1 2 3 4 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 2:27 PM by shire_ninja Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    Bielsalmighty

I cant believe dippy kids still play Dom for kills 'Becuz it lasts longa hurr durr' *facepalm* Kill Confirmed lasts longer than Dom in my experience. Its a shame, because I'd welcome a few more idiots to help me get my killstreaks

• 11. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    thetizzleguy

Like i have said in previous threads... Take KDR away from EVERY objective based game mode (leaving TDM and FFA) (all other modes your kills do not count towards your KDR) and the problem might get better..

I mainly party up now because of this reason..

Cant stand kill whoring, KDR camping kids/no lifes that completely ignore the objective...

Al these youtube vids out there where players have 100+ kills and all that jazz.... why are there NO winning montages or vids about playing the objective?

Oh right i forgot Activition would lose 45% profit if this took away KDR from this game..

• 12. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    bawi

I'm a firm believer that this is a problem because of Scorestreaks. It's the same reason people quit so much. Every time someone ditches the game, it's usually: "Damn, they got a VSat... What and now dogs too? Come on, let's back out."

I don't remember this happening in the first Black Ops as much as it is now. There were 15 killstreaks to choose between, and they were pretty easy to take out. Hell, there's not even any SAM turrets anymore. It just felt more gun on gun to me. You couldn't rely as heavily on killstreaks to do the work with as you can now.

MW (still considered the best by many) had 3 killstreasks, MW2 had 15 killsteaks, MW3 had 3 tiers of killstreaks and might just be the worst.

Black Ops had 15 killstreaks. All of which were pretty easy to destroy, and not too hard to get. The highest ones simply going for 11 kills.

Maybe i'm just thinking about this too much, but each game just seems to get more killstreak/pointstreak/scorestreak heavy, and I think that's causing more problems than they're worth.

• 13. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

I am with you on this. K/D ratio should be taken out of objective gamemodes, keep it objectives only, caps, defends, score per minute only.

• 14. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!

I WILL NEVER PLAY THE OBJECTIVE!

You don't buy my game....I'll play however I want.

• 15. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    zingaa

I'd like to see the scorestreaks in objective modes filtered out. Keep maybe guardian, sentry and maybe a few others, but get rid of dogs, vsats etc..It's giving players incentive to not play objective..

Basically like this guy
    http://community.callofduty.com/message/413959197#413959197

• 16. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    DockerBoy

Played Dom. for 2 years on Blops1. It was my Friday night ritual and I played with a heap of people who ended up on my FL. They've left Blops2 already. All of them. It was the only game-mode I liked but they've ruined it completely. They should change the name to "KillFarm" 'cause that's all it is now. Can't be saved with patching,in my view, as the maps are just too small.

• 17. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    zingaa

DockerBoy wrote:

Played Dom. for 2 years on Blops1. It was my Friday night ritual and I played with a heap of people who ended up on my FL. They've left Blops2 already. All of them. It was the only game-mode I liked but they've ruined it completely. They should change the name to "KillFarm" 'cause that's all it is now. Can't be saved with patching,in my view, as the maps are just too small.

Domination used to be my only game mode, now I barely play it unless I'm with more then three "friends", they've messed it all up..

• 18. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    Hopdevil96

All I play is dom. Started with MW2 then BO and MW3.

Did not catch the fact that the kills are now worth 100pts. That would explain all of the kill whores with no caps. When solo, I am more angry at my own team mates rather than the enemy.  When in a party, i dont chat. Just call out and listen. All of my team mates are frustrated as well. "I don't get it, I shot him six times in the face then he shot me with a pistol."  Too much anger and its taking the fun out of the game. We now have to leave someone behind to camp our house so we dont get spawn trapped. Hijacked is just rediculous. I use to love that map, now I hate it. Standoff, Slums and Raid are the only fun maps any more. Sad....

• 19. Re: Please Play the Objective!!!
    xmrythem

if in dom, my team gets 1 cap (main flag), and only 1 cap middle, and holds you the entire game at your flag, that IS playing the objective. You're just getting beat.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next