36 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 8:48 AM by ab36 RSS

Kill Confirmed Sucks

jordanm360

I play chaos moshpit only usually i might play the odd gun game etc..

but i think it is stupid for you to get 50 points a kill and 100 points a confirm..

if you get the kill you get 50 then your teammate get 100 if they confirm it..

this annoys me for a few reasons...

one being team mates will purposely running into your kills dogtags and stealing your points

but i think the points should be either 75 for kill and 75 for your confirm

but if your teammate confirms they should get 50 i think that would be a little better

but yea thats just my opinion and why i hate kill confirmed

• Re: Kill Confirmed Sucks

I think it's intended to stop people camping and give you a reason to tear around the map more.

iivrruummii

If they increase anything then it could become more about the out right killing over the play the objective.  I personally don't have a problem in KC.  I can get a VSAT within 1 minute with 6 kills.

jwaller123

iivrruummii wrote:

If they increase anything then it could become more about the out right killing over the play the objective. 

Agreed. MW3 was much more notorious for this. I think it is fine as it is. If you want the points...then move a bit quicker.

lPikachu

Depending on game modes different guns are the best.

Dom i would say assult rifles as you can deffend as well as attack points

Hardpoint i would say subs as to get the highest SPM you aim to be running around the areas killing and recapping

KC i say shotguns are good as you can easily grab the tags

TH3_IT

jordanm360 wrote:

I play chaos moshpit only usually i might play the odd gun game etc..

but i think it is stupid for you to get 50 points a kill and 100 points a confirm..

if you get the kill you get 50 then your teammate get 100 if they confirm it..

this annoys me for a few reasons...

one being team mates will purposely running into your kills dogtags and stealing your points

but if your teammate confirms they should get 50 i think that would be a little better

but yea thats just my opinion and why i hate kill confirmed

Well you would have been really pissed a few nights ago during the last hotfix.  I was getting 0 points for teamates confirming my kills and I was getting 0 points for denying enemy kills as well on core. 

I also play Chaos a majority of the time.

Anyways....KC is awesome!  One of my favorite game modes.  Those Dogtags....may be your kills....but they are the teams dog tags.  Even if there are people who are just running around "stealing" dog tags....they are helping the team win (in most cases)...which is the ultimate goal.

it would still be nice if the person who go their tag stolen after they kill the enemy to get more points. i mean come on the guy who gets the kill gets 50 points for the kil and 25 when his teammate gets the tag. the teammate gets 100 points for doing nothing. you do the killing and you get less then the guy who just walks over a tag? thats a little bit ridiculous if you ask me. its even better when you are running for the tag and you see 2 of your other teammates running for the same tag and then an enemy walks around the corner and gets 3 kills and confirms and denies your confirm. so you just had a 3 point swing in the game because your teammates only care about the tags. now dont get me wrong KC is my favorite gametype and i do really well in it just some of the thing nag at you a bit sometimes

spanky'smonkey

the thief is risking life and limb to retreive those tags and above all else getting dog tags win the game. no matter how many score streaks you call in, you will lose if you don't get those tags.

no matter how you slice it its still not balanced. the killer should get just as much as the person picking up the tag. if you got 50 points for the kill and 50 when your team mate picked up the tag it would be all cool.

i think they should do it so for each tag theres a maximum of 100pts to be given, if you get your own kill tags you get a hundred points, if a team mate gets them its 50/50, that would atlease help reduce 'stealing' somwhat

jwaller123

DiRTYZs wrote:

. the teammate gets 100 points for doing nothing.

No...he gets 100 points for retrieving a tag that could have otherwise been left alone. The person who did the killing gets 50 pts per kill + 25 for someone else getting his tag. That is 75 pts total. The guy getting the tag gets 100 pts. That is only a 25 pt difference. Over the course of the game they probably only took away maybe 100-150 pts, and that might be a good game, which in my eyes is hardly anything. Definitely not that game breaking.

My guess is this. The people who are complaining about a measly 25 points are just mad because they can't treat the game like TDM and want everyone else to do the work for them. Since the points stack towards your next streak you can sit back and get them for nothing while everyone else does it for you.

