30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 9:08 PM by YO_MOM_IS_NEXT RSS

The CoD Community is PART of the problem?

Sup guys.

First of all, this might be a bit long so only read if you've got time.

Second, this is just my OPINION (most CoD players don't know this word) and I start to get harrased.

Third, I do think Black Ops 2 needs some work (lag, spawn).

I think, part of the problem why CoD isn't enjoyable anymore is because of the CoD Community.

Example 1: Too many people just complain about lag and always compare the latest CoD to the best one (MW, MW2, etc.)

Of course the early CoD games are the best, why? Because the community had less comparisons and the technology then, isn't the same as what it is now.

The CoD community just has a mind set that the next CoD game SHOULD be the best because of the current technology. THIS MINDSET is why most CoD players think the game is sh*t because they have such high expectations that wasn't expected. Think about it, if you had low expectations about Black Ops 2, wouldn't you be blown away by how creative and different it is? No? Okay next problem.

I will list people's problems about Black Ops 2.

- The SHOTGUNS.

Complaint: "The shotguns are too OP"

What? Did you expect shotguns to be weak at close range? Most deaths by a shotgun occur from CQC and if you do get shot from far away with a remington (KSG is an exception) that is bullsh*t, but most of the time, you get killed from close range. Why complain? Do shotguns not take "One Shot, One Kill' from a close range? Did you expect shotguns, especially a powerful shotgun like Remington, to take 2 or 3 shots?

Who to Blame? No one! You just happen to run into a guy using a shotgun. End of!

-Campers.

The Complaint: "Campers are everywhere, fu*k Treyarch for making the maps in favour of them"

Really? REALLY? No matter what map or what FPS game. There will always be campers. Carrier is probably the most open map in this game and I still find campers. Where? The "planes", the room, or wherever a camper decides to camp. It's just common sense to blame players for camping rather than the developers

Who to Blame? THE COD COMMUNITY! It's not the game's fault that they are campers, they made it clear that Treyarch wanted BO2 to be "camp free", it's just not working out that well for them. Blame the players themselves for camping like a b*tch.

Again this is my opinion, so if there are campers reading this, don't get all defensive. It's just my opinion.

- Snipers

The Complaint: "SNIPERS ALWAYS CAMP!" "FUDGING HARDSCOPER!"

You would have to be a 10 yr old to still be saying those sentences. I mean, it's common sense.

Do snipers run around the battlefield "quickscoping" everyone? Why do people call it "Hardscoping"? It's called SNIPING people! No one in the army or navy, etc. practises "quicksoping".

Snipers are supposed to "camp". I don't even think "sniping" and "camping" should be in the same sentence.

Who to Blame? Again, the CoD Community. Hey CoD Community, it's called SNIPING not HARDSCOPING.

-SMGs

The Complaint: "HOW DO SMGs BEAT ARs? (Shotguns, LMG etc.)" "OMG EVERYONE IS USING AN SMG!"

Treyarch did say BEFORE they released the game that Black Ops 2 will bring SMG firepower back, if the CoD Community actually payed attention to Treyarch, then you would've expected that SMGs will be eveywhere. In fact, props on the people that use SMG in this game. Why? because they are being smart, they know that most gunfights are won by SMGs and good on them for noticing that. Now, before you say I'm just an SMG user. I am not, I love using ARs on previous CoDs and I'm an AR user. I still use ARs in this game according to the maps. Yes there are maps that still support AR, you just have to know the routes. (Carrier, Express, Raid, Plaza and Standoff). But since I noticed that Black Ops 2 maps just happens to support SMG the most, I made my classes suit every type of map, not every map, but every TYPE of maps. There are only 3 types of maps anyway. (Small,Medium, Large) Obviously use AR on Large maps, anything for Medium maps and SMGs for small maps (which Black Ops 2 has a lot of). My point is, the SMGs aren't OP, STOP LOOKING FOR EXCUSES TO WHY YOU KEEP DYING. There are ways to beat an SMG user. You get killed by an SMG from long range? Not the game's fault, it just means you have bad aiming and the enemy is great at using and SMG and has great accuracy. -.-

Who to Blame? Blame yourself, you're doing bad, just accept it. Blame the CoD Community for trying to make it look like SMGs are OP because they aren't! "If you can't beat them, join them."

