30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 1:33 PM by Cronkd RSS

MW3 2nd most played game on XBL 2012 and 5th most played this week

DirtyVillan

So according the Major"Larry" MW3 is the 2nd most played game on XBL from Dec2012 through Jan2013 beating out Minecraft, Halo, and Battlefield 3 still to this date. So, how many have switched from BO2 to play MW3 and why, when BO2 was released MW3 was not even in the top 10 played yet slowly but surely its climbing up the ladder. Give reasons you may have quit playing BO2 and switched to MW3, if your returning soon or even at all. I haven't played BO2 in about 2 weeks and am really wishing I did not sell my copy of MW3. The first DLC is here, if thing wrong with the game don't improve now they will never get better, only 3 more DLC after this one are they worth it. These questions need discussing before spending more hard earned money on what may be worthless garbage.

• Re: MW3 2nd most played game on XBL this month
    dweez1988

I still play BO2 every once in a while but switch a lot back and forth with MW2 & 3.

The amount of tryhard spawn killers is increasing by the week in my experience.

So I pop in MW2 just to do some shooting and MW3 for infection and other game types such as face off.

Dboss55

I want this to be near the top, so it's a reply to the OP. You're wrong. I checked. You're looking at stats for the most average unique users per day for all of 2012. This includes the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, etc when MW3 was still big.

The top 5 most played for the week of January 7th, 2013 are:

1. Black Ops 2

2. Minecraft

3. FIFA 2013

4. Halo 4

5. MW3

maccabi

Dboss55 wrote:

I want this to be near the top, so it's a reply to the OP. You're wrong. I checked. You're looking at stats for the most average unique users per day for all of 2012. This includes the months of Jan, Feb, Mar, etc when MW3 was still big.

The top 5 most played for the week of January 7th, 2013 are:

1. Black Ops 2

2. Minecraft

3. FIFA 2013

4. Halo 4

5. MW3

This ^^^

wish people would actually read stuff before posting misinformation

lets see shall we..

here are the top games for 2012 based on average Unique Users per dayconnected to Xbox LIVE or full versions purchased between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on average UU’s per day)

1 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
        2Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
        3Halo 4
        4 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
        5 Call of Duty: Black Ops

Taken from http://majornelson.com/2013/01/22/top-games-of-2012/

DirtyVillan

Either way MW3 has been moving back up ever since BO2 released, users bought bo2 had a big "wtf" moment and went back to mw3, even for it to be in the top 5 in the last couple weeks says something about bo2. To add also I will apologize if the "misinformation" offended anybody. The base of my argument still has validity. BO2 is losing players to its predecessor really early in its expected lifespan.

DaddyTinman

There is no data showing that BO2 is dropping in numbers, only that the games above MW3 have moved below MW3 on the list.  We cannot tell if MW3 gained any more UUs as well.

The data depicts that the CoD franchise is still popular in the Xbox community.  I enjoy MW3 now because the heavy hitters are too busy with BO2.  Less foolish noobs in MW3 as they have partied on over to BO2.  Also, less lag in the MW3 servers.  Folks left are trying to gain Clan XP (before the MW3 challenges/operations suddenly became silent) and the matches are more enjoyable. 

BL:  Make the game you like enjoy on your console.  You don't have to be a part of a mass popularity contest to have fun.  I watch those FICA games climb up the charts.  No way of telling if those players have or don't have BO2, ME3, Halo4.  But they do like to kick that ball!

r33k

i will wait and monitor before purchasing the DLC. if signs show that things have improved, then a purchase will be made, if not, then no DLC.

JSlayer211

For me, it was like this, I used to think MW3 had some pretty heavy problems until I played BO2. Now I really realize the masterpiece that I had laid at my feet for so long. Map designs, arsenal, clan op prizes, playlists, playstyles, and much more robust and powerful player you control. BO2 is like controlling the grandfather of my char from MW3, he just doesn't remember how awesome he used to be lol. Domination is also one of my favorite game modes, BO2's iteration of domination is an abomination. This thread will definitely have 10+ pages as people lay out the laundry list of issues. Just BO2 is a major disappointment on so many levels.

blarkw

I can agree with you on that. It takes no skill or very little skill with blops 2. Blops 1 was better and W@W was better. MW3 I didn't care much for, boards to cluttered and the gameplay for me was off a bit.

I had really high hopes for blops 2 but by end of week 1 was very let down. I am now putting my hopes on the DLC and large patch. I really hope that can breath the life back intot he game that it needs to keep more then the noob playing it.

It just feels to me as though they really built the game for noobish style players. Very little recoil, attachments that makes guns even easier to use.