If possible, they should implement a proximity system for collecting tags; if you kill someone 10 ft away and someone steals it you should get more XP as you would have picked it up anyway, but if you get a long range kill then it's fair game.

I definitely agree that just because someone decides to steal a tag that you should get a pitiful amount of score, itisn't fair if you planned on picking it up anyway.

Another way would be to make it so that you still get more than the person who picked it up; something like 75 score for you and 50 for him, but 25 for you and the full 100 for the thief is just stupid.

This is a problem reminiscent to the secind chance problem of black ops 1, where somoene put the enemy into SC and someone else put a single bullet in, stealing the kill, it needs sorted.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about those who genuinely risk a death to pick up tags in the middle of a firefight, I am talking about those who, even though they see you running for the tags, still sprint, dive and block you in order to grab them first.

JSlayer211

They made this game with the intention of making everyone more active on the maps, but it backfired. The maps are so small and spawns are so crappy that even in a game mode like KC teams are often times bunched up. Killing 2-3 people only to get blasted by the 4th is a frequent occurrence for me. Even worse killing 3 people and by the time I am done killing the 3rd person, the 1st person has respawned and rejoined the fire fight I killed him in in the first place. The tags should serve the same purpose as a care package when respawning. You ever notice that if you throw a care package and get killed waiting on it that you get respawned on the EXACT opposite side of the map? Should be the same with your tags. I am ready to see what the new maps entail and whether or not they can support a competitive gaming environment. Right now, BO2 is just too dam small in general.

LordPookums

No. The game is called Kill Confirmed, not Team Deathmatch.

The objective of the game is to collect Tags, not to kill. It just so happens that to make a Tag appear, you have to kill someone. Kill Confirmed is quite possibly the most balanced Objective game in terms of kill - objective playing - scorestreak balance on BLOPS 2 atm. If you want to kill and get the most points for the kill, than play Team Deathmatch.

If you are playing Kill Confirmed, because you die a lot in Team Deathmatch, and want easy kills from players collecting and not firing than maybe it is time to accept that maybe you aren't very good at killing other players.

jordanm360

i can do good in both game modes but the reason i dont like tdm is it is too short...

but what i am saying is its just annoying for you to get a kill and not get as much points as someone just running over the tag even if they see you going for it

DaRyuujin

I think it should be if the tag is grabbed in X amount of seconds you get full poinst reguardless of who grabs it, but if it sets for longer then that time limit the other player gets full points

This would solve people stealing ur tags right after you kill a guy before you can get to teh tag and also will make it so campers dont  always get the fulll points (often a campers tags will sit there for a few seconds

just how I see it tho cause the poins things fustrates me, especially since i runa nd gun with a LMG, kinda hard to get my tags with a bunch of SMG kids zipping around the map never slowing down to ADS

xlimepops

If I see dogtags sitting there with no one around I'm going to pick them up to help my team regardless of who got the kill. However if I kill someone and I know a teammate of mine sees this and they see me running towards the tags and they run after them also and grab them I get frustrated because it is selfish. It always annoys me when the game is over and I get 25 kills and only 13 confirms and then I see a player with 6 kills and over 15 confirms.

I understand your frustration because I feel it sometimes too. But the bottom line is collecting tags is the objective and the only way to win the game.

i think we all understand the bottom line of winning the game but would it really matter to the random tag colletors if they took away 25 points and added it to the person who go the kill. so if you get the kill and your teammate picks up the tag you get 100points total, 50 for the kill and 50 for their teammate picking it up and then your teammate gets 75 points for picking up the tag. people would  still pick up the tags even with the 25 points off

cdogmx

I actually love kc and think it's setup great.

jordanm360 wrote:

Buuuut you do essentially get 75 for your kills when your teammate confirms your kill. You get +25 for a teammate confirm, so, 50 + 25 = 75. Then if you confirm your kills you get 100 so 100 + 50 still is 150, which is the same as 75 + 75.

