39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 8:09 PM by Jollyjugs77 RSS

Fix Domination!

You cannot play the objective on Domination anymore unless you play in a party, not everyone can play in a party, if you play solo it's just stupid everyone either camps just for kills and doesn't play the objective, can you do something about it.

It's getting to the point where you cant play Domination without a party.

I don't even know if Treyarch reads these but it needs to be fixed.

• Re: Fix Domination!
    simonm

well i agree the problem is getting worse but how does a developer change that ? unless you give minimal points for kills and maximum points for caps and defends then people will continue to run around kill whoring and ignoring the objectives. these ignorant people are just ruining it for everyone else as usual .

i guess you could just remove kills and deaths from the scoreboards all together . might help

remove KDR from the game then no one will care

ChronoZombie

simonm wrote:

well i agree the problem is getting worse but how does a developer change that ? unless you give minimal points for kills and maximum points for caps and defends then people will continue to run around kill whoring and ignoring the objectives. these ignorant people are just ruining it for everyone else as usual .

i guess you could just remove kills and deaths from the scoreboards all together . might help

Support kill streaks changes that.  Domination, headquarters, Demolttion- to play these games right and win you need to be willing to die.  I have always been willing to trhow myself at the objective, since WaW, and I almost never got any kind of reward for being the person who won the game.  I am still willing, but I am so often the only one trying to get flags.  Domination was my favorite game type for so long, but now I don't enjoy it at all.  The fact that objectives gives points is a half-assed measure to reward objective play, when nobody, no matter how good they claim to be, can capture more than two flags without dying, so people cap one or two then sit back to use that cap to boost their kills, instead of using kills to boost their capture points, which is exactly what support did.

yes, absolutely, all record of kills and deaths should be wiped from every game type where kills don't matter- TDM and FFA are the only ones where they matter.  KC is about confirms and denies, kills are secondary to this.  Those numbers should not be reflected in your combat record, killing people in demolition is easy, planting bombs is hard.

lPikachu

Thats the player base not the game mode, for solo go play hard point or kill confirmed

thetizzleguy

Why should we have to go play Hardpoint or Kill confirmed? ppl should just stop crying over their stupid K/D ratio and learn to play the game mode they are going into...

and to the OP they wont EVER do anything about this.. they cant even think up a decent probation penalty for backing out of games...

3arc are amazing game developers and have let them self down massivly in this game due to the rising amount of "MLG" fanboys out there...

MLG imho = Major legue gimps as hopw the heck are they competative as they are only aloud to use 1 gun, 1 perk,1 peice of equipment and all that crap...

this game has been ruined by MLG and thats FACT.

Troll me biatches, im waiting

Actually I have more of a problem with the time limit now in Domination.

It used to be if you came into a game late, or had a bad start you could come back if you triple capped and held them. One of my greatest games in Black Ops 1 was when we were losing 192- 156 when I came in, we triple capped and held all three for a minute. I almost creamed when we won 200-192. Its still in my file share.

No this type of thing never happens. If you have a bad first round its easy to do the math when it is impossible to win. From that moment on I focus now on just getting some good kill streaks to bring my k/d up because literally its mathematically impossible to win with the time left.

For me Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint and Headquarters have become my favorites in BLOPS 2.

I think maybe Domination was too popular and they wanted all of us to try the new game mode so they purposely ruined Dom.

Conspiracy!

Meant to say "Now this type..."

I cant edit this post from my iPad unfortunately.

FamilyTeam

(Can you give me the video? I really would like to watch it)

I think they put 2 rounds in Domination to make it slightly more fair, and I use FAIR very loosely.

I mean, i've lost count of how many matches I was winning with a triple cap, and then "ROUNDS SWITCHES" and BAM, the other team Triple caps us and the match is their's now. I doesn't help that, with the POSSIBLE EXCEPTION  of StandOff and Cargo, none of the maps in this game are good for Domination, way to many places to get shot in the back if you are forced to cap alone. And you are forced to do that all the time, no one PTFOs which is the reason why the OP created this thread.

ChronoZombie

thetizzleguy wrote:

Why should we have to go play Hardpoint or Kill confirmed? ppl should just stop crying over their stupid K/D ratio and learn to play the game mode they are going into...

and to the OP they wont EVER do anything about this.. they cant even think up a decent probation penalty for backing out of games...

3arc are amazing game developers and have let them self down massivly in this game due to the rising amount of "MLG" fanboys out there...

MLG imho = Major legue gimps as hopw the heck are they competative as they are only aloud to use 1 gun, 1 perk,1 peice of equipment and all that crap...

this game has been ruined by MLG and thats FACT.

Troll me biatches, im waiting

I agree- "competitive" gaming ruins gaming, but the devs think that a handful of "pro" gamers (an utterly laughable term) grant them some kind of prestige greater than billions of dollars worth of sales to every body else.

