31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 12:48 AM by BCCSinCARA RSS

How do you wiimote player feel now?

BCCSinCARA

How is the wiimote now compared to before the patch for you? How do you feel about it?

I play with all 3 controllers but prefer wiimote. I feel is good FINALLY I can say we are on par with DA.

• Re: How do you wiimote player feel now?
    skMace0

And yet everyday I hear DA users complaining about the wiimote like it's the noobiest control scheme ever. There is no end to my rage when I hear some narb spoting off this ish... luckily for them I don't have a mic..

But yeah, I never played wiimote pre-patch so I wouldn't know. I played the game for the first time the day the wii-mote was finally fixed for the better (how that happened, must have been a miracle). I stil feel like the DA has some rediculous aim assist advantages at times, but I shouldn't complain I guess..

Convict7

There is still problems with the ADS, I need it to be 100% smooth in distances, not the way it's now, definately way better than it was before the patches, but I still have problems with the fact that I need to use too much force to move my gun while ADS.

Maybe the next patch that the Trey U tells about the update log will include the final fix for it, but already seeing extra recoil on SMGs and the wider hipfire spread should help.

Most of the DA users who call Wiimote as a noob controller seem to be from PS360, so they don't even know what they're talking about.

EliteKing

ive been away for like 4 days so we got another patch or hotfix or something?

BCCSinCARA wrote:

I can say we are on par with DA.

Really? Everyone else I know says different, including me. I tweak my settings by a notch after a few games to loosen them up and adjust slowly, but they're still too stiff but with exagerated sway if they get too loose. I play MW3 and I notice the difference straight away and i'm immediately comfortable. DA users outgun me most of the time.

T-boss

are controlsare better thant they used to be. wiimote works, mostly, but ADS problems only make it worthwile for longshots/hallways. at close range im just better off spraying because i know if i ADS it wont read my movement half the time till its to late.

as for DA balance. it still has aimassist. and to much. snipers in this game have aimassist, something that was supposnly completly removed from teh class. didnt check xbox/PS3 versions if they had minor aimassist but wii version does. and guess what, current sniper aimassist is closer to balanced than current DA everything else aimassist.

only recently ive had problems when i ads it seems to lock i can turn when the rodent im trying to kill moves, doesnt happen all the time just now and again, its not due to my dead zone because that dead small, anyone else had this problem.

tried sniping yesterday for first time in this game, and its impossible with the reticle bouncing all over the place, thought that would of been sorted ages ago.

M4GNUM

Wiimote controls are better, but still not balanced with DA. Call me crazy, but I'm actually more concerned with connection, lag, spawns, etc. Doesn't matter if my controls are spot-on if I'm constantly instakilled. Last night I rage-quit a match because I went 0-7. It kept spawning me in front of enemies...sometimes in between 2 of them. Ridiculous. So I say fix connection, lag, spawn - then fix the wiimote controls. LOL - I had some DA clan squeakers making fun of me because I couldn't control the dragon fire. NOT MY FAULT!

M4GNUM wrote:

Wiimote controls are better, but still not balanced with DA. Call me crazy, but I'm actually more concerned with connection, lag, spawns, etc. Doesn't matter if my controls are spot-on if I'm constantly instakilled.

Yep, I have to agree with this too. I try and just enjoy this game for what it is, tell myself its not my fault. But i'm getting tired of the invisible man syndrome, or the dancing jittery man who's right in front of you and you manage to unload a full clip without a single hit, for him to just turn and 1 shot kill you. Its killing the fun and killing the game. And with the maps with all the different routes you have to look in every nook and corner for those huggers. frustrating.com

Godotpwn

This is how I feel:

Wiimote

1. Cant control Lodestar/Sentry gun/Dragonfire/Turrets

2. Cant move Sentry Guns/Guardians

3. Picking up guns with buttons that aren't assigned to picking up guns

4. Picking up guns when trying to use score streaks

5. Randomly losing wiimote controls mid-game

6. Gun twitches that causes dead frames (no buffering on inputs)

7. Cant hold breath/lock camera without accidently controlling Sentry Gun/AGR

8. Cant hold breath/lock camera next to a mantable object without climbing it

9. Teleporting cursor as host

10.  The button to sprint is the same button used to skip killcams.

11. Cannot use "boost" on Hellfire missiles

12. No positional updates for the wiimote while in ADS animation (this is really bad for LMGs)

13. Crouching/Proning while using a scope changes your controls.

14. Extremely high sway with any scope weapon

15. Non-smooth pointer with ACOG/Iron Sights on all Sniper Rifles

16. No Aim Assist of any form when using Sniper Rifles.

17. Significantly higher recoil/flinch on wiimote compared with DA.

Dual Analog

1. A 3 minute old snail can be an elite mlg pro due to aimbot aim assist.

Mmmmm did I miss anything?

