13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 7:36 PM by ghamorra RSS

Thoughts on pistols

ghamorra

I started this discussion a few days ago but the forum decided to become possessed and post everyone's replies several times over, so I'm going to try number 2.

I would like to know what you guys think of the pistols in Black Ops II. I like them in Core modes because they're actually worth using and are arguable the most powerful they have ever been in any CoD.

What I don't like however, is how strong they are in Hardcore. I think they are OP as you can take anyone at any range in just a couple shots. The B23R is a one burst kill and the KAP being full auto a lot like the FMG from MW3. Now I'm not saying that they can't be beat. All guns in HC modes are 1-3 shots to kill, but pistols are a Secondary but can kill faster than some primaries. I find this highly unrealistic from their IRL self's, thus their OPness

• Re: Thoughts on pistols
    Im_A_Drag85

easy wins....a whole lot'a whines! haha

"YOU had a F***ING pistol bro!!!....really???"  HAHA

dubhicks

I think pistols are fine (I only play core). They finally have the power they deserve and I appreciate that. Pistols are what they are suppose to be in this game - up close stopping power. IRL the pistol is fine, as it is only used as a resort when confined to CQB and the maneuverability of them is essential. They pose little to no risk at range but can definitely save your ass if you get in a tight spot.

Im_A_Drag85

i never got big into the pistols on any other COD, but youre right, they saved my ass a lot in this game!  especially with fast hands!  when i spend my full load on my primary...the pistol saves the day!!

huntingnoluck

This is the first time in cod that I have been using pistols. They are wicked in this game, except for the Executioner. That guns sucks so that is the one that I am using, always a sucker for punishment!

gigitygigity

Pistols are the easiest to use in this COD than any other, core or hardcore.

dubhicks

Best I see it:

Fn5-7= Great representation of RL counter part. Actually has impressive range and accuracy, and the reload time is great.

Tac.40= Another good representation. It does what a .40 should. Up close battles are easy to win (with a quick trigger finger). Hurt a little by clip size.

1911= (Bias as this is a personal favorite of mine) Does not accurately depict what 3 .45 rounds would do @ close range. Though it is still easy to use as, if you are fast, you can fire like an auto .45 (Vector). All around good gun, hurt by clip size.

.28 gauge= Well, it is a struggle, but fun to use. Unfortunately, you MUST use the speed clip as your attachment because, my GOD, this thing takes forever to reload with out it. Stopping power is good, OHK within 5 feet or so. Does not deal enough damage on spread though. Outside of 10 meters, should have an option to throw gun at enemy as it would do more damage.

Kap= (Mini FMG). This gun is definitely weird. If you pull the trigger at all, go ahead and reload. Eats bullets like the EVO. Not great range, and I am still waiting to see this "recoil mitigation" it says it has. Very easy gun to use, reminds me more of the G18 in MW3. Start at the shins of the enemy and it will give you a head shot by the time you run out of ammo.

CallOfDutyFan88

they finally made them useful is my thoughts on them. please stop crying for nerfs. i think the executioner and five seven need buffs tho. i have great reasons to use the kap40, b23r and tac 45 but not those other two. people cry about them but truth is they are still 1 dimensional secondary weapons that require very close quarters and fast precision to truly be effective. alot of the time, if u miss with a pistol ur either gonna run out of bullets fast or be sprayed down or insta killed by your opponent's primary before u get a chance to re-aquire the target.

TRU11

define close lol.

i can kill peope on hijacked for instance when standing inthe above room and fire at someone on the balcony on the other side lol.

takes about 2 burst with B23R lol.

on core

CallOfDutyFan88

not if im standing on the other balcony lol, the b23r has no headshot multiplier and they programmed the bullet spread to be terrible over range so the chances of even 2 bullets out the burst landing are pretty slim at that range. besides u would probably need at least 5 bullets to hit from there. if im standing on the other balcony all i have to do is shoot u once before the flinch knocks off target and unable to re-acquire a target before i kill you. fire up local match and shoot a wall from 10ft away and look how far the bullet holes separate from each other as u back up. now imagine how much worse that gets by flinch and strafing as u shoot. by no means is the b23r a ideal weapon from that range, even tho u can get a occasional kill with it doesnt mean it should be used at that range. the five seven pistol is actually better suited for that gunfight even tho its not ideal as well.

ghamorra

It doesn't really need a headshot multiplier. Sure the the bullets spread at range but I know when I'm approaching an area where there's going to be range and I'll switch my gun accordingly. The B23R gets HS easily within 10-15yrds

scratch_1_more

Personally I've found that a few handguns in this game have incredible stopping power (B23R shown below) along with the KAP40. Both work extremely well and without a doutbt these handguns* are the most powerful in COD History. MW3 had the best machine pistols but I put them in a separate category (Some may include the Kap40 here), but as far as handguns go BO2's superior assortment is unmatched. Love utilizing them in CTF for it's increased mobility as well.

ChestSplittah

Op. Some are actually machine pistols. B23R aka Rafficas. KAP40aka Glocks from MW2. The rest I don't see used much. Not really over powered. More so seems like along with shotguns and sniper rifle, there is a delay in the fldamage taken when being fired upon when going into animation of wanting to use them. I sit and spectate people using them and watch them take enormous amounts of fire. Only to still get off the shots needed to kill.

Black Ops one pistols were by far the best in the series. I remember just using my cz75 with extended mags and dropping countless people on jungle. As for this game the obvious standouts are the Kap 40 and the Raffica 93. The other pistols are ok, Better than anything in any of the activision games(aside from the Desert Eagle and the .44 Mag)

The Tac .45 is probably the best of that bunch. The executioner is only useful on the yacht. The Five seveN is good to start and with extended mags is tough to argue against using early on. That said I don't use any except the kap 40. I prefer to use overkill or have no secondary.