K/D needs to be eradicated from all but TDM and FFA.  Support killstreaks need to come back because they rewarded objective players who are willing to die repeatedly to get their flags and win the game, and they should be deadlier than in MW3.  I die to win the game, and a stealth bomber is considered OP? Meanwhile some tool sits in back and picks off fish in a barrel (every objective game has this guy) and he gets a chopper gunner while being on the losing team?  Lets see those guys go 6/1 in TDM, where they can't just snipe bomb planters and still lose the match.

Hopdevil96

I agree 100%. If im not in a party, I get spawn killed most of the game. I wont dare play Hijacked unless in a party. The Rambos tripple capping(when not needed) only mess the spawn up worse. Then if youre in a party and the other team isnt, they start to camp when they know they are about to loose. Or just go for spawn kills.

Unlike BO & MW3, a tripple cap rarely brings you back from loosing. Domination has been ruined.

I would just love for them to change the point system so like a Kill = 50 points, Capture= 250, Capture Kill = 150 ect, so it makes them go capture to be able to get the higher killstreaks.

Sora_v21

I'm sure if you posted on these forums saying you were looking for a few people to play with instead of complaining about how you can't get a team to play with you it would be a heck of alot more fun.

I play 6v6 Dom/TDM solo most of the time and have a 2.2 w/l if you want to play with me add my gt: Sora v21  ill be glad to play with ya!

But the thing is you shouldn't have to play in a team to be able to play a gamemode on Call Of Duty, If your telling me that you need to actually have to be in a party to actually play a game well then that's just stupid, I'm not complaining it's just a waste of time even playing Call Of Duty anymore it's just modeling itself around campers.

Sora_v21

Well they are team gamemodes right? If they other people have a full party your really just gimping yourself. That's were most of my losses come from orginized full partys those are the games I usually can't win. Well unless all they try to do is snipe or something like that.

If you prefer to play solo try doing what I do: rush the enemy spawn right off the bat while your teamates cap home flag usually I always catch the enemy team on suprise and take alot of them out forcing them to spawn back at their home flag then I go back and help my team cap B. This then gets my ks going and keeps the enemies off B and helps me get my higher or cycle back through my current killstreaks trapping them at their home flag. This works for me anyways and I would say it's pretty good since I got a 2.2 w/l and thats better than most I see in lobbies.

randomhero204

Yeah^^

I love how people complain about how bad it is playing TEAM game modes while they play solo! Hellooootrolol!!

It's a team game mode.

If your solo and don't want other people to "ruin" your game because you don't have any friends.. Play solo!!

/thread

All gamemodes are team orientated, if your playing TDM you are playing in a team, the only game modes you aren't playing as a team is FFA/Gun Game ect.

randomhero204

Exactly... So why on earth would you cry about playing by yourself in a team game mode... Go play FFA for crap sakes. Lol  

And if you don't want to play FFA don't make threads and complain about being solo in team game modes.

asystole

let me get this right:

your solotion to the OP is just quit playing team game modes? Really?

So, pay 60 bucks, and you can only play half the game?

If people like the OP played the objective more you would have better games.

asystole

If you remove KDR stats from all of the objective games, that will solve it. You can get points for kills of course, but they do not count towards overall KDR.

BUT

It could be a problem too, because you may actually reduce the number of players.

DemonHunter777

I never used to care about my K/D it was always .85, but I am a competitor and when I seen everyone putting people down for the low K/D I started bringing mine up. It is now at 1.15 and going up. I like to play domination so people will have to deal with me getting my kills before I play the objective. Thats all on the community.

rdnsnow

I will admit that in bo2 there are a lot less close games in Dom. One team usually destroys the other. I play solo all the time and Dom is my favorite game mode. I've been on both sides of the beatings. A solution would be to add domination into the section where no parties are allowed. Only solo players. But there will always be bad players on either team and nothing can be done about that.

xmrythem

Answer this question for me.

When you cap and hold 2 flags you still get the win.

When you cap and hold 2 flags, the enemy only spawns at one point.

When you cap and hold 2 flags, you can control the game and get lots of kills.

When you cap and hold 2 flags, you get lots of kills and massive killstreaks.

When you cap and hold 3 flags, you still get the win, but faster.

When you cap and hold 3 flags, the enemy spawns EVERYWHERE.

When you cap and hold 3 flags, you get shot in the back from RANDOMLY SPAWNING ENEMY'S

When you cap and hold 3 flags, you usually lose 2 very quickly, and then the enemy will revert to part 1.

why would you EVER want to cap 3 flags when holding 2 provides more benefits in almost every area except time spent playing.

zingaa

I only play domination and yes it's not fun to play with randoms, in fact I refuse to do it. This year for some odd reason is the worst, but thats the players fault not Treyarcs...I have a few players together for Dom so send me a pm with your gt and i'll send you an invite

HarbingerOfDoom

ive been playing for about 2 hrs today so far... i think i have played maybe 2 or 3 complete dom matches because i will not stay in a game where my entire team except me is doing nothing but going for kills and im the only person actually playing the objectives.

i usually wind up with anywhere from 6-10 caps and 8-15 defends. my entire team? usually i have someone that goes 46-12 with zero caps and maybe 2 or 3 defends. when you are stuck with an entire team doing that... it sucks... bad...

xmrythem

i don't know about you, but I play this game for fun.

