1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 143 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2013 12:03 AM by DarkGalg Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 50. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    rlbl

I note a continuing, decaying trend:

MW2 and before, great games.. then here it begins:

BO1 - worst COD yet, some people went back to play MW2 and previous games

MW3 - became the worst COD yet (presumably), some people went back to play BO1 and/or previous games

BO2 - is now the worst COD yet (presumably), some people went back to play MW3 and/or previous games

The trend: Each game is better than the next. (as so described by the community/forum users old and new)

The problem: We keep buying it.

Who are the dummies: the devs shoveling (assumed) crap, or the community buying it?

(obviously not everyone can be lumped into this as some people are enjoying the game, and some have given up long ago)

• 51. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    Highwayman0226

Been pretty disappointing lately.  Honestly, my only real complaint about the game is the connectivity.  Every thing else I can adapt to and have fun. 

• 52. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

I note a continuing, decaying trend:

MW2 and before, great games.. then here it begins:

BO1 - worst COD yet, some people went back to play MW2 and previous games

MW3 - became the worst COD yet (presumably), some people went back to play BO1 and/or previous games

BO2 - is now the worst COD yet (presumably), some people went back to play MW3 and/or previous games

The trend: Each game is better than the next. (as so described by the community/forum users old and new)

The problem: We keep buying it.

Who are the dummies: the devs shoveling (assumed) crap, or the community buying it?

(obviously not everyone can be lumped into this as some people are enjoying the game, and some have given up long ago)

RL speaks the truth, each games predecessor is accused of being worse and so forth. Yet sales of such "worse" games ever are still on the rise.

Is their marketing that good? Yes

• 53. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    Splarg

I do agree with you Supersayia. I've played the COD series since it came out on the PC and was in love with it, but It seems that this is a mockery of the Call of Duty franchize. There are a lot of problems with this game, and it is hardly worth the trouble of playing it. I was disappointed with Modern Warfare 3 because I felt that it was the same game, but after playing this COD, I'm begging for more from infinity ward. I don't know how this is the 'best Call of Duty Yet'.
    There are so many issues when playing on the PS3 that it is almost a danger to your console just inserting the game, maybe the system knows just how bad it is...
    This game causes your system to freeze and can corrupt data.
    Online connectivity is shotty, causing random lag spikes, players appearing elsewhere, shots not being registered, and so on.
    Then once you get past all of this garbage, there is the actual gameplay, the thing you purchased the game for...
    The online maps are designed poorly, they feel very small, and are pretty much 100% symmetrical, aside from a few minor alterations on each side. The design of the map makes the entire game feel like you're fighting in lanes, not an open battlefield. It really can make it more of a game of tower defense, or a choke point battle.
    The spawn points have been an issue on pretty much every call of duty, this one really does take the cake though. Players will end up being spawned in front of the other team's line of sight, and instantly killed, or spawn behind the enemy team and free to take down a few of them as they run by. The combination of the smaller maps and these spawn points make the game a complete clusterf**k of mayhem.
    The weapons in this game have some problems with recoil, range, firepower, and rate of fire. This is mainly directed at snipers and SMGs. Snipers have very little recoil, so it really becomes a flurry of 1 shot kills when people use a semi automatic sniper... This game has taken precision away from sniping. SMGs have an unbelievable rate of fire, incredible range, and the hipfire capability has me baffled. Most Assault Rifle fire seems fairly weak compared to other weapons in the game, I'll end up blowing half a clip before I see people go down, then again it may be bad hit detection or lag. LMGs have no place in this gameplay, the pull up time is far too slow, the rate of fire and power is just like an assault rifle, and it makes a character move too slow, it just isn't worth anybody's time to run around with one of those the way the game has been designed. Crossbow explosive damage isn't strong enough, if you don't hit a player directly, it will not kill.
    The melee attack does not work 80% of the time, trying to knife a player is usually a death sentence, since the player will normally miss which allows the enemy to quickly 180, hipfire spray you down with their SMG, and be on their merry way.

I realize that these problems are probably induced by the community. People complained about quickscoping being taken out, so they 'fixed' that. People complained about the melee range, so they 'fixed' that.

I find nothing really wrong with the scorestreaks, but I know that almost everybody uses a UAV because of the short life expectancy of each player, which makes it extremely annoying.
    The removal of deathstreaks is a good plus though.

The perks are not my favorite, Ghost only works while moving, using a scorestreak, or disarming a bomb, which further signifies that this game is only for people who rush in. Flak Jacket should provide some extra protection against explosions, but it goes a little too far in this game.
    Footsteps are inaudible in this game, that is not good.

The way this game's maps are laid out, the extreme dominance of SMGs, the fact that the ghost perk only works while moving, the incredible accuracy of hipfire, and the reduction of footstep noise really shows that the producers caved in to the demands for something easy to pick up for the casual gamer.

I feel as if the producers are ignoring the community that has been here from the start of the franchise and only catering to the newer, larger, growing part of the community, making this a game that should not even be called a "Call of Duty".

I am sorry for the incredibly long post, but I felt I needed to put this out there.

• 54. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    TeamKillerMAC

Nope. MW3 is the worst one.

• 55. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    kurupt21

correctiong teamkillermac these past few cod games and predicting the next cod game they all suck and will continue to suck because activsion wants more money and hype for their products and will do anything which means firing game developers, pushing them into doing a lot stuff that should'nt be on there i mean they are one of the worst yet. with the firing on radical entertainment (makers of the prototype series) and many other game publishers such as the one for scarface they are most likley going to fire treyarch blaming them for the sales of their games not going up when its really they have a lot of time and a lot of resources but they just want to rush through **** just to get their pay and rip us off and keep us buying their ****.

• 56. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?

MW3 is the worst cod

truth be spoken

• 57. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    Raketti

MW3 is the worst one. Even with all the problems, BO2 is still better than MW3, and atleast some the issues will be patched eventually. Unfortunately the connectivity (matchmaking/lag) issues will remain there, if the devs on either team would know how to fix the issues, they would've fixed BO and MW3 which did not happen. Without lag issues BO2 would be one the best if not the best CoD in my opinion, it all kind of depends how you look at it.

• 58. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    ChestSplittah

They won't fire Treyarch. They are the prop up developer to the series. They do as they're told and do it well. "Make the game easy, and accessible to the weakling, give the non prestiger a little umph so he/she may feel the need to keep going, make the guns fire from the hip with precision, oh, and make the maps call for that, put attachments in the game that do the work of attempting to kill someone.. you know increase accuracy when hipfiring, and locking on to people and notifying them when they have aimed in a general direction... Now go and do it boy.. bring Papa dat monaay".

Sums that up pretty quick. Nothing to brag about for real on this game. I don't say that it is the weakest, it is in the same dirty, streak ridden bowl as Black Ops, MW3. Treyarch is the lead Development Studio after the break in, hacking of IW. They murdered a quality Development Studio because those guys had panache, integrity. You can't lead people like that, you follow their needs and advice.

• 59. Re: Black ops 2 is the worst call of duty yet ?
    bagsta69

The games does get worse each release and we buy into the whole "we've fixed it crap"

The latest version of this game is simply down to connection. I'm sorry but it is.

Last night I was 24 - 0 and similar on every game, I should have died so many times bit I didn't .

Tonight, I'm putting full clips in peeps to no avail.

Connection ops 2

So sad because if they removed all the theatre crap and other shite it would probably run well,

But hey wtf do I know.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next