35 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 11:00 AM by lPikachu RSS

W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!

Between all the Join In Progress and Host Dashboard, i get an average of 10 - 15 losses A DAY!

I was trying to get my W/L Ratio up, but i just give up, since im a Lonewolf i do get to many BS with all the "Join In Progress" and host dashboard, so yeah pretty much W/L means nothing to measure a player skill.

• Re: W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!
    trialstardragon

It never did, W/L does not measure an individual skill ever in this franchise. For all it takes is playing with a a group for enough games that does well and you can inflate your W/L to what ever you want it to be. Same as how K/D does not really show skill since you can boost for that too.

nicedrewishfela

Your negativity is astounding.

Why do you play if you are going to be like this?

IF you play Lone Wolf and Lobby Hop, this is what is going to happen.

Ridiculous.

Gunzby

My w/l is horrible. Between all the games I back out of because of ridiculous lag/hosting, being put into losing games and dashboards I bet I've lost enough points to prestige.

iivrruummii

Well this is a team game so W/L shows a lot of skill.

WIN/LOSS ratio's show how good you more the K/D!

not to be a **** but my k/d is 2 and my w/L is almost 2 aswell.

i've never played in a party of people and i usually play domination and tdm. in mw3 my kd was 2.25 and my win/loss was 2. a good player carries his team.

this morning i got 40-7 in tdm, the next guy got 9-15 and the rest were similarly bad. we still won by 3 kills. so don't tell me win/loss doesnt show a players skill. it is the most important statistic in finding player skill. because a kd of 2-3 could mean they camp alot but don;t capture positions or shoot down air support. where as a high win ratio shows that your a team player, you can carry a team and your clutch in SnD/demo.

likewise my mates weekly win/loss was always over 10 because he hardly lost in SnD. skill wins games not always kills.

i've only got 4 hours play time on this game too but over 30 days played in mw2 and 20 days played in mw3

SitRepPro

Milkz12 wrote:

WIN/LOSS ratio's show how good you more the K/D!

not to be a **** but my k/d is 2 and my w/L is almost 2 aswell.

Yeah but if you spectate a match and join an unrecoverable match you're given the loss even you choose not to spawn.  I sometimes play Ground War and leave if I see my team I got assigned to a being totally clueless, usually this happens in Domination and I sometimes don't like playing that for Ground War dependong on the map as I'm usually soloing.  I've also left in I join a side that are winning by a huge margin because the game will be boring and if it gets too much for the opposition, the game will effectively soon enough.

I have not read the other posts, but I am sure they are telling you how you are doing it wrong and that the game is not at fault when you get 15 losses from people dashboarding.

biron_w

I've gotta agree with the OP.

One of the most annoying things for me is when I get a loss for the host dashboarding. How is that fair? I don't mind taking a loss if I back out of a lobby becasue it's my choice to back out,but getting a loss because somebody else dashboards is totally unfair.

snoops07

Everyone gets it.  I probably got tons of losses today due to the same thing.  Then you have to find a new game and usually it joins one in progress that you're already losing.   So basically you have a good chance to get double losses.  

But all that said, W/L still means a lot.  Everyone gets it so the higher it is shows me that you can still win despite these type of losses.  

I have a cousin who has higher spm and k/d than me.   But he has a 31% w/l.   I have a 55% playing as lonewolf.   I know him and he never plays the objective and if he can't get his kills either, he dashes.   Anyone with a 31% w/l is dashing and not playing objectives.

iivrruummii

I think if people cared more about winning than getting kills then this game would be much better.

jwaller123

snoops07 wrote:

Anyone with a 31% w/l is dashing and not playing objectives.

Not exactly, but I can see where your coming from. I have a 33% w/l, but playing domination 99.9% of the time it is difficult to win as a lone wolf. I also do not dashboard and  I play the objectives the best I can while not feeding the enemy streaks. Being a lone wolf anymore these days definatley doesn't help THAT stat. Lol.

nicedrewishfela

I've heard you say this before and I wonder why you don't pursue folks to play with?

Just the other day I got into a lobby, played well and communicated well with another teammate. He asked if I wanted to party up, brought another of his friends into the party and BAM, two new friends on my friends list. Ironically, he lived less than a half hour away from me as well.

I ask because I can't imagine always playing lone wolf in team matches, and when I have to do so it isn't nearly as fun.

jwaller123

Due to the hours I work I find it hard to find anyone to play with. No one in the lobbies I get into talk, or if they do they are more on the rude side so that stops friend requests in their tracks. I have been in only a select few lobbies where everyone was friendly. Those are the lobbies I stay in regardless of lag, gametype, win, loss, etc...and when I play I don't usually have the chance to play for more than an hour or so anyway.

I am in a clan but they concentrate more on BF3 then BO2 so I think it is kinda worthless to stay. I have been thinking about changing clans though. I know there some +30 yr old clans out there that I should probably look into.