So whats more fun, lets think about it?

going 46-12 with no caps, staying alive longer and killing more people, calling in more kill streaks?

or pressing your left thumbstick over and over at an object only to sometimes cap it but usually die?

I don't know about you, but its way more fun to kill people rather than cap flags and die.

Audiophile

I don't know about you, but its way more fun to kill people rather than cap flags and die.

Really? If that's the case, why don't they go play TDM or KC? Ohhhh....because they can't GET the kills in those game modes and need the "fish in a barrel" to shoot at instead......I agree with the OP and typically play DOM the same way. While I am busy capping and defending, most of my team is camped in a corner completely ignoring the objective. I have completed all except for ONE challenge in DOM - the TripCap. If anyone is interested in trying to get this achievement, send me a PM or drop a message through XBL - GT CAS Audio

xmrythem

Audiophile wrote:

Really? If that's the case, why don't they go play TDM or KC?

why do I want to play a gametype where I can only get 20, MAYBE 30 kills when I can play a gametype where I can get 80-100?

I play this game for fun, and DOM gives me way more "game play time" rather than sitting in lobbies.

sneed867

its funny, people like you tend to have a .5 W/L ratio

id much rather play with people who cpa things and HOLD the cap than people who go +30 and never care if tyhey are losing a flag

Sora_v21

See I don't think alot of people understand though...you need slayers in the game to keep the enemy back. Sure it's great if four of you guys jump on a flag at once and cap it, but what about when all four of you get c4 by the enemy team and you all spawn to far away to save it? But if you had one guy who pushed up and was there to at least hinder that guy someone would have enough time to get off the flag and not get c4d and could then defend the flag.

jwaller123

I think domination is fine as it is. I have gotten used to the time limit now. It gives you a chance to not be spawn trapped the whole game if you should get yourself into that situation. Yes there will always be killwhores and campers, but it is all easily dealt with if you use your brain for a second. Just do as I do...if they are camping then camp. If they are playing the objective, play the objective. I have come to the conclusion that there is not sense in feeding the enemy team streaks by jumping on every flag with absolutely no support. All you will do is lose in that scenario.

phxs72

It's not so much the killwhores that bother me in DOM but the wanna be killwhores.  Guys that are good at killing will at least allow me to play the objective and pull out the win but those that aren't good at it yet still don't play the objective get me killed a whole lot and that's what gets me frustrated.  Nothing like sacrificing yourself only to come up short and see that you team all went negative with you despite them not going for the flags.  That's when I go lobby shopping.

JSlayer211

The title of this thread should actually be "Fix Team Death Match." The game is so short and unappealing that not many want to play it. You won't see many high scorestreaks or epic gameplays on TDM because the match is over by the time you get warmed up. Reward per kill should be 150 with a kill goal of 150. If you want to kill then TDM is the lowest on the list because of how unappealing and poorly rewarded you are for the kills. I made a thread in regards to this some time ago, but it was deleted for whatever reason. On MW3, I played Dom and TDM primarily. On BO2, I play KC for the majority. Dom is more about the kills because of the awkward scorestreak system. TDM is over in no time flat. KC gives me that TDM feeling without feeling severely limited in playstyles and scorestreaks by the duration of the match.

OP. Yes they ruined Domination by adding a time limit and switching sides. The game mode is just crapola now.

Hopdevil96

Im glad there is a half time and a spawn flip as a few of these maps are lopsidded. On Carrier, the "C" side is strong. Same is the case on Slums. You also get ammo and a better chance of getting a killstreak or crate. So its not a bad deal.

trialstardragon

There is nothing they can do about it. For no change will really ever affect what is happening. Even if they made teh points 1 for kills and 10000 for caps it would not change it as long as it counts the kills for the stats and it would in order for the weapon to gain exp to level them up.

So there is no real fix that they can do. Plus this game is not really meant for lone wolfs it is meant to be played as a team and with a team.

sneed867

try playing HQ solo...rofl

i play Dom when i dont have a team of 6, 3-4 we play Dom, 5-6 we play HQ

Dom is easier solo imo. if you happen to run into a team that rushes B all the time while your team is camping their own spawn, tough luck, but usually you can defend B alone since only a few ever try and get B in Dom games.

what needs fixed in Dom is scoring, you get a 30 point lead and no matter what its nearly impossible to lose that lead. the score ticks so freaking slowly. if you are down 30-40 points, we need to hold 2 flags for nearly 3 minutes just to make the game close

Jollyjugs77

dom was great when it was 50pts a kill, once they changed to 100pts a kill all the TDM players came over because it is easier to kill objective players and sit back than it is to kill TDM players in TDM, so the only way to fix this problem is to make it 50pts again or even 25 and make objective pts worth more