17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 10:06 AM by TheePamino RSS

Sigh.... Playing solo .

So here is the deal , im usually playing in a party with firends and the game is great but sometimes i have to play solo simply becous we all have kids and familys so we are not always able to play cod at the same time .... and its just impossible , i dont get it i usually play dom and why in the holy mother of f***k does 80 % of the guys in my team camp their own spawn every single match. I mean what are they trying to accomplish? Do they want to get spawn trapped ? And thats the thing about BO2 no one seems to care if they win or lose , i can be in lobbys where we just got destroyed and some f***ing kid in my team sits and brag about his awsome kd ..... who cares about kd when u just lost ? This community is driving me crazy so im just going to stop play solo .... sigh .

• Re: Sigh.... Playing solo .
    Highwayman0226

All people seem to care about is KD.  They should stick to TDM and KC if they aren't going to play the objective.

Exactly .. Why play Domination when your never go for the objektive ..

Out

Highwayman0226 wrote:

All people seem to care about is KD.  They should stick to TDM and KC if they aren't going to play the objective.

no cut the modes back to TDM or FFA   because KC has an objective other than killing ......collecting the tags ......I despise players who kill but never collect tags..........i played seveal games with and against a player who did good in the killing dept.....but never tryed to  collect the  tags  (kills or denies)

It's actually very stupid for them not to collect the tags, even if they're just going for KD, because those tags can add up to scorestreaks very quickly, which can give you a monster KD by the end of the match.  So yeah, I want to slap the people who don't go for tags, because it makes no sense whatsoever.  The only thing I can figure is that they are just trying to make the match last longer.  Or they have no brain.  One or the other.

the slim reaper

I feel ya buddy. I end up having to mute everyone 99% of the time because they're squealing about their 2nd bloodthirsty medal of the match or blarring Lil Wayne in the background...and we're losing 100-50 at the switch.

TheePamino

Playing solo has become such a laborious task. I'm a better than average player, capable of influencing the end result all by myself at times, but those 'times' are seemingly becoming more and more sparse. I do not feel as though my overall performance level has dropped, more that I am being teamed with some of the lousiest players the CoD community has to offer.

If I'm not joining a match mid-game that is all but over in terms of the respective scores of the two sides, then I am being placed with players who end up with laughable scores of 5-20 (Kills). I wouldn't care one bit if they contributed with the objective, but they're absolutely clueless. Yet it's like a cycle; when one idiot leaves my team, another one fills the vacant void.

I have only just returned to Core modes; with Hardcore there seems to be less team bias in terms of match-matchmaking. Plus it is far more frequent to join the winning team than the one trailing due to friendly fire. I'm not saying I'd like to join the winning team more often when it comes to joining mid-game, but it would make for a pleasant change from constantly joining one where the score is so lop-sided whilst having to withstand a barrage of scorestreaks upon entering the fray.

Anyway, playing in a group is definitely the way to go so if anyone is looking for spare cog, I have my uses. My PSN is Pamino. KR: 2.28. WR: 1.26. SPM: 289.

I should add that I am looking for hard-working individuals. Preferably those who can make kills and contribute to the objective. Willing to play pretty much any mode, though.

I will add you when PSN is back up, though my stats are not quite as nice.. somewhere around 1.3 kdr.  But.. I am often playing in random groups and going for challenges that hurt my kdr so it might be in the 1.5 - 2.0 range without that.  Either way, playing with me should be much better than playing with random groups.  I go for objectives and often influence the end result as well.  I also play any and every game mode.

TheePamino

I'll accept the friend request the next time I am on, which is most evenings. See if we can cause some carnage.

All I really want is savvy players by my side, not those running round like headless chickens. If we lose, so be it - but I want to at least go down valiantly. Heck, half my team-mates end up rage quitting anyway, so just sticking around would be a major improvement on the dross I am usually teamed with.

phxs72

It's the trouble with playing solo.  You never know what you are going to get for teamates.  Sometimes you will get a team that plays the objective and other times you get nothing but wannabe superstars that just want to get trickshots for some montage.  The only advice that I can give you is to learn quickly which kind of team you have and adjust accordingly.  I usually will stay in the match either way but if I'm not getting any help then I just go for kills and level up my guns.  More often than not these nonobjective guys need someone to distract the enemy by going for the flag to get the kills they are looking for and by me choosing to not be that distraction, they end up backing out.  Sure I'll end up taking a loss.  But this way I get to stay in the lobby that I have a good connection to and at least have a shot at getting some decent players on my team for the next match.

ghamorra

Yesterday I played a match against a team who's bottom two players went 1-28 and 0-39 in KC. They were truely awful and we had a VSAT up in the air most of the match. It doesn't matter the game mode. If you're a random and you're on that team what are you going to do against those kind of odds?

Harv72

I play solo pretty much every game.  Ground War tends to help (more players on your team = more people trying to play the objective in Dom/KC matches), plus of course being able to identify when you're in a good vs. bad lobby quickly.  Mostly, though, it's just accepting that the statistics side of the game doesn't really mean much, and that you're going to lose a larger number of matches overall than you would when playing with a party.

It still stings when I lose a match I could've won had even one more person been helping with the objective, but that's just life.

TheePamino

I don't mind Ground War so much, only because the law of averages tend to dictate that at least one or two half-decent players will end up on your team. Problem is, end up playing too much TDM and KC instead of other modes, like Hard Point or Demolition. Not enough variety for me.

sennalike

I play solo all the time and nearly always domination.  I sigh every time the match starts and half the team dont even bother capturing the frst flag, they prefer to run off to some camping spot. 

I would say I am average at the game, I'm 43 so my reflexes aren't as quick as the kids who play.  But I try to out smart them with strategic play.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Largely it boils down to the lag and lag compensation, but my team mates also have a big influence.  I nearly always end up with most caps or level with the highest, whether we win or lose.  I've lost count how many times I've heard someone say to their friend "How come he beat me [score] but I got twice as many kills?" and his friend says "because he capped flags and you didn't."

I appreciate that Treyarch have tried to make it beneficial to play the objective, but in my experience it hasn't gone far enough.  I'd like to see no points for kills, other than if being "aggressive" or "defending".  They can have a minimal amount of XP for them but they shouldn't help towards getting score streaks.  I also think they should not count at all towards your overall KDR, only TDM and FFA should.  I'm sure many would disagree, well dont worry they wont go that far, it's just my opinion.

TheePamino

I agree with you to a point, although the changes you propose are probably too drastic, especially kills not registering, whether that be towards a Scorestreak or on your Combat Record.

Thing is, kills made while capturing an objective, defending an objective or holding an objective carry a higher score reward than those performed elsewhere on the map. So the incentive is there. A decent player using Hardline could blitz their way to a useful scorestreak under the current score system. Some, however, are more interested in their kill ratios to care.