak then if they leave a game they are about to lose without them counting against them.

starbuckfrack

Too bad , because that has been a rule for at least 8 years in this game.

Stop quitting games.

Forget about WL ratio, it's completely false in this game.

You get 10 or 15 losses a day for host migrates and disconnects.

CraigEtches

Hence why they do it for people like you leaving game when your put in one near then end yes its annoying but deal with it stop caring about your W/L ratio

It's a team based game, so get a team together and play it. That way you don't have to play with randoms on your team.

I am amazed people still play on their own and complain when they get slotted into a losing game.

Plus, just see the game out, you know you are going to lose, but if you believe in your own ability, you can make the loss less embarrassing for your team, and get the match completion bonus to go with it.

Just stop crying bro, it doesn't look good.

trialstardragon

Tough luck, stop lobby hopping. Stop leaving games just because you do not like how it is going. Chose to leave, take your just deserts that you earned fair and square. they are not going to change it jsut so you can pad/protect your precious little stat.

phantom139

Like mentioned above W/L is a complete joke in this game, I wouldn't even worry about it.

However, there is a point. We should not be placed in matches that only have a good 40 seconds to a minute left in it. If I want to leave a game, sure count it as a loss, I could care less. But for future info, I honestly think that the loss rule should not apply if you don't spawn your player. I almost always take time to look at each of the individual scores on my team before even spawning. A lack of score or any emphasis on trying to go for the objectives is an instant disconnect for me.

The first thing i do when i join a match in progress is to check how the situation is and how long it takes till the match is over.

I personally like it more when the match is over in few seconds so i can have a fresh new lobby earlier. What i don't like is when i join a match in progress and the enemy has all kind of stuff in the air and all of them are super positive while the team i get put in is double negative and are unable to shoot down the stuff, not my problem, instant leave and search for new lobby.

Schoat333

You left the game, you get a loss. Thats how it should work. Maybe I'm not understanding your problem?

parnezzi

the join in progress games that are 100 or 150 points behind and you see your  teammates just being spawn killed by a loadstar and all these high killstreaks that are impossible to take down.

DaddyTinman

Sounds like time for a new suggestion to Activision/Treyarch/Future CoD devs.   Create a new stat, called Survivor (like the accolade we have in BO2 right now).  Present a Survivor percentage (stayed in game regardless of starting or joining the game) next to the W/L percentage.  Easy in BO2, as the event is already coded.

parnezzi

its called spawn protection and not making killstreaks so OP

DaddyTinman

The issue is how the event affects your W/L ratio.  A different stat would show who leaves games early.  I agreee that one reason some leave a game is because they can't handle or see any reason to fall into a game where they are plummeled immediately,  I find that a challenge and make the best of it.  But there are other reasons why players leave a game. 

Having a stat to show who uses an exit for whatever reason is missing.  Easier to explain a decimal drop in W/L percentage if backed up by Exit Ratio.

Coding to perform your two suggestions, parnezzi, will be cumbersome and complicated.  Using existing parameters in the game to creat a player stat is a bit easier on the programmers. 

Schoat333

Ah, and guess what the main reason your getting thrown into this game is... Yep, some sore losers left the game.

Swaggin412

If I get stuck with terrible teammates I'm not going to waste my time, I'm just leaving the game. If your teammates are getting crushed there's no point in staying in a game that's pretty much already over.

Roush

Who cares about win/loss? Do you hang that stat on your wall at home? Make sure you have a full team if you're really that concerned about win/loss.

rdnsnow

The only thing that sucks is when you join a game in progress and you are immedetly spawn killed, its the 2nd round and the score is 175 - 80. (domination). You should not get a loss for leaving a game thats already in progress when it starts. Now, if Im in a new lobby and my team is getting beat bad, then sure i deserve the loss because i had something to do with it.

Roush

I disagree. Play with a full team and you will not have that issue - you'll almost always start a new game. If you're joining as a random you're going to have this issue no matter what so I would suggest find a team.

I quit games all the time.  When I join I do the bullet test and if my connection to the host is garbage, I'm gone.   If I start getting a lot of insta-deaths, I'm gone.  If it's good match, but gets a host migration I will test again.  If the connection is bad after migration, I'm gone.

Ive got no time for it.

wash0ut

I play by myself and recently starting playing domination which is brutal for loners. I have quit games in the 1st 10 seconds when I see my team has run off in a random direction and I am capturing A by myself. It's not fun when you get stuck with people like that so why waste the next 10 mins getting angry at a bunch of people you don't know and are probably laughing at your rage. Take the loss and move on. W/L is meaningless.

TheHive-Grandad

I have experienced this to a small extent in the past but today my buddy and I started a game and we ran straight to 'A' on slums. To my amazement EVERYONE else ran off, not to 'B' but to try and get kills. I could not believe what I was watching, I was furious with these players.

We ended up having a hard fought first round, only me and my mate had any captures or defends on our team and we all went very negative. Next thing  at half time everyone had backed out!! So 2v6, luckily a couple of lads came online and joined our game and we ended up winning by 10 points.

