40 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 6:11 AM by DaCleric RSS

0.94 K/D  am i really that bad?

clarkygtr

reason i ask this is because i have had many messages from people calling me a booster (i am prestige master) even tho i spend most of my time using classes , weapons , equiptment i dont like just to complete the challenges.

is it wrong to do this , i often find the people who send me these messages have a K/D of about 2.00 even tho they use PDW, REMINGTON, MSCS, MP7, ect whith i find pretty bad considering i quite often get a 5.00 K/D when using those weapons.

so just wondered if this happens much to anyone else....

• Re: 0.94 K/D  am i really that bad?
    nicedrewishfela

Are you having fun? Then it doesn't matter.

Do you Play the Objective and win more than you lose? Then it doesn't matter.

gallp13

Have fun

Don't cheat. 

Ignore idiots.

0.94 is good if your are happy with it....

iivrruummii

I got called out for spawn trapping on Hijacked today in CTF.  We won the first round in 2 minutes so we ran out the clock in the second after we captured 2 flags. 

Message read, "Quit abusing game machanics."  LOL.

spanky'smonkey

for an objective player that is a fine K/D. i play TDM and get trashed on because of my higher stats. funny thing is when we get the 2+ guys they bail when they get owned. I play to win and in TDM that means I should not be dying more often then I need to...you can't win every gunfight.

Don't look at your K/D as long you have fun. Trust me, many people have only a high K/D because they dashboard as soon they go negative to protecting their stats. What matters is how you play the game, not which stats you have.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Don't worry, my k/d is like .78 and I play all the different game modes and when I am sitting a top the lobby leaderboard because I made my kills and captures count, then my .78 kdr doesn't bother me so much.

TheHive-Grandad

K/D is a very poor indication of how good a player you are. The sooner the COD community gets over this fact the better the playing experience will be for everyone.

Poor indicator indeed. What should matter is the W/L ratio but since its so bad calculated and the fact that a solo player can not win every match with a team full of randoms thats why so many people focus their skill level on K/D because its the one stat that can not be affected by random team mates.

Gunzby

True, but it can be deeply affected by random connections.

TheHive-Grandad

W/L is a better indicator but SPM is the best overall indication of the players ability. It has its flaws because it can be manipulated (dashboarding) but if I see a player who has a 0.98 K/D but a SPM in Dom of 400+ I know he is going to be on those flags and making the win tough.

A solo player can still maintain a very good SPM, more so than a clan player. Games are harder so flags change hands more often. My highest scoring games in Dom have been when going solo, sure it's tough and frustrating but think of the points not the K/D.

I agree again.

I find that stats are more a overview how the players playstyle is than how good the person is. You made a good example with combining K/D and SPM. I take Kill Confirmed as a example, if a player has more confirms than kills than it should me that he runs a lot, while a player with many denies is willing to win the match. A stat alone doesn't mean anything, it becomes interesting when combine multiple stats.

But after all, fun should be the number one priority.

highlandsparky

Give them their message of glory....they possibly have not much else going for them in life, when K/D in a game matters so much :-)

Gunzby

Considering the connection issues .94 isn't bad at all regardless of what you're doing. I'm going for diamond shotguns so I'm taking a hit when I use em on every map.

clarkygtr wrote:

reason i ask this is because i have had many messages from people calling me a booster (i am prestige master) even tho i spend most of my time using classes , weapons , equiptment i dont like just to complete the challenges.

is it wrong to do this , i often find the people who send me these messages have a K/D of about 2.00 even tho they use PDW, REMINGTON, MSCS, MP7, ect whith i find pretty bad considering i quite often get a 5.00 K/D when using those weapons.

so just wondered if this happens much to anyone else....

Don't worry about sore losers Man, .94 is about average considering there is a death for every kill and a kill for every death other than suicides.

So long as you are playing legit, using a variety of weapons, PTFO, and enjoying yourself, then give them a big fat LOL when they message you.

im sorry but you really are under average , even if you play the obj

I think you should stop using KD as the measurement of whether you are good or bad. Like you say if you end up in the top 3 most games, cap objectives and in general work towards winning then you are doing just fine.

I got hung up with KD but realistically it doesn't matter. In fact my KD has dropped significantly below what it was in MW3 but I enjoy the way i play now more than ever.

I've gone massively negative sometimes in DOM games but been at the top and won matches simply by capping and preventing enemies taking objectives.

tommyguns3434

I have had a plenty of games going 15/25, but be on the top of the leaderboard at the end of the game because of my SPM.  Mostly because of caps and defends.   I love when I hear their whole team is negitive how are we loosing!!!  

