1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 4:40 AM by adw1983 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    Dyn4mics

More than likely, the reason Vaan says he doesn't see lag because this is just the way the game runs, and we are supposed to deal with it like he does.

• 61. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    maccabi

Ss78_ wrote:

That's a bit harsh. While I suffered the wrath of virgin media in the past myself they put a lot of effort into fixing their mistake during my time with them on black ops. They added the bridge mode to eliminate the superdud, sent out engineers to peoples houses to check while people were playing, adjusted their traffic shaping to fix cod traffic(albeit not quickly enough), let people try out beta firmware on the superdud that were active on the forum and had more communication on the subject than 3arc do now.

You know yourself the state of the network they use and the giant task of getting it all up to date and stable was never going to happen overnight.

yet they still have firmware issues with the new superhub that causes dropped packets. the wifi on it doesnt work well, the issue with leaving ip flooding switched on..

Yes virgin are alot better than they were, but they still are one of the worst isps for gamers

• 62. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    Stumperud78

Kensi wrote:

He's "investigating".... don't know what there is to investigate I mean this has been an apparent issue for awhile. I don't really see anything getting done about it. Its just something that people gotta adjust to. Yeah it sucks and yeah we shouldn't have to play a bugged out game that we paid money for but thats just the way it is. I'm no coder or developer of any sorts but I believe the best course of action would have been to take out all the extra BS such as theater mode, facebook, youtube, twitter, elite, etc.and that seem unlikely so..... enjoy Call of Duty: Broken Ops 2.

The best course of action would be to give us dedicated server hosting,  as well as implementing a server browser ingame (Kinda helps to avoid connecting to US/JAP/AFR/etc players if you're from the EU) so we can search by location to get the best connection possible.

THAT would make the game not just fun to play but it would raise the competitiveness of the game to new levels.

• 63. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    Ss78_

The packet loss  is that stll going to happen in bridge mode? I'd advise anyone using virgin media to hop over to thinkbroadband and use the line quality monitor and monitor their connection. Done me the world of good to get them to sort my connection out and then stop using the superdud.

While it's your job to tell everyone it might be their isp and keep an open mind it's just as relevant to say no matter what isp your using it might be the game.

• 64. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    asianman12

Sorry but thats not going to happen. It's been discussed countless times that we won't be getting dedi's.

• 65. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    D4nth3m4n

Have to agree with this statement. It "might" be Virgin or your ISP causing these issues but then again its not just one person complaining about host disadvantage, its people on virtually every isp. I personally believe that its the game at fault.

My internet worked fine for MW3 and Blops 1 (after they fixed the problem host problem). Stick in BLOPS2 and its 50 - 50 wether youre going to get a half decent game. Suddenly we hear buffer bloat being thrown about as our equipment is susddenly incompetent enough to run an online game properly. Or perhaps our internet isnt setup properly despite other cod titles and other series working fine..

If this connection isnt good enough to play a half decent game of COD I/we might aswell give up trying now:

[url=http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/3941417f378ea62afcd684fe6668da2e.html][img]http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share-thumb/3941417f378ea62afcd684fe6668da2e. png[/img][/url]

I dont know how to post the graph to show up directly, if anyone does let me know.

• 66. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    Ss78_

You just need to select the wee camera next to the film reel when posting and maybe also select from  the web and then paste the link.

Not much wrong with that connection imo.

Edit. Scratch that I just noticed it was a link, if there's an img/png link on thinkbroadband just use that to post images on forums. Been a while since I used that site though.

• 67. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    SitRepPro

maccabi wrote:

Ss78_ wrote:

That's a bit harsh. While I suffered the wrath of virgin media in the past myself they put a lot of effort into fixing their mistake during my time with them on black ops. They added the bridge mode to eliminate the superdud, sent out engineers to peoples houses to check while people were playing, adjusted their traffic shaping to fix cod traffic(albeit not quickly enough), let people try out beta firmware on the superdud that were active on the forum and had more communication on the subject than 3arc do now.

You know yourself the state of the network they use and the giant task of getting it all up to date and stable was never going to happen overnight.

yet they still have firmware issues with the new superhub that causes dropped packets. the wifi on it doesnt work well, the issue with leaving ip flooding switched on..

Yes virgin are alot better than they were, but they still are one of the worst isps for gamers

Can you recommend me a decent British ISP for gaming please.  My legally required length for VM is up and I'm long overdue cancelling it.

• 68. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    highlandsparky

SitRepPro wrote:

Can you recommend me a decent British ISP for gaming please.  My legally required length for VM is up and I'm long overdue cancelling it.

I'm no expert on ISP's but I've had no major problems with BT...Although I'd possibly purchase a gaming router if you can, rather than the one they send you.

I have friends that have tried TalkTalk, Virgin and such and have all since gone back to BT...

• 69. Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues
    SitRepPro

I use a D-Link 615.  I'm just curious as to a good gaming ISP because I've seen people have had issues with BT too.  I never gamed online when I was with BT though.  I used to have Be while I lived out during university but I never played COD while I was there.  Only had my Xbox for my final year really and my housemate played on it more than I did.  My rep sure took a beating while he played on FIFA.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next