20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 8:22 PM by skinzy420 RSS

lag switch

i was playing last night with a few freinds and for once the game was running average so really enjoyed it however how many people have you all come across useing these things for cheap kills i swear we had at least 3 people dureing our game session last night although they are hard to prove and with the genuine problems with this game it difficult at times to realy tell however out the 3 people we confronted last night 2 just ran off after the game and the 3rd pleaded his inocence.

what im looking for is have any of you came across a player you suspect as useing them but cant prove it and id like to know what live and devs are doing to tackle this.

i beleave this problem is getting out of hand with all the youtube vids on how to make and use them plus they now selling them at local fle markets and online

yes i understand it mostly kids that lower there selfs to this sort of thing but makeing problems in the game worse for people realy trying to give this game a chance to be one of the greats is searously taking its toll on me and before all the daft coments come im a better than average player that can hold my own on any game with 25+years at it so keep your daft comments to yourself please

just woundered how many out there feel this is becomeing a bigger problem ?

• Re: lag switch

I first saw them in Halo, and occasionally since in CoD games. I think we had one last night, but it's so difficult to tell, the way the connections go in this game. Basically, one kid maintained four full bars while everyone else dropped to red dots. It was sporadic, so he may have had a lag switch, but I suspect it was just the crappy netcode.

I certainly haven't experienced anyone suddenly jumping from in front of me to behind me, the way it happens in Halo.

we were faceing said players were glitching from side to side round us in other words they were on left you shoot at them next thing they were killing you from the right hand side like they had run round you with no movment on screen between was really strange and to be honest p***me right off once challanged just left lobby and onto the next i suppose the guy that did protest there inocence we as a party of 6 just said we report see if you get banned then pleaded us not to that wich made us suspect even more so still reported but if they inocent the devs and a like can sort that with no action taken i supose

zingaa

I hear players screaming about this all the time and too be honest I think it's just good ol fashion lag. like dr65r said it's just too hard to tell with the game being unstable as it is...I've seen it a few times where I've froze when approaching a specific person or go to the score screen and watch a connection indicator going red/yellow off and on as he/she approaches someone.

iivrruummii

The only time lag switches work is if they are host.  I have been called out for having a lag switch many times and I wasn't host.  If someone was truely lag switching then you would be able to see it in theater clear as day.  He freezes the enemy and kills them, over and over again.  Other than that it just could be bad lag.

Benjacav

I've come across 4 lag switchers since the game came out. When the screen freezes for that split second that they use the lag switch press start to bring up the scoreboard and you'll see one players kill total go up. You'll usually get the disconnect symbol on screen during the whole game and like iivrruummii stated, only the host can use a lag switch.

anytime anybody is getting killed they instantly blame a lag switch.  in all my years of online gaming I may have come across one once.  they are not as rampant as people like to think.  i got blamed for having one the other day bc i was destroying people.  Moral of the story, youre not as good as you think you are at this game,  everyone has bad games/bad days.  chances are its your fault, not a lag switch

indy56

Watched a video eary today what that guy elpresador put on you tube, he was raging as usual but this time he had good cause to, one of the opposition was clearly using a lag switch which was very noticable on the video, i am sure it will get the player responsible some grief,

Benjacav

Yeah his second video shows the white disconnect symbol at the bottom of the screen everytime the guy uses the lag switch. If you look him up on the elite site you'll see that he has a bunch of 0 kd games because he leaves a match if he's not host.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

How exactly do you know if you're host?  (Other than the obvious fact if you're the only one in a room and players are added one by one and no migration occurs.  Which almost never happens.)

indy56

you subscribed to the beast as well, lol, that guy do make me laugh, anyway as you said it was blatently obvious the guy was using a lag switch, just hope he gets his ban soon, i tried looking up his gametag to see if i could find out what else he was upto but had no luck,

Drahcir_IA

It is hard to tell, especially with the current state of matchmaking.  However the the population that hacks prestiges and/or boosts is much larger than those DoSing.  It's easier, and requires less work.  As of right now I'd say its safe to say that the chances of someone attacking you with DoS or 'lagswitching' is pretty low, considering matchmaking as of right now and would most likely affect those players as well, cheating or not.  I've been in a lot of crap lobbies with absolutely terrible hosts.  A majority of the time, I'm going from 4 green bar to 1 red bar and getting constant connection interruptions.  Matchmaking's 'awesome' placement at work.  I've gotten lucky a few times killing an enemy during the lag, and yes people will instantly react with the 'lag switch' thing.  It's not always true.  Consider the amount of complaints on the forum related to lag.  Their symptoms are very similar or at least in the same ballpark.  At this point if I see somebody lagging, I don't blame them or the host.  I blame the CoD servers and those responsible for hotfixes.  It's irritating playing in a laggy lobby with people teleporting and emptying entire clips into people only to get put down from 50 yards away with one slug, but that doesn't mean they're cheating.  It means YOUR getting cheated, by matchmaking which determined your placement from a CoD server and placed you in a crap lobby.  If I could report 3arch for DoS I would.  Sure as hell feels like it.

100% lag switch here.

and from the lag switchers point of view

Disgusting

I just saw that now off 360a. Like I stated there, on one hand its funny. But on the receiving end, I can understand how frustrating and unfair it is. Agreed its cheap and cheating. I wonder how many more people are doing this and how Activision/Treyarch are letting them get away with this?

nflfenatic

You can relax.. I checked on elite and unless he used a prestige token they reset all his stats back to level one. Only problem is they should let him keep all his deaths and losses so he starts in the whole.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. I really think people use them on frequent occassions because you will get several hit markers on another enemy player but yet he tends to kill you first despite the several hit markers you vastly lowered his health with long before he fired back at you.. Its quite annoying yet I still play the game. Its nothing on my part but someone needs to clean this up.

Restore_Hardcore

I've been accused of using a lag switch before and I still don't know what one is.

SoG_Hanix_PC

Honestly, I think it is worse the first few months. Once they start handing out bans, the lag switching won't be all that bad; but you will notice that he was host. You have to be host for it to work and this guy is one of the worst at it. His is blatantly obvious, but I've seen people who are really good at it and make it almost impossible to see what he is doing.

skinzy420

That was the funniest youtube video I have ever watched. Thank you sir. Yeah these didlos need to be taken out and banned for life. Doesn't make it fun for anyone else who is actually trying to play the game fairly.