M4GNUM

One other thing for me is when I'm running and I move the pointer so I run to the left or right and ADS at the same time, my scope locks to the opposite side.

So if I run then move to the right and ADS, my scope is locked to the left which results in me getting shot by someone on my right. Aggravating.

M4GNUM wrote:

One other thing for me is when I'm running and I move the pointer so I run to the left or right and ADS at the same time, my scope locks to the opposite side.

So if I run then move to the right and ADS, my scope is locked to the left which results in me getting shot by someone on my right. Aggravating.

I can't do fast turns without the gun suddenly pointing to the ground or sky, and then it seems stiff when I try to correct it, and its very disorientating..

BCCSinCARA

Godotpwn wrote:

This is how I feel:

Wiimote

1. Cant control Lodestar/Sentry gun/Dragonfire/Turrets

2. Cant move Sentry Guns/Guardians

3. Picking up guns with buttons that aren't assigned to picking up guns

4. Picking up guns when trying to use score streaks

5. Randomly losing wiimote controls mid-game

6. Gun twitches that causes dead frames (no buffering on inputs)

7. Cant hold breath/lock camera without accidently controlling Sentry Gun/AGR

8. Cant hold breath/lock camera next to a mantable object without climbing it

9. Teleporting cursor as host

10.  The button to sprint is the same button used to skip killcams.

11. Cannot use "boost" on Hellfire missiles

12. No positional updates for the wiimote while in ADS animation (this is really bad for LMGs)

13. Crouching/Proning while using a scope changes your controls.

14. Extremely high sway with any scope weapon

15. Non-smooth pointer with ACOG/Iron Sights on all Sniper Rifles

16. No Aim Assist of any form when using Sniper Rifles.

17. Significantly higher recoil/flinch on wiimote compared with DA.

Dual Analog

1. A 3 minute old snail can be an elite mlg pro due to aimbot aim assist.

Mmmmm did I miss anything?

SPOT ON SPOT ON

DatBigSwitcha2

Whenever I control the lode/VTOL, I just switch to the Gamepad and use that. Its not even funny how bad the wiimote controls are.

Also DA users piss me off, this aim assist tugging to enemies behind walls thing is nothing short of a blatant "see through wall" hack. Why the F*** are DA users allowed to know I am behind a wall, when I, as a wiimote player, am not? F****** ridiculous, I have had so many deatsh because of this stupid feature, its so cheap and so broken.

PenguinAvenger

I have all the wiimote problems you mentioned, except for  one.  I can use the boost on the Hellstorm.  I use the default controller setting, its the c button, or the aim down the sight button for me.

Clofairy

I've definately seen a huge improvement post patch but I still find myself constantly tampering with my Wiimote settings.

Though I wouldn't say we are on par but getting there.

shomac

wiimote works great, they just need to fix the lag comp

jliba12

At first I never wondered why people hated the wiimote. I loved it in this game. I never wondered why people complained about the Cursor Sensitivity glitching and asking to add it in. I decided to bring my sensitivity up to the max after the patch added it in and I thought it made it a little better.

Then I decided to use a gun for a little bit, and good god, I felt horrible after that. The sensitivity resets after you ADS, making it almost unplayably twitchy after playing with a high cursor sensitivity for a while. I never ADSed as a knife only player so I was fine, but now I understand the wiimote concern in this community. When I was messing around with a gun with a bunch of recruit bots, I kept changing my wii settings thinking that there was a power issue affecting the jumpiness of my pointer, then I tried bringing the cursor sensitivity to 40 while hip firing and it was amazing.

I think Treyarch needs to fix mostly this, and maybe a few other little bugs like theater staying centered, and the wiimote will be close to perfect.