I used to love playing Domination but with people not doing what the hell they are supposed to be doing<playing the objective>it has made me move to TDM. I would like to play again but when your solo it is hard as crap to win on a consistent basis.

Mankisman

Anyone who says W/L shows your actual skill is a complete idiot.  And in reply to the guy who said if you're good you will carry your team, I went blah blah blah and we won by 3 kills.  Yeah buddy, that's great to know, because your 40 and 0 is really going to help when your teammates are all 0 and 20.. What if someone on your team had died 4 extra times? Then you would have lost...  And it seriously seems to happen every game, whether they're on my team or the enemy team, the game (almost always... about 99% of the time for me) ALWAYS ends up being decided by who has the ultimate noobs with the .13 k/d on their team.  Everytime I see someone who goes THAT negative and has 4 bars I ALWAYS tell them, you know that combat training exists for a reason right? You don't have to play games of tdm where you hold everyone back, you can play combat training and get better at the game, while at the same time not giving anyone else an aneurysm or an easy swarm.  Also, another thing to throw out there, I cannot tell you how many times i've been absolutely destroying, and look down at the score and see we are getting raped..  Seriously, if anything K/D means a lot more than your W/L because that is seriously always your sole responsibility.  Skill based matchmaking in this game does not exist, especially when SPM is one of the deciding factors.  I've played with so many complete noobs that had a high spm, and then got totally owned by a lobby of people with some of the worst SPM ever. I'm ending my rant here because if not i'll go on for hours... 

Also this is all about while playing lonewolf, because of course if you have an allstar team of friends with you, you're going to win, or have no one else to blame but yourself for choosing to be with these people.. But that still does not change the fact that your W/L doesn't show anything close to how good you are.  Because guess what, the second you go and play by yourself your precious W/L becomes pointless, because you have absolutely no idea how the rest of your team is going to do.

iivrruummii

A team is only as good as its weakest member.  Skill based matchmaking should be more like League play.  Just saying.  If they were to implement a similar Trueskill ranking system to that of Halo 3 then winning would be way more important than K/D or SPM.  And not only would it cut down the amount of quitters but it would separate the bad from the good.  Yes it can be exploited but if they put stuff like the banhammer in it could be the best thing for COD and help it continue and prosper.

DR65DR

Weak members you say?

Had a couple of games last night with epic team killing split screeners. Seems to be this year's new thing: split screener does badly, just starts team killing (HC TDM). I think the first pair went 4-17 and 2-18 and then the next pair, one actually managed to go 0-12.

MLG Pro.

But what I don't understand is how I'm getting into lobbies with them. Our party had KDs running from 1.35 up to 2 point something, yet we're in a lobby with <1.00 KDs. Not complaining, because it was a bit of a massacre and even two bad split screeners couldn't ruin it.

Mankisman

Totally agree man, I don't understand how I get into lobbies where everyone is .5 or less K/D with all of them also having at least 50-100 less spm than me.  I feel like matchmaking is mostly based on connections alongside of trying to match it up with SPM, because A LOT OF TIMES I'm seeing people who have my area code or an area code close to me as their clan tag or even someone with the name of my town as their name....

iivrruummii

Competition is the best way to separate the "Good" from the "Bad."  I personally think Bungie had it right with Halo 2 and 3.  SBM is the way to go, but not only that you had "Social" gamemodes where people could chill or hang out if competition wasn't their thing.  Basically right now all playlists are "Social" in COD except for League Play which was implemented extremely poor.

Mankisman

League play is really frustrating too though man, because if someone quits out you're at a total disadvantage, especially if you're playing an objective based game...  Also, in league play, if a host rage quits and the game cannot recover it counts as a loss for you and you lose points... I quit after having a 20 win streak and getting it reset to 0 and losing a lot of points simply because the host quit out and the game couldn't recover from it.  Not only this, but I've played plenty of league games where I've had absolute noobs on my team, no one going for the objectives, just camping out, doing nothing at all...  Seriously, if league play matched you up with ALL PLAYERS in your division it would be more fair, but whenever I play I seem to be either the highest rank or the ONLY person who has even been placed in the whole game..  And when I say placed I mean, the only person that has been placed into a division or whatever it's called.

iivrruummii

League Play isn't perfect at all but the concept has much potential.  BUT if they tuned it, and fixed many of the problems it that not only plague LP but plague this series, such as dashboarding, bad host selection, party searching, join in progress, forfeiting, etc., then it would revolutionize the series massively.

creaper21

Until they remove the bullshit, W/L will always mean nothing to me. K/D may not be perfectly accurate, but it is a good way to see how good a player is, since it is all about how YOU play.

I've felt like this since CoD4 though. I join a losing game, with no chance of winning, and would rather just find a fresh game instead of getting spawnkilled until the end. So I leave, join a new game, get put in the same game. This repeats another 4 or 5 times. Then I finally find a different lobby and OH LOOK- the same thing is happening. It's been like this for the last 5+ CoD games. I doubt they will ever fix it, assuming they even want to.

