27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 9:05 AM by blackfalc7n RSS

Not playing the objective

CraigEtches

Is it just me who finds it really annoying when your playing Domination and you et people just sitting there and camping and not even bothering to capture flags its even more annoying when there on your team> why dont they play team deathmatch if they going to do this.

• Re: Not playing the objective
    Stumperud78

CraigEtches wrote:

Is it just me who finds it really annoying when your playing Domination and you et people just sitting there and camping and not even bothering to capture flags its even more annoying when there on your team> why dont they play team deathmatch if they going to do this.

There are more than one way of doing objective games.

1: You provide cover while your team gets the objective.

2: You defend the objective and make sure the enemy doesn't get anywhere near it.

3: You defend the midfield to make sure noone gets to objective B.

I do know some don't even look in the general direction of flag A, B or C but that doesn't mean just because someone's sitting still, they're not doing anything.

Of course, if someone's sitting still on A while someone's trying to cap A, or any other flag, without even moving in to kill the attacker(s), then i agree.

In short. Domination is more than just capturing objectives. It's rather pointless if noone sits back and defend them.

The most annoying thing is the spawnflippers. You know, the guys who run straight for C/A instead of holding down A/C and B, flipping the spawn so the enemy spawn behind us on our original flag only to take it in an instant.

simonm

nope the OP is right this problem is getting worse and worse . the amount of people you see in the lobby when you look at everyones stats and they have afew thousand kills and like 100 caps . its stupid if you arent going to help your team then go play TDM

ThatIdiot

Yea, but then they can't predict where the enemy spawns...

I think in a normal domination game you should be able to get at least 4 caps. 2 times the beginning flag and 2 times the B flag. Did no one notice that capturing the first B flag gives a 500xp bonus?

SitRepPro

ThatIdiot wrote:

Yea, but then they can't predict where the enemy spawns...

It can be done on some maps for TDM, it's just the spawns are more sporadic but I kinda like it like that.  Not everyone's cup of tea but it keeps me on my toes and if I get higher end scorestreaks then I'm happy.

zingaa

Stumperud78 wrote:

CraigEtches wrote:

There are more than one way of doing objective games.

1: You provide cover while your team gets the objective.

2: You defend the objective and make sure the enemy doesn't get anywhere near it.

3: You defend the midfield to make sure noone gets to objective B.

I do know some don't even look in the general direction of flag A, B or C but that doesn't mean just because someone's sitting still, they're not doing anything.

Of course, if someone's sitting still on A while someone's trying to cap A, or any other flag, without even moving in to kill the attacker(s), then i agree.

In short. Domination is more than just capturing objectives. It's rather pointless if noone sits back and defend them.

The most annoying thing is the spawnflippers. You know, the guys who run straight for C/A instead of holding down A/C and B, flipping the spawn so the enemy spawn behind us on our original flag only to take it in an instant.

You make good points however I think you're missing the op's point. It's when players do neither cap or defend, they sit in high traffic areas waiting, trying to get k9 or orbital vsats. These players go 45-2 with zero caps and zero defends, while the rest of the team is trying to take up the slack of scrubby players that "play" this style. These types of players can kill a win, obviously I'm talking of when you're playing with randoms. I've been in hundreds of games where these types of players will lose, but they really don't care, it's all about the k/d.

Spawnflippers drive me crazy as well, from what I've seen it's usually beginner players that just don't know better.

BTW, it is worse in bo2 for whatever reason i don't know.

snorubit

I love Domination in particular and what with my hit detection/match making issues have been running solo as it is more likely that I land in a decent room than when partied up so have been playing with randoms.

Being the case, my opinion is that you need to strike a better balance. You can neither only kill or only cap. The misconception for me being that if you cap but go 5-30 you are doing your team a better service. I have found that I can both cap AND kill and much prefer playing with others who do the same.

trialstardragon

Because some people only play for kills and streaks and they are easier to get in obj games because everyone else is focused on the obj and not just killing them. Nothing that is ever done will ever change this. There is no way to ever force players to play the obj in the game ever. People will play how ever it makes them have the most fun for what they call fun. And one persons fun is not the same as eveyrone else. You want to go for the obj and the win, others do not always care about the win and never will, no matter what you think or say to them about it.

myevo8you

There IS a way. Make all kills only worth 5 points. Make defend kills 25 points and attacker kills 50 points. Make the flag captures a little more, and you get a +5 or +10 added to your point streak IF you are the one who captured the flag. Say players A,B, and C capture A flag, Say players A,D, and E capture B flag. Player A gets +10 for every 5 seconds the flag is captured, and Players B,C,D, and E get +5. This would promote BOTH attacking the other teams flag and getting rid of killwhores in objective modes. This way you would literally ahve to get around 45 kills for a UAV if you were just sitting in a corner.

