21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 6:38 AM by FixBlops2 RSS

Offline Camera delay (lag) in BO2 is same as in BO1

I was searching youtube for new Black Ops 2 videos and i found this one here, it shows the camera delay differences in Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 while playing offline splitscreen. So basically the camera delay everyone is talking about in the last week is nothing new. I thought of sharing this with you guys.

I've tried to post this in the other lag related threads but all of them are closed.

• Re: Offline Camera delay (lag) in BO2 is same as in BO1

That's the reason why I sold everything. I am not pushing this sh*t anymore.

We know it's nothing new, most are saying it's been the worst in blops 2.

Cod4 and MW2 I played solid for almost 2 years, I just could not put those games down. i skipped WAW because I didn't get into the whole WW2 setting.

this whole crap with the delay and instakill started with blops1.  MW3 it just got worse.  Both those games I sold after just a few weeks because it was just frustrating me too much. 

I was not going to get blops2 at all, and it's the first cod that I didn't buy at a midnight launch. It was mostly my clan friends who kept telling the game played better and felt better then the last 2 games so based on that I kind of caved in and got the game.

True to what they said, I was amazed, it actually did play better..... for the first week or so... then came the updates and hotfixes and it's just become a mess and now feels just as bad as the other two.

if it does not change soon then I think it will be time to get rid of it.  I have tried everything from using PC monitor to messing around with my connection etc to the point I am paying for two seperate internet services, one fiberoptic and the other is normal broadband. nothing has mad any difference so far.

My KD in past cod games was always over 2.0 but now I can't get over 2.   I know some really good players but on my friends list there is only One person with a kd that is over 2 and even he does not play that much anymore.

I am also seeing a big decline in the number of people on my friends list that play the MP online.

I don't have a capture card but it would be really cool if someone could make a video doing the same test in Cod4 and MW2 to be able to compare the past games as well.

seen a similar video this morning the delay was shocking

adw1983

It's not the camera.

It's the entire player model being up to half a second delayed even on good connections.

Shots fired from these players are similarily delayed -- but most often shot with an advantage.

The true problem lies in that the delays are noticeable by good players.

As a semi-automatic weapon user -- I could not play Black Ops 2 anymore.

I just could not.

I feel schizophrenic when playing Black Ops 2.

Clear hits become misses.

Clear misses become hits.

I need 4 hits for the kill on 2 meters range in the open with the SMR.

I fire 4 shots with the SMR only to have three of them disappear.

OrbitaIVSAT

Shocking, just shocking.

maccabi

FixBlops2 wrote:

I was searching youtube for new Black Ops 2 videos and i found this one here, it shows the camera delay differences in Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 while playing offline splitscreen. So basically the camera delay everyone is talking about in the last week is nothing new. I thought of sharing this with you guys.

I've tried to post this in the other lag related threads but all of them are closed.

and just like every other video this shows absolutely diddly squat. People see what they want to see.

oh and also hardly worth pointing out but i will anyways

omgz a 166ms delay!!!

erm nope

the game runs at 60 fps  thats 60 frames every 1000ms

1 frame is 17 ms (rounded off as its really 16.6)  so erm 5 frames is 85ms

wish people would stop posting these dumb videos

the whole people see what they want to see thing works both ways...

One could say the people who just don't see a problem are in just as much denial over it.

it's funny that the video was comparing Blops1, MW3 and Blops2 because this whole problem seemed to more or less start with blops1.

Some people found blops1 unplayable while others thought it was ok, same thing that seems to be happening with blops2.   

I still have my original copies of cod4 and mw2, I played them enough and enjoyed them enough to feel they were worth keeping.

blops2 i sold within a few weeks, MW3 I sold within a few weeks.  I am trying really hard to look past this issue in blops2 and trying to love the game but it's very frustrating.

The problem with blops2 for me is that it actually played ok at launch, not perfect, i know nothing is perfect, but it was close to MW2 and it felt like a good step up from blops2 and MW3 but then after a few updates and hotfixes whatever they did has just made it worse to the point I would put it almost on the same level as MW3, hence I now feel like selling it.

what this video should have done is do the same test going back to MW2 or even Cod4 although I am not sure Cod4 had MP split screen on consoles.

people see what they want to see, if you refuse to see a problem with the game, no amount of videos or anything will make any difference, the unbelievers will always try to explain it away... just like they keep telling us this is all in our head.

maccabi

darkwitness wrote:

people see what they want to see, if you refuse to see a problem with the game, no amount of videos or anything will make any difference, the unbelievers will always try to explain it away... just like they keep telling us this is all in our head.

Its amazing how the "its all in your heads" comment still gets mentioned, when Jd made that comment within minutes it was taken out of context and bandied about.. and still is to this day. The comment wasnt about peoples expereinces or denying lag comp or whatever people claim is the issue , it was solely about the fact theatre and killcams werent accurate.

See the problem with these types of videos is as i keep pointing out is they are like a ufo believer seeing a video of lights in the sky and citing that video as proof of ufos. its because they WANT to beleive it

look at the video posted.. the guy who made the video posted the "delay" in ms its not even right . and again theres nothing in that video or any other of these "delay" videos that give any indication they are even synced correctly.

but lets say for arguements sake the delay is actually a real thing, you realsise by slowing the footage down it makes it look worse , thats the problem when people macro analyse stuff everything looks worse hck you could do the same with any aspect of the game and find a delay.

thing is this "delay" is so tiny that you wont even notice it in real time .

Chill mac, this thread is like 2 weeks old.

SitRepPro

Looks like split screen overburdens systems anyway.  Shame that it has near enough died in the racing game genre.

phxs72

I have noticed when splitscreening Zombies and my split screener has died off and is observing me that there is maybe a 1/2 second delay between my view and his.  It seemed odd to me that it would be so noticeable since we're both playing on the same console but there it was.  I don't know if that relates at all to lag in general that he may have been experiencing while alive but I found it interesting.  It makes you wonder how often the split screener is a bad player or if they just are too far behind the action to be a good player.

It would be really good if whoever made the videos could compare it to cod4 and MW2.

it's hard to show that it's broken when you compare it to the two other games that were just as broken.

Again, for a lot of people who have been complaining about this delay problem, it started with Blops1 and has just got worse since.  it's nothing new when you compare it to those games, it is new or at least very noticable when compared to cod4 or mw2.  Not saying those games are perfect but they were not as frustrating in terms of this specific problem, so it would be better to compare with those games.

The only problem with this camera delay theory to me is, why do I not see it every time I play the game.  Some games I feel like I am behind, then all of a sudden I am not.  

It is soley connection related in regards to what people are seeing in game.