Lone Wolfs are absolutely WL cannon fodder on this game.

When you aren't being put into a game in progress to replace a dashboarder who is about to lose, you look around at your team mates and they aren't PTFO.

The only people who can take WL seriously are those who only play in a 6.

Even FFA players get ripped off constantly.

Mankisman

Am I trippin' out or did a bunch of posts just get deleted?

If your playing solo your going to have to learn to ignore your W/L stat and not get so wound up about it, just play on a game by game basis. Generally if your SPM and KD are decent then that is normally enough to indicate you are capable. Positive W/L stats are merely an indicator of regular pubstomping in a clan/party, no big deal. However an unusually low W/L stat is an indicator of a serial dashboarder/ragequitter, or more rarely an FFA player.

snoops07

W/L does show skill.   You can win lone wolf.   I've done it in every call of duty I've played.  It's possible if you play to win.

My cousin is a prime example of a guy that says W/L means nothing and laughs at it.  He doesn't play to win so will discount it and laugh at it.

Mankisman

Okay Mr. W/L does show skill.  Riddle me this, I boot up my xbox, start up black ops 2 select a game type to play and wait for it to match me into a game.  I get placed into an already in session game, alright thats fine, the game starts up and bam we're already losing 50 to 20, i try my hardest but the enemy team is already positioned so well and my team keeps dying... Alright thats fine, thats just one game.. I stay in the lobby cuz its a fresh start. Game starts, dang these guys are noobs, going 37 and 4. Game ends and I see the red letters of a lost game.. I'm like wtf?? Look at the scoreboard and my team has ALL gone negative, the bottom of my team is 3 and 20, 2 and 18, 5 and 16.. And this repeats all night long, both scenarios, over and over, and of course some games i do get good teammates and i do join fresh games, but a lot of times i have absolutely no control over how my team acts, i dont understand why i have to explain this to you a second time, if you scroll up you can see i said the same thing already... Or wait, you just dont get it... because you're one of the few people who gets EXTREMELY lucky and ALWAYS is on the team with no super noobs... Either that or you just like to say the opposite of everyone...

snoops07

You're right, I'm just one luck sob.  I have over a 1000 games play on this game and mostly dom.   Of all those 1000 games I just get lucky to have good players on my team.. riiiight.   I'm usually top 2 so I'm the one carrying the team. 

Mankisman

Yep, exactly what I said, you're getting lucky. Because there's no way you can win a game thats about to end, even if you hold all 3 points for the rest of the game.  And playing domination depends a little less on your whole team, if youre playing a game like tdm and your team sucks you can only carry them so much.  Again, you're getting lucky, because out of the 1000 games i've played on only TDM i only have a 1.05 w/l ratio even though 90% of the time im on top of the board.  Yet on gun game, ffa or any other totally lonewolf game I have around a 2+ w/l ratio.

snoops07

I didn't say that W/L isn't skewed because it is.   I'm saying it is still a worthy stat.   

The best thing to do for a lone wolf guy and perhaps anyone is add about 10% more w/l to make up for join in progress and dashboard losses.   So if you're winning 30% of the time, it may be safe to say you actually win 35% to 40% if it wasn't for dashboarding and join in progresses.     My point is it happens to everyone.  You should still value w/l.  

I win 55% of the time so far in this game.  Say you win 30%.   If it wasn't for the dashboaring and join in progress, I'd probably show 65% and you'd show 40%.  Thus I still have skill to carry a team better than you.   Not trying to toot my own horn.

I play to WIN in every game I join, but when you get losses for disconects and when you are put into games that are best part lost already you get an undeseved loss.

That isn't me being defeatist or not trying to win, it is a simple fact of BO2 or CoD in general. Solo players often replace dashboarders. Most people dashboard when the game isn't going their way or there are enemy high scorestreaks up.

I understand why CoD doesn't do the check box for players who don't want to join games in progress, so I have to let WL go by the wayside.

the guy upstairs said it right, take each game as they come and don't get hung up on stats.

avngr9

I would have agreed with you a year ago except for some reason this is a different game.  I hate losing.  This is a game I play for fun but I'm still very competitive.  I hate losing all the time even if I do well on my own.  I typically play lone wolf and its been that way since COD4 and this is the first game I haven't been able to maintain a positive W/L ratio and I've just stopped caring.

i gave up on getting my W/L up.. when you play team based games,a nd you play solo, its impossible to get constant wins.. especially when your always playinga gainst parties and clans.. and your teammates are 5 year olds with no motor skills.

doesnt matter how good you are.. i have  3.05 kd, so i can win gun fights, but i cant beat 6 players by myself, to out gun them all and to knwo where they are at all times.. just isnt possible

so if you think you cant win the game... look out for your KD.. you can control that

lPikachu

As  a lone wolf you will always end up joining a team getting stomped its bull ****