Scorr

Just play with friends?

xmrythem

the point of domination is to win. Its best to hold only 2 flags, force the enemy to spawn at one point and rack up lots of kills.

when you control all 3 flags, the spawn everywhere, and you start dying from behind.

holding 2 flags and spawn raping is playing the objective.  You are being dominated and can't leave your spawn.

banned-again

ive learned there is more ways to playing the objective than just throwing yourself on a flag and feeding the other team points for their streaks ive started playing more of a support type role using either a sniper or lmg

TheHive-Grandad

I was just put in to a game that was 3 minutes in on downhill (domination), neither team had captured B flag. So after about 30 seconds of making my way to a strategic position to capture it I noticed that my whole team were camped up sniping and so were the other team.

After capturing B flag I un-muted my mic and just asked the lobby if everyone was sniping for kills in this game, no word of a lie 3 guys spoke up and said yes.

I hate leaving games but I just said fair enough and backed out.

So far as objective gameplay is concerned Treyarch have not done enough to put off the ex-TDM players from using game modes like domination to boost their KD and they haven't encouraged people to play the objective enough.

Yes I do play in a group normally, but as you all know not everyone is online at 08:00am.

I hate to complain and moan about this problem but I need to vent my anger and frustration some how. Grrrrrr

simple fix .... make the B objective worth more points to hold and cap ... more would play objectives

when i first started this game all i played was domination but now avoid it due to the non objective team mates .

TheHive-Grandad

I don't think it has anything to do with the points for capturing and defending, it has everything to do with the points for killing and the fact that the K/D statistic still applies to objective game types.

The one and only way either 3arch or IW can fix domination or any other objective based game type is to completely remove kill points that aren't objective based ie a defence or attack kill, completely remove KD stats from these game types so they no longer count towards your career KD and increased the points for objective based actions.

It is so simple, but then the MLG and youtube t*****s won't be able to get their 100+ commentaries by kill whoring so Vonderhaar won't have any boyfriends anymore.

JSlayer211

Well, it's not just about making B flag worth more points but making it worth points in increments imo. I think your points for capping a flag should be divided and applied to you as you are capping and each flag only gives you points once per life or until the flag is taken by the other team. Example, on Hardpoint you get 200 pts when you take over the HP. But you can't just run in and out getting points over and over. Same would apply to flag caps, your points would start rolling in incrementally as you cap a flag. So you may be a hair away from your next scorestreak and the flag capping starts that streak that saves your life and helps you cap the flag. Instead it's an all or nothing situation. If you fail trying to cap a flag, you get no points, no streaks, just a big death on your name. The biggest problem with flag capping is that the effort is unrewarded, only the success. So you end up seeing teammates not jump on the flag until the last second as to reduce their chances of death with you.

thetizzleguy

I HAVE SAID THIS MAY TIMES...

TAKE OUT KDR, KILLS AND DEATHS IN ALL OBJECTIVE GAME MODES WHICH LEAVES ONLY FFA AND TDM THAT EVEN RECORDS YOUR KILLS AND DEATHS...

IF THERE IS NO VISUAL KILLS AND DEATHS IN A GAME THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO CAMP AND IGNORE THE OBJECTIVE.

dweez1988

Yesterday I was in a lobby playing 6 matches with one dude having 0 captures in all 6 of them.

What the F is he doing in domination. GTFO

JSlayer211

I have said this time and time again but until they fix TDM this is what you will get. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

Also they made Domination in this game unbearable. Taking B flag is a guaranteed death sentence 9 of 10 times, and let's not even think if their team is tac inserting. Solo capping B flag takes FOREVER, so you will definitely get massacred if you are the only one on the team trying to cap the flag. All of the flags are pretty much in a straight line so everyone just meets in the middle for a showdown. You absolutely have to take B to win, that's a serious problem for Domination.

TDM doesn't allow for high scorestreaks and fun gameplays unless you go flawless you probably won't be able to call in anything substantial. So why play a game that's a flash in the pan when I have a beacon that everyone is going to run towards and give me freebie kills/high scorestreaks? TDM pts per kill and total kill count need a boost. They leave it the way it is and you will always have kill kids going for domination game mode.