I had a match with killwhores on my team and none of them have played the objective, all of them went 40-10 and we still lost because no one of them have helped me capturing points, i was the only one who captured points, it was so embarassing. The opposing team won while most of them were double negative. Most embarassing match i've played in Domination.

Yeah i know this is really frustrating. When we set up to play and we have at least 4 of us we do nominate one person to try and get the higher kill streaks by concentrating on defence rather than capping. This does end up helping us if we are struggling to cap and objective. If we have any less than that we usually just run each dom point and cap it.

TheSurgeon83

It's nice to come across another master who doesn't sweat non stop with easy guns. I'm going for all weapon calling cards, got to get the Ballista, Dragunov and shield to max level and do the Tac 45 and Five Seven then I'm done.

I get slated in lobbies for not being top of the board all the time, but holding a 1.50 K/D, SPM and respectable W/L considering the weapons I've done is good going imo.

As some have said, playing objectively and winning is more important than K/D, SPM also says a lot abut how someone plays. Low SPM & High K/D = non objective playing camper. Most people I see with a 2.00+ K/D have around a 0.75 W/L. I wouldn't want them on my team.

phxs72

Actually for what you are trying to do 0.94 isn't bad at all.  I'm doing pretty much the same thing and I'm running around a 1.10.  I know I could do better but I'm working on gold guns and I've been sticking with guns that I probably shouldn't be using in certain situations just to level them up.  I also play the objective like a gold medal champ most games and we all know that will get you killed.  As the hate mail goes, I'm about 4 or 5 levels away from hitting prestige master so right now I'm getting a good bit of respect but I'm sure that will change.  I wouldn't worry about it though anymore than you worry about it when you get thumped by a bad connection or just because you stuck with a certain gun to get that 150 no perk/no attachment challenge knocked out.  You are playing for your own enjoyment and don't owe anybody any explainations.  If they don't have enough sense to see that you're legit then there's no hope for them but you'll be just fine.

ghostsniper2010

blops 1 0.86 mw3 0.96 im 15th on blops 1 and 15th on mw3 on blops 2 my k/d is 1.11 was 1.19 but for some reason no matter what i do it wont go up its 1.10 now LOL K/D does not matter i wish they would take it out if i am honest

Honestly I've never liked k/d ratio, I wish call of duty would just get rid of the stat altogether. simply because a lot of people like to be unsporting about it and just straight up asses about it. It would also make kill whoring game modes like demolition a lot funner because people would be more focused on the objective than boosting their K/D.

You're fine. In my COD experience most people with a 2+ KD are campers more or less. They initially get out to a great start when they start playing and then to maintain their precious KD they start to camp hardcore.

I know not everyone with a high KD does this, but I have seen this play out time and time again to where it can't be an isolated incident.

js

poppirt

I have an awful k/d, so I almost always play objective based games. I have fun and play with my son. We probally suck, but enjoy it. I focus on caps and defends. If I feel I can't help my team I leave the lobby after the match. I had a game the other night where I went 15-20 but was top on are leader board and won. The other team had a bunch of 40-50+ kills but lost. They never went for the caps. Play how you enjoy it. It is a game. I only get angry when my team doesn't even try for the objective. I personally rather play with you then some k/d whore playing a half mile from the objective

I like to look at my stats as a reference to see if I've improved...

But COD stats can't be taken seriously on a competitive level. There are too many factors that ruin them such as lag.

Anyone who brags about their stats is obviously an immature loser with nothing else in their life. They probably corner camp nonstop just so they can feel like they have some self worth. Take pitty on them.

i wouldnt care if your a.9 kd as long as your cappin flags, but if your just dieing and losing, id get mad

Garyfromscotland

aslong as you have having fun, who care about stats? you bought the game, play how you want to.

dweez1988

I am prestige 7 lvl 40? or something.

Have a K/D of 1.03! Like a boss! hahaha.

Don't worry about it. I always play objective and even my W/L is 0.80

It does'nt matter what people say about stuff like that. I want to have as much fun as I can.

I use fun classes like combat knife only and 2 tomahawks so I die well a lot. But most of the time I can even the score out and grab at least 5 flags.

This morning my team lost a match while I was going 23/21 with 7 captures. It does'nt mean a thing.

Ram__01

First, you're playing the Xbox is very poor, and to thy kd do not bother d8u playing xbox you are all that bad.

Scorr

Who even cares? Just have fun and forget about the numbers.