- Head Glitchers

The complaint: "STOP HEADGLITCHING" "HEADGLITCHING NOOB"

Now, I don't know if this is a major problem but I have seen people complain that people always "headglitch".

Again, this the community's fault for making something "noobish" when it's not. You know what I say when I get killed by a headglitcher? Good on you, you're paying attention to your environment. People, it's called TAKING COVER. Again, soldiers just don't run around with their gun killing people and regenerating. It's called paying attention to your surroundings and using the surroundings to your advantage. You get killed by a "headglitcher"? It's your fault for running around like a retard. Might as well put a sign up that says "shoot me". Now, if they were camping and headglitching, then that's whole different story but I won't get into that.

Who to Blame? The CoD Community, why am I not surprised? Dear CoD Community, this isn't a nooby thing to do so STFU.

I know there are still people in the CoD Community that are actually nice and by nice, I mean a nice attitude. Someone who doesn't make silly complaints and just accepts the game for what it is. Someone who is actually reasonable.

Now that I've explained some problems that the CoD Community have been experienced. Please, let's just focus on the actual problems which are the LAG and the SPAWN SYSTEM and stop complaining about OP sh*t because the combat balancing in this game is probably one of the best (given that the connection is fair)

Again, this is all my opinion and I hope someone, at least 1 person agrees with me.

Thank you for reading this long post. Here's a smiley face from me.

• Re: The CoD Community is PART of the problem?
    kenjitill

great post agree 100%

theres probably only one point that i disagree with you on.

Remington with longbarrel..... ridiculous one hit kill range, which gets even longer in hardcore.... May aswell put a sniper scope on it.....

other than this i 100% agree...

But my main point is that we all have the same game, we all have the same weapons.... if you think a weapon is sooo OP then use it!!!

We are all working with the same tools!

ChestSplittah

Actually head glitching. Is not taking cover per se. It's having nothing but your head showing yet being able to fire your gun with no obstruction to your line of sight. Also in the worst case scenario. The enemy engaging you can perfectly pinpoint you head, fire and get "steel on steel" notification only. Not a head shot. This has been happening horribly since Black Ops and its invisible barriers. I've had Chopper Gunners aimed at someone behind a knee wall and got no hitmarkers because of the fail barrier. It actually boils down to poor map design, and animation. If a person only has a head showing, how can therlir gun be fixed upon me.

Though yes some people take the head glitching excuse to the extremes.

Well, okay. You could say headglitching is not taking cover. But it is a strategy or a way for you to keep yourself alive is it not? Is it not using the environment to your advantage? I respect your view on it and I don't want to get into an arguement but yeah, people always look for an excuse to why they die.

ChestSplittah

I'm not try to argue with you. I agree. I am just stating where the actual term came from. It was about 3 years ago on here. OGKingShotgun made a thread talking about it. A lot of people said the same thing about playing tactically. He then went on to describe and show what he meant. Then people realized what he meant. A glitch is something not intended, but can be exploited. Seeing a head and not being able to hit is the glitch, firing on someone from behind cover and still being able to take fire is legit. It's like when I went off in MW3 about prone glitching. Not laying prone, but while in prone... Sinking into the map. I've stood over people doing this, et into them with a weapon and caused no damage. I won't say its their fault. I say it is a design flaw not discovered until out in the wild.

BulletMagnet_911

I think the head glitch comes from the fact that your bullets come from your eyes.its more of a camera issue.  weather youre behind cover or not center screen is where you fire from.  I imagine it would be difficult to program and even to control arms and head cameras.  there is no independant movement for your avatars body.  no blind fire or cover like in the tom clancy games. 

I can agree that head glitching is messed up but the line of fire is consistent even if youre not behind cover. 

ChestSplittah

I actually believe if they took time to synchronize these issues the game would be better off. Just like the ADS delay the one guy showed. It's more of a flawed design problem more than anything. QA should catch these issues, and the Director should direct them to catch these issues. Not overlook and pass it along.

