21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 4:10 AM by Adinozzo RSS

bloodthirsty

Adinozzo

Hello guys

I have a diffcult time to get a bloodthirsty with the combat knife somebody have some tips

Thanx

• Re: bloodthirsty

Let people come to you. Don't run out in the open. When I was going for gold knife I preferred to play FFA on cargo. I was winning the majority of the time.

Put objects between you and your opponent.

use ghost and move about the skirts of the map

Go on nuketown,stay in one of the houses,go ham on da bit ches

Adinozzo

Thanx i will try i right away most of the time i come 1 or 2 kill short also with the other weapons i have scorpion pdw and crossbow gold untill now cross was hardest to get a bloodthirsty

Raketti

The one bloodthirsty on the crossbow felt nearly impossible, i just got it gold a few minutes ago finally :) ..Couldn't get it in Sticks & Stones because the connection is bad and people run around so much, couldn't get past 4 killstreak in HC modes with it, but i finally got it after several tries in a TDM lobby full of noobs that mostly camped. I've noticed that some camo challenges register if you get totally 5 kills in that life with the weapon you are unlocking, but with the crossbow it happened twice that i got 4 kills with the biw, one with the Chicom and a following kill again with bow but that didn't count. I pulled off 2-3 k/d games with the bow only several times but it still took me maybe 6hrs of trying all together.

I've finished all challenges for most weapons, still have the SMR, assault shield, combat knife and 3 pistols to go. Getting close to getting mastery on all weapons, but if you need a bloodthirsty with the knife only that's a tough one for sure. I think stun grenades + FFA might do the trick, time will tell.

pimmieboy

I've noticed that some camo challenges register if you get totally 5 kills in that life with the weapon you are unlocking, but with the crossbow it happened twice that i got 4 kills with the biw, one with the Chicom and a following kill again with bow but that didn't count.

i always thought you needed to make 5 kills in a row with the same weapon otherwise it wouldn't count? so if you do 4 in a row with a bow one with pdw ,you then have to do another 5 with the bow before you get the bloodthirsty medal,  or em i wrong?

Raketti

No you can only have one bloodthirsty medal per life, and that is what you get for 5 kills without dying no matter how you get the kills (excl. kills from scorestreaks which do not count). But there is somesort of a bug (or maybe intentional feature) that's worked so far for all other normal guns that require 10 bloodthirsties for the skull camo, you can lets say shoot 2 with an AR, get 1 with a claymore for example, and then 3 more with the AR and it counts in the challenge (5. kill rewards bloodthirsty medal and then you kill one more for it to count on the challenge in this case). I noticed this when i played without perks and attachments and used claymores or betties.

It doesn't really matter in which order or what excl. scorestreaks you use for the kills, as long as you get a bloodthirsty medal and 5 kills without dying with the weapon in question in that life it will count towards the camp challenges. I've also read it here on the forum that someone got theirs on the crossbow too by killing totally 6 and one of the kills was a melee kill in the middle of the streak. It didn't work for me though, and it would've helped because you could get a scavenger pack and can afford to miss a few shots with the bow.

cynicaldriver

Raketti wrote:

No you can only have one bloodthirsty medal per life, and that is what you get for 5 kills without dying no matter how you get the kills (excl. kills from scorestreaks which do not count). But there is somesort of a bug (or maybe intentional feature) that's worked so far for all other normal guns that require 10 bloodthirsties for the skull camo, you can lets say shoot 2 with an AR, get 1 with a claymore for example, and then 3 more with the AR and it counts in the challenge (5. kill rewards bloodthirsty medal and then you kill one more for it to count on the challenge in this case). I noticed this when i played without perks and attachments and used claymores or betties.

I can confirm this... It doesn't work every time though. I got credited with a few bloodthirsties on my MTAR and SCAR-H that way. It did not work on the SVU-AS though, so it's not all guns. It also did not work when I got gold on the PDW and MP7. So I think we caan chalk it up to yet another stat-tracking glitch. The extra kills came from Betties for me as well, because I prefer them to claymores for reasons I won't go into here.

JanThaMan

If you have Chaos Moshpit then go there.

I wouldn't normally tell someone to do this, but just camp in one spot where you can cover all entrance points.

E.g.

One of the houses in Nuketown, just wait 'till someone pops in, kill him. Switch spots, not switch houses.

I did mine by camping hahaha.

Im_A_Drag85

some of the quickest bloodthirsties i've gotten on every class of weapon usually happens while playing TDM during the daytime....

don't know why playing during the daytime on weekdays is so much better?

Raketti

There's more lag during peak hours, don't know why but ever since BO in 2010 i've gotten a better connection when playing during the day on a weekday compared to times when there are more people online. If i have to guess there are more parties online at high traffic times, and your chances being matched against laggers also increase.

ghamorra

Shock Charges and ambush

, take the perk for unvisaible for uavs,and map cargo take some ******* sniper out!

the_eon

The Skorpian is hands down the hardest gun so far to get 10 bloodthirstys. The lag doesnt help but this gun is so weak over distance and what with constant reloading its a nightmare. 3 more to go....

Thembones

Fast mags, Or EXT. Mags, with quickdraw or reflex sight. That gun is too easy to get bloodthristy.

Raketti

Anything that shoots full auto should be easy enough to use for getting bloodthirsties, many burstfire or single shot weapons are also relatively easy to use to get these. Snipers can be a bit tricky depending on your skill, Remington was the only truly easy shottie IMO although the OHK's was the toughest challenge for all shotties excluding the Remington, and the Executioner was a bit challenging because the range is so poor and it's quite weak.

If you are having trouble using the Scorpion you are not playing smart and using it's strenghts, it kills so fast and as most maps suite SMG's you shouldn't have any issues. SMG's are by far the easiest weapons to use in this game.

Adinozzo

I played 10 games on nuketown and i camp in one of the houses 6 times 1 kill short :(  and thanks for all the usefull tips !!!

After that i played hardcore and played with my assault shield and i stayed in dark corners and when i saw one i sprint switch to my combatknife and i get back to my spot that works also

Some  good maps to do it are  slums yemen and drone

HORNSxANDxHALOS

I found that easy in the end playing demo, just go after the campers.

I wanted to get the specials diamond, but I can't seem to do the bloodthirsty for the crossbow and I'm crap with the assualt sheild, so I'll just stick to having  gold combat and ballistic knives, they're all I mostly use anyway.