30 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 4:22 PM by SgtDoak RSS

Aim assist too strong.

OrbitaIVSAT

Needs to be toned down abit to IW levels.

• Re: Aim assist too strong.
    like2nap03

Too strong.  Yes.  too strong.

parnezzi

i never get that ever, i always get the screen jerk when people run by my screen, or having my gun moved when someone moves infront of me, or having it jerked down because it follows the moving target over the camper more often than not.

iv'e never had my aim assist jerk my aim on target for a target thats standing still

and i hit the wrong reply

Aim assist in this game is way stronger than any of the other cods at close range I feel. At medium to long range the aim assist feels about right (maybe a little too strong still) but managable so that people don't get lucky kills letting the system aim for them.

Personally I felt the order in strength of the aim assist is BO2 > BO1 > MW3 > MW2 (Didn't play much cod 4 and didn't play WaW) MW2 levels of aim assist felt really good because although the guns were strong there was little help and one of the reasons I really liked how the guns worked in that game.

QwertyBoredom

This is insane, why make a game under the pretex that this is for the "pro" gamer then add a system that effectivly plays half the game for you, last I remember the "skill" of an FPS game is to be faster and more accurate than the other player.

Cpe123

The aim assist in this game makes me want to puke on a puppy and then kick it. Factor in the lag and it gets really frustrating at times. For instance, when you are one kill away from a high score streak and stuff like this happens. I just want a fair and balanced competitive shooter, not a gameplay system that rubber bands the poor players to the good ones.

dweez1988

I have aim assist turned off because I dislike the problems it gives me when aiming.

Of course it gives an advantage at some points but it's still annoying.

I would really like to see aim assist taken out of the game.

This game needs aim assist because of lag. How do I know this? Because I use a PS3 controller on both my PS3 and laptop to play BO2. PC doesn't offer aim assist, but it is not needed because the dedicated servers make the hit detection much better. When I try to duplicate my skill on PS3 by turning the aim assist off, none of my bullets will hit the target because of the lag. Aim assist is pretty much there so they can save money.

xmrythem

have you played halo 4 at all? You wanna talk about aim assist?!

randomhero204

I've played tons of h4 and it has less..

But in cod it's not to crazy.. It almost makes sense.

xmrythem

randomhero204 wrote:

I've played tons of h4 and it has less..

But in cod it's not to crazy.. It almost makes sense.

I'm not sure I understand this. You think think that the aim assist in halo 4 is less than COD, but then COD aim assis it's not that bad?

halo 4 aim assist is just stupid. One of the main reasons I stopped playing. You physically have to  jerk your stick to stop hitting the person you're locked in on.

Adeeez100

Oh the fabled aim "resist", just another reason to let my copy gather dust.

OrbitaIVSAT

Shitty aim assist + lag= Aim resist

randomhero204

Haha what about at times when there are 2 people and you get stuck shooting right I between them.

To me cod has always had more aim assist then halo.. H4 is very generous though.. I'm generally speaking not flip flopping

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

They made it strong so that people with barely above 10% accuracy will stand a chance. It's one of Treyarch's effort to help out the noobs. When MW4 comes out and the Aim Assist isn't so strong, a lot of those who benefitted from this will have their stats reduced significantly.

LordPookums

I think the problem with aim assist strength can be seen by the sheer number of sensitivity 10 to 14 players.

When the game started, it seemed like everyone was around average speed. Nowadays, it seems like everyone has sensitivity set, so they can dance like ballerinas.

Now...having such a high sensitivity is fine...however it should cost you accuracy. If i have sensitivty at 3 to 4...I should be able to stay on target easier, and it should be more difficult for you. Likewise, your sensitivity should make non-sniper longshots extremely difficult.

The tradeoff you get, is knife distance battles, 180 ambush reaction, and very close range SMG teleport strafing should be your advantage.

--------

Part of me wants to set my sensitivity high...However, I always have such a hatred for high number sensitivty that I have reservations.

nuttin2say

I can't speak for other players, but I have a high sensitivity setting for medium and CQC engagements, not for long distance engagements. The ability to switch from one target to the next rapidly makes a difference for me.

On topic, though, I firmly believe something is not working properly regarding Target Assist in BO2. If you turn off Target Assist and have your sensitivity set high, the game is virtually unplayable. Disabling TA at low sensitivity is okay, but not at high sensitivity.

On the flip side of the coin, if you have TA enabled with a low sensitivity setting, the game is almost as uplayable.

The sweet spot seems to be somewhere around 7, maybe 9 on the high side. That's the range where I have been able to turn off Target Assist and not have so many problems. The problem is that that low of a sensitivity setting does not work for me.

Funny thing is, aim assist exist in Hardcore as well, kinda ironic LOL.

deadmaggot6

Aim assist is a crucial mechanic in quick scoping. I also its quite strong as i havee seen my gun move when a enemy walks by.

trialstardragon

IW and 3arc are different companies so set their settings differently, Do not expect one companies game to ever play like the other ever.

JUSTBAZE

aim assist is kinda necessary for consoles because of the console controller. The aim cannot be as exact as say a mouse on pc. But the levels in this game are so strong that not only does it try to aim at the person for, If two or more enemies are running together it keeps moving back and fourth beween the people causing you  to lose control of your own weapon giving the enemy the upper hand. I've heared this being refered to as "aim resist" or at least a form of it.

Ive noticed that when you aim at someone in your sight that are moving (whether its left or right or even if they are coming down a hill side or out of a window) It follows the entire path as appose to following the actual character causing alot of shots missed.giving them a unfair advantage.. So in most cases it works against you, but is too important to disable.

Fun Times on Black Ops 2?

GHOSTandGALIL

I sort of disagree and agree at the same time.

I remember playing a game with the dsr 50 and the person running into the building, my aim was actually following him. :0

I want to say this is one of the reasons you see people faint left or right. You can " drag " and throw their aim off. In the other recent COD. I never used the heartbeat sensor. I played enough to sense that little unsolicited pull on my aim to know that someone was near. It was noticable even out of ads. One of my worst rage moments was I had a nice 4 for one lined up. I know there is an efficiancy but 1 shots 4 kills? I was lining up for the easiest head shot (shots) ever and the 5th player in back was running off to the right doing his own thing. It followed him and I lost that moment. Eh who knows, maybey a 50 cal would not penetrate 3 or 4 skulls in HCKC land. I hoped like the dickens that they would make this COD with the disable button. But as irony likes to remind you who is in charge, I find that not using it presents it own unique challenges, especially when the majority of other players are using it so efficiantly. Sometimes, if the situation permits, I sweep across an enemy and see were the crosshares drag the most, to the left or right, or rarely dead center, gives me a good indication of were the hitboxes are, compared to my view of the player model. I have read on these threads that others shoot at an object at the begining of a round to see how far it is off. I had wondered why people were shooting right out of the gates. I thought they were trying to team-kill or something. I have also recently had a few situations were an opponent would run past me at close proximity and it would spin me 180 deg. This has given me a slight advantage due to the fact I was so close no gamertag was visible, but I am a ready, aim, fire individual. And I come up short it matches against all the ready, fire, jiggle, aim players.