15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 5:25 PM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper RSS

I think I literally heard a kid crying!

WEBMASSTER

I was in a game yesterday morning, and my team was getting beat up pretty bad. Well about the middle of the game I hear this kid who sounded between the ages 10 and 13 say "...this game sucks" then a few minutes later he yells in what sounded like a teary voice say "...see that's why nobody likes this game" then again a few minutes later he says "...if that happens again I'm going to rage quit" then lastly I hear "...that's it I'm rage quitting" and I swear to god he was crying! So there you have it Call Of Duty has gotten so bad it is making kids ACTUALLY cry.  If that's not a sign that there needs to be a change then I don't know what is

• Re: I think I literally heard a kid crying!
    Dyn4mics

I used to make kids cry all the time in COD4 MW2. It was the glory days of S-talking.... Oh how I miss the days before party chat.

deamonomic

Dyn4mics wrote:

I used to make kids cry all the time in COD4 MW2. It was the glory days of S-talking.... Oh how I miss the days before party chat.

I know how you feel

Adeeez100

Ner that's not nice really, and why party chat was introduced.

Dyn4mics

"Experience may change during online play."

This disclaimer is my license to do whatever I want.

No but really, it was all in competitive fun, and now that has been taken away for the most part. Evolution of the game I suppose.

Adeeez100

Yes you have the right in a way, i just never got any enjoyment from tormenting kids. Cowboy hits on a point that some kids would walk directly into that situation and probalbly have started the tirade of bad mouthing making them easy targets.

Aaron, tinas coming round tonight to babysit while me and your dad go for that meal we were talking about, no it's ok mom jeff is just next door and i have my xbox.

CowboySr

Ive got a kid, hes allowed to play when Im around. I also have all communications blocked with his profile for people that arent on his friends list that I know personally. We have a family pack, so only I can change those settings. But he cant hear anyone thats not on his friends list. There definitely have been times where he has gotten too emotional after a bad round. Sometimes he gets a warning, to chill, sometimes no warning, but I have him turn it off when I feel hes gotten too serious. I would never use the xbox as a babysitter, but I can see a day where he will ask to play when Im not there. He will have had to show me that he is not one of these raging kids that talks crap to anyone over the internet, and more importantly, I'll have to make sure Im straightened out first.

Dyn4mics

The italicized was sarcasm, in case you didn't get the memo.

Whether he walked into it or not. He should not be playing the game unless he's mature enough to handle the situation, or have someone of age present to cut him off when bad things happen.

Hence the M rating.

Example: "Mom, I'm gonna smoke this pack of cigarettes while you're gone," Aaron says. "No you are not. You're not old enough," His mom says.

Ok, so the above example is extreme, but an age restriction is an age restriction. If you let your children play the game, that's you're choice. I won't criticize you for it. And you shouldn't either.

It's a competitive game, and in all competitive situations people trash talk the opposition. If you're playing against me, you're an equal, regardless of age.

puzz

it makes me cry thinking back to it .

The glory days *sniff sniff*

CowboySr

Needs to be a change? Yeah a change of parents.  Ive always supported kids under 18 playing these games, if and only if they are supervised by a parent or adult with half a brain.

Jimmienoman

Almost an oxymoron.

Parents with half a brain usually don't let their kids act like they do in these types of stories. Most of the time when you hear these kids its because their parents use the game as a babysitter.

I've always been amazed at the amount of parents that let their kids ride the bus to our church without even coming once to check us out. Nothing is wrong at our church and we welcome the parents, but really with all the stories about Catholic priests and molestation... Wouldn't you at least want to come once to make sure its up and up?

A side note -

One time I heard a mother in the background griping at her kid (he sounded 10 at the most) about how all she does all day is clean up his messes.

I couldn't resist; on came the headset and mic and I said "Hey mom, maybe if you didn't allow your kid to play video games all day you wouldn't have to clean up after him".

Sadly, I got no response.

iivrruummii

LOL.  Sounds like people blame the game for always doing bad.

gallp13

Poor little bugger....prbly lagging.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It would have been epic if the OP caught it on film.