JanThaMan

It's like we're twins! Every single thing you mentioned is bang on!

We need more players like you.

deamonomic

well... I think the problem is everyone is too busy thinking they are the king of the mountain and needing something to blame when they die.

andynewns

As you have stated your opinion I will say mine, I don't think your 100% wrong but I do think your giving 3arc more credit than you should.

On your points, I actually played WaW and MW2 last night, went into a couple of hacked lobbies (rubbish) but other than that, both games played great, graphics are rubbish compared to MW3 or Blops2 but other than that the game is just better.

An example of this 3000 people online playing WaW still no lag, that ruins 3arc reason for less HC modes

Head glitch as everyone has already stated its a developer issue, however if the gamer can abuse something they will.

SMG'S in this game are too powerful I understand what you're saying about the maps but if I shoot at the same time as a SMG with my AR I should win the fight unless maybe stood right next to us.

I would add to that pistols.

Camping - actually doesn't bother me most are stupid enough to stay in the same place so I can go back and get the kill. But when 3arc say that they are going to stop camping why do they design camping maps. Secondly by trying to stop camping they ruin it for people like me who try and flank and get behind the enemy, before I would always run blind eye assassin etc and would not show up on radar.

The reason the games are rubbish now, is that they are not being made or tested properly there is too short a cycle between games because activision is trying to make up the lost revenue from WoW

JanThaMan

Did you really read what he said about campers? Even if Treyarch made the most open maps in CoD history, there would still be campers. Saying Treyarch made maps for campers is just plain stupidity and you're putting the blame on the developers rather than the community. Ghost doesn't show up on radar and is perfect for flanking...what are you on?

Mojo33

"...if I shoot at the same time as a SMG with my AR I should win the fight ..."

What if the guy with the SMG is just plain BETTER than you? People always seem to overlook this critical variable hen discussing weapon balance. The assumption is that all players are of equal skill, and the only deciding factor in any encounter is the choice of weapons, and this just isn't true.

For some reason, it is inconceivable to people that anyone could possibly be better than them at a video game. The moment they get killed, the first assumption is that their killer MUST have exploited some "unfair" advantage, whether it be an OP weapon, a "cheap" tactic, or just plain cheating when, in reality, they just got beaten by a better player (or in some cases blind luck).

JanThaMan

Yeah, I really don't think this guy read the whole post.

The OP basically said that winning a gunfight doesn't come down to the firepower of the weapon.

It comes down to how well you use that weapon.

For all I know, a great knifer can beat an AR user from a mile away.

Point is, it's not the weapons that win the fight, it's HOW you use that weapon.

flameweilder8

Well if treyarch left everything alone, had the lag comensation to where it was like in MW2, and had most of the bugs/glitches fixed. Then we wouldn't have anything to legitimately complain about.

xXKingKongxX

The CoD community just has a mind set that the next CoD game SHOULD be the best because of the current technology. THIS MINDSET is why most CoD players think the game is sh*t because they have such high expectations that wasn't expected.

That is human nature, the reason human's are the most successful animal on the planet is because we want more that what we had, there is a constant "must do better" attitude which drives humans forward, and as the COD players are a subset of humans, you should expect that we also want a game better (hell I'll take just as good) than the ones that ran well, we don't want to take a step back which BO, MW3 and BO2 have been for a lot of us.

Sure BO2 has a lot more bells and whistles in it, it certainly looks better than MW2, and sounds better, but those things are the icing on the cake, the bit that really matters is the connection related stuff, I shot you first and you died, I got hitmarkers on you etc, without that it doesn't matter what else is in the game.

So the only way things will improve is either they make a game which compares to the earlier versions with respects to connections, or all us "old timers" leave and only the post Black Ops 1 community remain.

On a side note, there is obviously talk about the Xbox 720 and PS4 (720 release before xmas 2013) so the next COD game will have to run on those, I imagine the current lag fest code that is used won't make it to the 720 (assume ps4 port) so the next installment will be a different proposition all together

Out

Good post, I agree with 99% of what your saying....

