11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 8:10 AM by docjonez420 RSS

Claymores don't lag...

Jackal235

It's something I've observed since MW3 and now in BO2, happens almost every time.

Ok, so each time I set a claymore and I'm looking at it expecting enemy, I can see explossion, scoring the XP, however I don't see anybody in there.

Other time, I can see the blast, so I know someone went through, again not seeing anybody, just to be killed shortly after by basically invisible enemy.

The question is: how the info about enemy's position is picked up by claymores before they even appear on my screan?

• Re: Claymores don't lag...
    WolfRidge

Trigger delay? Engineer perk

rlbl

Because from the host/server side, they were there.  The information about them being there has not reached you yet.

Think of it like a gun shot from across an open field.

If you are far away enough you can see the gun being fired, but you only hear the shot after a split second.  In this analogy, the gun shot being fired is the host side, and you (the client) are only notified of the shot after the sound (packets) travel to you.  It is the difference in time between what happened, and when you get the effects...

Not an accurate analogy, but it serves its purpose.

Jackal235

rlbl wrote:

Because from the host/server side, they were there.  The information about them being there has not reached you yet.

Ok, so the host knows about my claymore, sees the guy on it, BOOM, then the host immediately sends me the blast info, why not to show mw the guy in it, since the data about both was on host server?

ghamorra

Lag can work in mysterious ways

Jackal235

It looks like the host delays some info on purpose, (lag comp at work) while some data travel without delay.

ghamorra

Jackal235 wrote:

It looks like the host delays some info on purpose, (lag comp at work) while some data travel without delay.

that's not lag comp

Jackal235

ghamorra wrote:

Jackal235 wrote:

that's not lag comp

You explain nothing with your response-Pointless

msharpblue4d

I think the claymore data falls into the same category as some of the other issues. Having someones character position data and gunfire arriving at the same time.

I can't count how many times I've come around one corner, and another player is coming around another in front of me. Their visual data and the bullet data arrive at the same time, and bam instant death. Then you see the kill cam, and see that they were around the corner long enough to stop, ads and fire three rounds, while I did nothing.

Of course there are those that will jump in and say that kill cams aren't accurate and are for entertainment only... Lol. Except that killcams tell the story better than it took place in real time. Why can't they just make the real time game play the way killcams work? Guess that would be like making a plane out of a black box...

TRU11

well this is what i notice.

sometimes its engineer perk which makes sense.

sometimes they have a flakjacket which makes sense.

sometimes they probaly had the luck of timing when sprinting with extreme conditioning but im not sure if that is supposed to happy.

often its just lag lol.

i think i died more by my betty or claymore rather then i killed someone with them.

often i see someone walk through them and i then panick and start firing in the gun fight with either me killing the person and die by my equipment or we both die by it,

at least it seems they solved the thropy system killing the person who put it there lol.

docjonez420

how about doing away with the kill cam and emblem maker from the personal game mode,and just use the kill cam and theater mode on their end so they can watch games all day ,its really not necessary for users to have this ,yea its nice but it doesnt work right,just take it away and the kill cam wastes time in my opinion i dont care what it looked like before i died,it was probally from the person who spawned behind me or the invisible guy who magically showed up on the screen to the side of me, As far as the emblem maker yea its nice but honestly i dont care for it . i wouldnt miss it or miss seeing kids making horrible, stupid and and derogatory emblems because they have a mind of a 5 year old