You have to understand they were doing this to force ppl to play the objectives. Otherwise ppl just play KC and leave tags just to boost their stupid K/D ratios, leave the tags as bait and just load up on kills. Also, the point of the game, being a team game, is for your team to get 100 confirms, not for you to necessarily get all your individual confirms. Actually, the point can be made its better for teammates to confirm for your team. Think about it, if you and a teammate walk up to 2 enemies you each kill one, if you pick up your tags you would each get 150 points, if you pick up each others tags you each get 50 + 100 + 25 = 175 points, and thus are both closer to streaks. Also, if you play enough kill confirmed it balances out, you end up running over as many teammates tags as they do yours I find, unless you're a camping sniper .

creaper21

I agree about teammates getting the confirms. I hate not getting the 100 points just because my ally was just a foot in front of me. But it's not that bad. It's better this way. Makes killstreaks harder to get and that's the way I like it.

reapie

kc teaches you to run and gun.

nuttin2say

One of the few bright spots of BO2 is the way the points work in KC.

You really have to be superbly STUPID to think people don't get why you want more points just for the kill. You just want to camp and run up kills. KC is NOT a camper's game mode.

Furthermore, as noted above, the work in KC is getting those tags, not the kills. Kills come easy and plenty in KC. Getting tags is another story.

Don't like it? Play some other game mode.

UncleFizer

Nobody is stealing your points when they grab tags from someone you killed.  They are trying to win.  It its a team game after all.  You want points all to yourself go play FFA problem solved.

DaRyuujin

you sir are a fool if you think ALOT of people dont run after tags they know the person who got the kill are going after just so THEY can get the points/scorestreak points, hell if they werent the why do alot of people race you and try dolphin diving to beat you to it?? they know your about to pick it up so WHY dolphin dive trying to get there split second earlier? doubt thats "for the team" its for the points

Just like when the black hat could take teammates care packages quickly, people werent taking them for the "good of the team so the other team couldnt get them"  when the person who called it in was going to pick it up, no they were stealing them for themselves nothing more

tommyguns3434

You should just be happy that the tags are getting collected.  I can care less if someone picks up my tags as long as the other team is not denying them.  Also, I will collect any tag in front me regardless of who made it appear. Just win baby!! 

FAded_DrEamz

OMFG!! Another one of these damn posts?!? It's KILL CONFIRMED! not TDM!! You get points for playing the objective!!! Which in this case is picking up tags.. As someone who plays only HCKC, it's setup perfectly! Stop crying about people taking your tags!! If you stop your damn camping maybe you would get your own tags! If you don't like it then go play TDM! You whinning little girls!

Sometimes teammates pick up my tags (it's not stealing, it's playing the objective), and sometimes I pick up theirs. I only play KC or FFA and I have no problem with the rules.

bawi

Maybe i'm just the odd ball in this case, but if i'm hot footin' it to one of the tags I just dropped and I see someone else trying to get there first, I stop running and let them take it. I don't have to waste time collecting a tag, the team gets another point, and I get to look for my next kill.

My bottom line is trying to win. If you're closer to one of my tags, take it. Hell, maybe you're closer to a Scorestreak that could help the team out and this is the hundred points you need to get it. Besides, I run all low Scorestreakes anyway, doesn't take much to get them.

Jollyjugs77

pts are fine if they give you to many pts per kill people will not go after tags or if they give you to little for confirms people will not go after tags. personally i do not care if my team takes my tags as long as we win

KC best gamemode around promotes running and gunning thats why you get more points for picking up tags

Swaggin412

I stopped playing KC for a while due to people stealing tags. However I recently started playing it again, I've gotten over it and realized I can't stop people for taking my tags. So I'm going to do the same and grab any tag that I see, I suggest making a class that relys on quickness and speed for both kills and tag grabbing.

ab36

It can get frustrating having teammates (particularly the green ones lol) run up and take your tags when you are clearly running straight after them, but I get over it pretty quick. lol It isn't really a big deal, at least the person's trying to help the team, and I can just move on to the next kill and try to get those tags. And of course the more kills you get the more opportunities you have to pick up tags. And you're likely to be able to pick up a few tags that other teammates might have missed, so it's still pretty fair. If I see someone going for my tags, unless I need it when I'm close to a scorestreak, I'll let them take them, and then move on.

Edit - although it wouldn't be too problematic in my opinion if they increased it to +50 when a teammate confirmed your kill.