I don't have anything against campers since playing this game. The lag is so frustrating that it's more beneficial to stand back and shoot rather then run around and watch a slow motion replay of how you didn't even get a single shot off.

It also seems that as soon as the opposing team gets any kind of big scorestreak, the game lags even more in their favour. Soon as the warthog comes you might aswell exit and look for a new server.

Back to MW3 I think, till this gets better.

Izjar11

Good attempt overall, lets look at what you wrote.

I think, part of the problem why CoD isn't enjoyable anymore is because of the CoD Community.

I feel more or less the same, this community has a long issue with complaining way to much over nothing. When this complaining reaches the ears of the developers changes are made, some are good allot are bad!

Complaint: "The shotguns are too OP"

No they are not, I find very little use with shot guns in this game and refuse to use them myself so to those who prefe them I say cheers to you'

The Complaint: "Campers are everywhere, fu*k Treyarch for making the maps in favour of them"

Camper per say is a players own description of losing! Plain and simple! Let them cry out camping this, camping that, all I hear I lost here, I lost there.

The Complaint: "SNIPERS ALWAYS CAMP!" "FUDGING HARDSCOPER!"

Huh, this is the same as the camping complaint except with the word sniper in it.

The Complaint: "HOW DO SMGs BEAT ARs? (Shotguns, LMG etc.)" "OMG EVERYONE IS USING AN SMG!"

And if the complaint was everyone is using AR's would it make a difference no, doesn't matter. I am a AR player, and have no issues taking out the enemy successfully.

The complaint: "STOP HEADGLITCHING" "HEADGLITCHING NOOB"

Ok, ill stop here cause there are too many complaints now.

Bottom line this is what they are complaints. They are complaints on how OTHERS play, which is not up to ones position to dictate how others should play. If you run, if you hide, if you sneak, if you dive its is each players choice of game play.

The truth is some players are good allot are bad. The majority of people who "complain" about how others play are not that good.

Your assumption though is true, the never ending complaining does have an effect on the next title and the game gets more difficult to play!

ghamorra

ToRightOgreLL wrote:

Treyarch did say BEFORE they released the game that Black Ops 2 will bring SMG firepower back,

Bring back from what? SMGs have been argued to be the most powerful weapons in CoD for the last couple years. In MW3 the MP7 and PP90 far out gunned the ACR (which wasn't powerful just easy to use and balanced). In Black Ops the Ak74u was an AR in a SMGs body having all the qualities of both.

To some extent the community can be blamed for it, but it's mostly the Devs trying to cater to the masses because all the little kids want weapons that match their ADD skill set. The blame goes 50/50 when it comes to SMGs and their power

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

To some extent the community can be blamed for it, but it's mostly the Devs trying to cater to the masses because all the little kids want weapons that match their ADD skill set. The blame goes 50/50 when it comes to SMGs and their power

Thats a hilarious response G' haha made me chuckle.

Gerbera

And don't forget the MP40 in WaW...

And, IIRC, wasn't the UMP45 also one of the most used guns in MW2? Also saw it A LOT in MW3 along with the MP7 and PP90M1, with a bit of the P90. The only SMG I didn't really see used much at all was the MP5.

ChestSplittah

When that comment was made by the Arch. It was labeled at complainers of MW3 ARs. Let's touch base on what that really was. Catering to nO_oBs.

W@W

1. All hail Megatron.. the MP40...In all honesty the most dangerous gun in CoD ever.
      2. Type100
      3. ppsh

MW2

1. ALL HAIL GALVITRON.. the UMP 45
      2. MP5K
      3. PP90
      4. Vector
    DaShuk2381

The only thing the community should be blamed for is continuing to put up with subpar 60% finished crap games at launch. The games will continue to be crap as long as the fanboys/girls keep lining up at midnight to buy this crap even after being burned by the last few games. It's time for the community to demand a better product from the developer. There is no excuse for these games coming out like they do half broken causing so many issues like the PS3 freezes, etc. A game should not be released and need 500 patches to fix things within the first week or two. Especially given what we pay for these games nowadays, it's just inexcusable and the companies are just playing us.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

yes. it is part of the problem.