Just really let down.

I honestly was getting real bored of COD when MW3 released.  Alot of that, is my own "choices of gameplay", as I was only playing party games or TDM or FFA...I never tried to prestige...never cared for calling cards, or special features on my guns, etc.  I won/got highest kills 95%+ of the time in those modes and it just got boring for me.  Now that Blackops2 came out and they have the scorestreaks, etc....it has caused me to actually grow extremely fond of objective modes.  It's almost like a brand new series of game for me, even though its the same FPS it has been.  I never play TDM or FFA anymore, now.

JSlayer211

I'm glad you feel that way about the objectives in this game but I have seen more PTFO about BO2 than ever on MW3. The way they designed domination B flag is a guaranteed death trap 90% of the time. I don't have to wonder why others aren't playing the objective.

Score streak system was a good idea, but when you misappropriate the scores awarded for actions in the game it doesn't really help the problem at all. Which is why you see the TDM kill whores flocking to objective modes. Their game modes are ruined for them, so why not?

dweez1988

Indeed.

I turned to TDM because there is little to no spawn killing, While I love objective based games I now play more TDM and FFA because I don't get completely destroyed by enemies in my teams spawn point.

Before BO2 I only played game modes like DOM and DEMO

smokeypervert

There is no spawn killing, you guys just can't react two seconds after reviving. I play multiteam and I never become spawned killed. I have saw people near my spawns,but I just spawned on top of them, I'm surprising them, there're not surprising me. You guys just can't react fast enough, or your really bad.

smokeypervert

There is no spawn killing, you guys just can't react two seconds after reviving. I play multiteam and I never become spawned killed. I have saw people near my spawns,but I just spawned on top of them, I'm surprising them, there're not surprising me. You guys just can't react fast enough, or your really bad.

Spawn killing does occur, you cannot aim fast enough when an entire team is aiming the ms after you spawn.   I have not experienced it in TDM, but it does occur on KC on the smaller maps, and I am sure on other objective maps it gets even easier.

/Disagree.  

I agree with your thinking Blackops2 is awesome, but spawn killing DOES exist.  Try out chaos moshpit and get on nuketown....hardpoint to be exact...enjoy!

It doesn't happen ALL the time for me, but at least 10 times so far I've spawned into an INSTANT death.  I had 0 chance of moving, reacting, doing ANYTHING about the fact that an LMG was spraying 60+ bullets in a straight line right where I'm spawning..bang bang bang headshots I'm done.  You can say its about reactions all you want, but that is complete horse crap, because I don't get the level of lag alot of other complain about, I have very good reactions, my ACC is better than most as well as my gameplay, and there is NOTHING you can do about be spawned into instant death.

smokeypervert

OMG, you guys are sooo wrong. Black Ops 2 is the shishnit. I never enjoyed completing challenges so much. The system is fun and perfect. In MW3 all the weapons were the same almost, and the shotguns were ****. Not including crappy level design, MW3 sucked monkey ballz. I felt gray every time I played that game. There was no color in it. Who the heck likes dual f,ing pistils, which was the only good thing on that game. Survival sucked a55, and the campaign was booty also. Worst call of duty Ever in my opinion.

....and for reals... deathstreaks....get rewarded for failing.

JSlayer211

MW3 puts BO2 in the dirt, you must be crazy. So easy to say your guns are balanced when you get 20% less guns than MW3 had. Let's see how "balanced" people think the guns are when this new one comes out with the DLC. 3arc is probably the most money hungry shameless bunch I have ever come across so expect some stupidly OP gun for the first couple months while they try to bleed their sales dry. Then rinse and repeat every time they throw out another DLC. Nothing more than sensationalized BS to mask the fact that they just disabled the content the game should have come with out of the box and resold it to the masses.

smokeypervert

OMG, you guys are sooo wrong. Black Ops 2 is the shishnit. I never enjoyed completing challenges so much. The system is fun and perfect. In MW3 all the weapons were the same almost, and the shotguns were ****. Not including crappy level design, MW3 sucked monkey ballz. I felt gray every time I played that game. There was no color in it. Who the heck likes dual f,ing pistils, which was the only good thing on that game. Survival sucked a55, and the campaign was booty also. Worst call of duty Ever in my opinion.

....and for reals... deathstreaks....get rewarded for failing.

NoLifeKing29

Just to point out OP, BF3 has never contended for the top spot, it hasnt been in the top 5 in over 6 months, so there is no reason to mention it. Its a PC game.

CoD really has no competitor at this point.... C'mon Respawn Entertainment!!