15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 10:34 AM by rootdawg RSS

Should Hip firing be a perk?

BMooch1

Great question yes I know but I had gone back and play some WaW and COD4 (which everyone is tubing all game) but I notice when I originally played those games you almost had to "aim" to get a kill.  I know a ton of people hip fire but it was just a topic I wanted to bring up and here some thoughts.

• Re: Should Hip firing be a perk?

no i dont think it should be a perk.. per say, but i do think it needs to be very inaccurate.. more so than it is now

BMooch1

I agree that it's way to accurate for sure

CowboySr

Hit marker gets larger for ever year the avg age gets lower.

I like it how it is.

Should going prone be one as well? Perhaps Halo Jumping as well? Perhaps...

here is the reasonw hy i think it should be more inaccurate

its mostly done by smg users

who complain about things like Target finders and shotguns etc

but yet they will hipfire spray and prey, dropshot jump shot..etc. and thats totally legit, and pro status right? lol

rankismet

Yeah... because you can't have a laser sight on an AR with target finder...

... oh, wait...

... you can.

Well, so much for that whine.

i dont really recall whinning, i was actually talking about the smg whinners

and of course you can add a lazer sight to a AR

but 9 times out of 10 whos gonna win a CQB..  an AR or an SMG both with lazer sight on? your smart right? you can figure it out

so much for your logic 

rankismet

Err0r_6_ wrote:

but 9 times out of 10 whos gonna win a CQB..  an AR or an SMG both with lazer sight on? your smart right? you can figure it out

so much for your logic 

1. I was being funny over my post as the start of a whine. No need to walk around with a chip on your shoulder looking to feel butthurt.

2. Ever try using an AR as SMG? I'm going to bet. "No." Or you would know that it's possible.

Use the this:

SWAT, laser sight, select fire, stock

LW, HL

Scavenger

P1 greed, Primary Gun fighter

EMP

And watch just how well you do against anything. Range and power of an AR with the speed and CQB of an SMG.

So, yeah... I am smart.

maccabi

Err0r_6_ wrote:

so much for your logic 

i just finished getting the smr to gold in hc, i always hip fire, win most of my 1-1 encounters with smgs too

might also mention the smr was on single fire.. so erm yeah

It makes more sense being an attachment, as thats what a laser sight helps with; fact is that Treyarch did a good job seperating things that affect the weapon to what affects the player, and this is what it should have always been.

I think it works better as an attachment than a perk. But i do think that the accuracy and the effectiveness of hipfiring in this game is terribly to good. 

hairybubba1963

I think it's fine as is. I think BO2 is pretty balanced overall despite the lag/hit detection problem.

I have no problem raping with any class of guns when I get a good lobby/host.

If they do anyhing it needs to be toned down a bit.. attachment..perk whatever. Maybe its just me but it seems a bit ridiculous. Just my opinion. Skill. .haha what a joke.