1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 6:42 PM by gomez615 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: increase of camping.
    TH3_IT

It's more fun to go positive running and gunning.

I'm not at all inspired by that video....everything he is doing is common sense, very easy, and also easy to counter.  It's a whole different story when you're out on the field moving around taking on 2-3 people at once and winning....much more fun.

Not hating on  you or baiting hate...just sayin

• 21. Re: increase of camping.
    nuttin2say

Oh, you guys badly, badly, badly misunderstood me.

I don't care if someone camps or not. Go back and look at the BO1 and MW3 forums. You'll see that I have not only defended campers using that strategy, I admit that, at times, I camp myself. Hey, whatever wins the match. Right?

What I am saying is that this game was supposed to reduce the number of campers. They made the Ghost perk the most useless perk in the game. All in the name of reducing campers.

In reality, they made it easier than ever to camp.

That's all I am saying.

• 22. Re: increase of camping.
    deamonomic

at what point did they state that they were actively attempting to reduce the number of campers? people assumed thats what they were doing But i dont recall them ever stating to try.

where did they say that ghost was being nerfed only because of campers? from what I recall it got its nerf because of everyone whining about how Ghost was over powered... and still are... big surprise >.>...

the MMS scope and target finder were ways to HELP you deal with campers.

There are just as many campers in past cods as there are in this one. There are just as many camp spots/head glitches in every single cod. The problem hasnt increased in the slightest.

(honestly if you find a vid of them saying it direct me to it)

• 23. Re: increase of camping.
    Izjar11

DylanKlebold wrote:

i've never used the forums before but what is up with the increase of camping? i mean before it was bad only on the weekend but these past four days it has gone to a point where it is just sad. i've yet to get a normal game since. i'm not a terrible player so i can deal with them but what makes it sad is that these people dont even bother trying to hide. they just lay on the floor in plain sight or crouched completely still waiting for someone at spawns being oblivious to their surroundings. all the teamates and enemies that i encounter now play the game as if the objective is to spawn trap the opposing team. anyone dealing with this as well?

What I find sad is having to play alongside dudes who think similarly to you. I love this line "ive yet to get a normal game since"

What a big excuse, what is normal? Everyone running around, chasing each other around? Geez.

Wait, your having trouble with the ones who are prone? Hahaha

• 24. Re: increase of camping.
    cdogmx

I saw a guy doing this. My teammate put on a sniper with fmj + engineer and shot through the wall behind the camper (on hijacked) and killed him. Just centered his shot in the middle of the red glowing riot shield. That's how I counter most of these guys now.

• 25. Re: increase of camping.
    corb450

If you are looking out a window and shoot someone, then back away from the window and aim at the door because you KNOW that the idiot you just shot will come through that door in 15 seconds is that camping?  Absolutely not.  That's called playing smart.  If that person can get through the door and kill you, so be it.  If you kill him, good job. 

• 26. Re: increase of camping.
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I think you can also shoot that guy from the floor below. I've seen a video and the upper floor isn't bullet proof.

• 27. Re: increase of camping.
    snorubit

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I get the fact that not everybody knows how to play aggressively but it is in fact a learned technique. Sationary play is easy entry by nature.

Is it a legit tactic? Yes.

Do I enjoy playing with people who implement it? No. They don't help control the board to my expectation. I like to keep the opponent on their heels drinking from a firehose; take the fight to them and control tempo. Not wait for it.

Do I enjoy playing against them? No. It is not exciting to shoot some guy who is so engrossed in ADS that he is unaware of my flanking him. Boring. I played last night and got 4 headshots on the same guy in one round of TDM, aiming at the same door, oblivious. Rinse/repeat. Good times? Yawn.

I would say that MW2 had far more stationary players than this flavor however it has increased in the last week for me in TDM. I went back to KC because of it even though I have closed out all the challenges. At least it keeps most people on the move.

• 28. Re: increase of camping.
    cdogmx

I'm going to have to try that one!

• 29. Re: increase of camping.
    deamonomic

corb450 wrote:

If you are looking out a window and shoot someone, then back away from the window and aim at the door because you KNOW that the idiot you just shot will come through that door in 15 seconds is that camping?  Absolutely not.  That's called playing smart.  If that person can get through the door and kill you, so be it.  If you kill him, good job. 

I tend to see every death as my own fault for one reason or another. Keeps me from getting to angry at the game and makes me a better player for it.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next