MadHatter12

Being an older guy ( although my age seems the norm on these forums) I only have two buddies who play COD besides myself. Domination used to be and always was my favorite game mode. I honestly played it 80% of the time in past titles. This new game has really taken the fun out of it for multiple reasons. A lot have already been stated by other posters.

The other night we played about 12 games in a row, switching lobbies a few times. I think we won about 10 out of 12. None of us went positive KD a single time and constantly had to deal with high end enemy kill streaks. After these games the entire enemy team besides one guy had 1 or 2 Caps each. Sure their 45-10 KD ratio was good for them but I found myself feeling bad for the one guy who tried. They lost just about every game by 40-100 points. Not to mention we had a couple randoms hiding in corners, choke points, much like the entire enemy team. The problem is this has become more of the norm than the exception. The lobby is consistently filled with atleast a MINIMUM of four or five guys who play like this. Forget that " supporting the team" garbage. Its a cheap excuse to find lobbies where teams actually play the games. Which allows you to hide in corners, head glitches, and edges of the map to boost that sweet KD. Pat yourself on the back and make another Youtube video.

I have asked my friends multiple times how they can even enjoy playing when almost every game is like this. Its honestly 80% -90% this way each game during peak hours. Even later on it only reduces this style of play very little. Which is why I have found myself playing HCKC when Im playing solo. The days of the abusive camper hiding out in hardcore modes is over. I see just as many in objective based Core game modes. In order to fix this either.....

A) greatly increase the points for the B flag. while slightly raising the A/C flags. Also reducing the points for kills would help.

B) eliminating KD from all objective based game modes like many have said. Although I bet a large majority of the community would hate that. I play the objectives all the time and like the kd ratio in there personally.

C) Take the more popular objective based game modes and create lobbies/ game modes where you must average a certain amount of objective points to enter. Maybe call them DOM Pro or DEM pro. Hypothetically using DOM as an example here. In order to play in these lobbies you must average 4 or 5 captures each game. Until you do your stuck playing in the kd whore versions of these games. I bet a ton of us who play to win would enjoy these lobbies.

snorubit

Hatter, are you the one and same that used to run with Southside, Smallville, etc.? If so, good to see you again.

Regardless, I agree with your points. I am a longtime Dom player as well and love the epic battles but have not really had the same experience(s) with this title. Far too many TDM style players per round. I would support a radical reduction in kill points as well as a significant boost in cap points awarded to incent the gametype behavior which will contribute to a win.

I have had many games where I lead in caps for EVERYBODY but still lose the round due to no help. Frustrating.

MadHatter12

No not him my friend. I like that last sentence you wrote. When I did try to tough out DOM the first few months of this game I found myself in so many similar games. I'd end up on the camping team. At the end of the game we lose by a super slim margin most of the time. Usually something like 200-190. Once the stats pop up my 8 captures and 1.00 KD was thousands of points higher than my enitre team. Well except the guy who went 50-2 with zero caps who called in a bunch of bigtime scorestreaks. Everyone else had 1 or 2 captures. I find myself saying " had one of these dipsticks just grabbed one flag we probably win this game".

wash0ut

My response to games where I am the only one trying to win is to go back and forth from A to C and rack up as many capture/capture kills as possible.  Rack up points and spawn flip on the guys camping. I found when they find out they can't camp anymore, they quit and hopefully new players come in and they will play the objective. If you get enuf captures of a and c when new players jump in you might still be in it and the game might get competitive.

CowboySr

Sighs. Why do we create the same threads over and over. The bottom line is that it is frustrating when  people arent playing objectives to make their montages, but is difficult to  tell when thats the case, or if they are being defensive, or if they just suck. In a perfect world you want to have a couple guys defending the first flag and 4 hit the middle flag simultaneously.  Unfortunately most games are made up of random people who dont communicate and dont know what each other wants to do, or they suck and think running flag to flag is how to play domination.  If you dont want to play the game with a clan or 5 friends, then really you cant complain about unorganized teams playing objective games that need organization.

Thats the simple truth.

Schoat333

Depends. If you alread have A or C, and B, then I usually try to do my best to protect B.

I have been in too many games where everyone captures B, and then imediately trys to capture the third flag, leaving B vulnerable. IMO if you have two flags, you should be trying to hold onto them, and only have one or two guys trying to get the third flag.

blackfalc7n

Completely agree. I cant tell you how many times ive sat on b flag, tried capping it, thought to myself, where the hell is my team? Look at the mini map, see green pointers near me but they arent moving. Im less than a second away from capping, i die. Then i rage