The sooner 3arch wake up and take K/D stats out of all game types except for KC and TDM the sooner people will stop backing out so much.

Only then will people play domination for the game type and the win and not just to get easy kills and buff their KD stats.

JSlayer211

Taking the K/D out of the equation will not solve the problem. Fixing the domination layouts so that taking B isn't a death trap and the only possible way to win would fix domination. Who in the world would make this following statement, "Sweet I'm halfway to my VSAT, now I'm going to jump on B flag!" It will never happen lol. Fixing kill based game modes so that the emphasis for killers is stronger to go there would fix alot of objective game modes. Removing K/D would only waste precious hours of development time. Removal of a continuous streak through death also curbed the desire to go for objectives. If the only way to obtain streaks is without dying, why risk the unnecessary deaths? lol. People playing MW3 would still RUSH for those flags with support streaks as they knew they could still help their team and get some streaks up for their effort. There is little reward for risk in this game. People throwing themselves into the fire get no rewards, no pats on the back, and no accolades or bragging rights. Only a higher sense of moral standing that doesn't extend past their own PoV. That win you and your mate died for time and time again, was probably undone with the countless free losses you receive on a daily basis from joins in progress. Maybe the right question to ask is, why do you torture yourself when the game was built against your style of play?

snoops07

I see what you're saying and agree to a point but I have two things to say.

-Plenty of reason to go to B, you get 200 pts.  That's a lot of points.  

-Also, why do people play Domination if they don't have any desire to jump on a flag?   

TheHive-Grandad

Taking K/D out of the objective game modes would help a lot, primarily it would reduce the number players that simply want to get kills to make their K\D ratio look good. Also the points for a kill in domination should be returned to the amount when to game was released (50 I think) and increased points for capping and defending.

I have never had a problem capturing 'B' flag either playing solo or in a team. You call it a "Death trap" but what do you want it to be? It is the most important flag in the game and it should be fought over vigorously. Your point about obtaining scorestreaks is valid enough but I think half the problem is people are running scorestreaks that they are simply not good enough to get. I like to think I am good enough to get a VSAT on a semi regular basis, but I KNOW I am good enough to get 3/4 UAV's, hunters and counters in a game which is far more useful to the team than failing to get a VSAT.

DemonHunter777

Pay attention to the game. If the game just starts and you are the only one securing A, your teammates may be trying to get the jump on the B flag. I used to do this, but stopped because I was the only one trying to get B early and would get stomped.

When the game starts,do not pick your class. Press circle (ps3)or whatever on xbox. Then check the score,if it's not looking promising,back out. This will not count as a loss and will not put a 1.00k/d on your stats. Simples

JSlayer211

If they did this then they could also remove win/loss stat from the window and everyone would have a perfect win ratio. No game would ever complete either lol. Nonstop host migrations as the match neared it's end until enemy forfeits come on the screen.

snoops07

So you leave when you appear like you're going to lose and you don't think you should lose.  That's pretty darn funny.   And if you're leaving because you don't like the map or game type, you should of left in the lobby.

W/L does mean something.    We all experience bullcrap losses.   Suffice to say, if you have less than 40% win ratio, than I'm going to consider you not very good.   Team or no team, you should have better than 40% if you're any good at this game.

nicedrewishfela

The Sky is Blue.

xlimepops

Protect your W/L ratio by not lobby hopping. If you enter into a game that is not going well just finish it. You never know, your team might make a comeback. And if not you take the loss which is what you were going to do by leaving the game anyway.

DaddyTinman

A group from my clan were playing our usual casual-paced game style a few days ago.  Then we fell into a lobby against another party-chat enabled team.  They held the brown shutter side of Shutdown and won 75 - 44.  We stayed in for the whole match and voted on the same map.  We held our side this time, and one 42 - 39.  I researched their previous games and the players (half with W/L above 70%) had played that map for several matches with wins.  Sure, we could have left.  But they vacated the lobby after our win.  They didn't want another possible loss.

xlime has it right....you affect your win/loss by staying and turning things around.  Use the info to win the next one.  Being adaptable is key to modern warfare as well as playing a video game using modern warfare as a backdrop.

rdnsnow

Or i could leave early and save myself time and frustration since we were going to lose anyways. Might as well just get it over with.

xlimepops

I was more so saying that sometimes you don't know if you're going to lose the game. It might be going badly at first but there is a possibility of coming back to win instead of being a poor sport and giving up as soon as you see the team you're on is down by 10 or 15. You would probably have more success if you finished out the game and then stayed for one more just to see how it goes playing a full length match. Jumping into a game mid match puts you at a disadvantage and encourages lobby hopping and in turn causes a low W/L ratio.

You do have control over your own W/L ratio. Don't complain about how you keep losing if you keep lobby hopping. When you do that then you're just part of the problem.

T-boss

joining midgame should not be counted at all.

leaving a game should be counted as a loss. and eventualy lead to probation/penalties.