1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 131 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 7:34 AM by spanky'smonkey Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

The problem is this game is off by much more than just that slight staggered start.  and if everything is synced off of that start it will still show plenty of delay to the naked eye... syncing it up with the exact millisecond will only show the problem even worse.

• 21. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

There was a guy who made some videos for MW3 about this issue who had everything synced to the exact frame using time code.

It was pretty interesting and I hope he does one for BO2. 

• 22. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it
    greencoffin72

I am not an internet whiz but I would have to agree with Mac.  There is always going to be a difference between two things especially when we're talking about the internet.  Without going into some nerdy physics/chemistry, look at an electron, it acts differently than if you were not looking.  It's quantum mechanics.

Most people think that lag/lag comp is the issue, but I believe that there is more of an inherent issue with people's connections to each other and the fact that the matchmaking most likely puts you in bad connections to other players.  If there were more focus on what player's connections, locations, and the like, I believe the cause could be remedied quickly.

I say this because I have tried everything under the sun to fix my half of the equation, from port forwarding, DMZ, etc.  Leaving my connection as is, UPnP enables, BEST game searching, etc, I have found the game to be fun most of the time.  Granted, there are going to be many moments of "I hate this effing game!!"

• 23. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it
    Dyn4mics

Maybe they should turn the lag comp down a little, so that we can see people skipping. This would turn moments of "wtf I shot him" into "wtf, I can't hit this laggy mofo."

The ability to aim at someone needs to be put back into the hands of the player, and not a system relied as heavily on extrapolation of a estimated path.

• 24. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

I understand what it does im just making a smarta** comment.

• 25. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it
    maccabi

Griefbot wrote:

There was a guy who made some videos for MW3 about this issue who had everything synced to the exact frame using time code.

It was pretty interesting and I hope he does one for BO2. 

The only person who made a mw3 video that was in anyways "almost" accurate was capp00 ,

a seperate note and saving forum replies..

op in the interests of fairness way dont you do exactly the same type of video for cod4 , mw2 as everyone seems to think these games worked fine...  be interesting to see what results you get

• 26. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

I disagree to a part of your statement.  True they do not give a s***, but i think they do realize there is a real problem and that is why they started implementing these terrible "hotfixes" They still wont acknowledge them which is what pisses me off even more.  Going behind our backs trying to fix things without letting us know what is going on.....

But the community that they listen to is not the community at all.. it is bascially the popular youtube commentator who are now making themselves "famous" and dont really care about where they came from aka the same games we all play. 

• 27. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it
    rankismet

Foxman350 wrote:

Wouldn't game clocks be off for everyone if at some point it doesn't sync?

Unless they synced timecode, it's impossible to ensure they are recording in sync.

You can add timecode via editing softwars such as Final Cut Pro, however, if they are even a frame off, it will never sync.

• 28. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it
    Nubdub

gallp13 wrote:

Good effort. What do you wish to achieve with your vid? How will your vid achieve your goal?

I doubt it is as much about achieving a goal as it is proving a point. Of course lag is going to come into play in any online game. No one in any post I have read on this forum has disputed that. The problem is, with each new call of duty since BO1 the disparity (in ms) has become increasingly worse and more artificial. Rooms filled with only 4 bar players should not have players lagging 500ms behind but this game has exactly that and its not rare. In fact, in my experience, more than 50% of games I play in where ALL players have 4 bars, I see a 500ms disparity existing in encounters with certain players. 

There is something else that has been added to the last 3 games causing an artificial disparity between what 2 players see that is not equal to the difference in ping. Is it a CPU issue, a coding issue, a RAM issue? No one knows. The lack of ANY response from Treyarch only promotes more posts like this and adds to the speculation. People who constantly defend the current game state have lost all credibility with the readers and posters and are wasting there time trying to defend what we ALL can see with our own eyes. So please stop wasting your time trying to derail, vilify, and berate posters who only want REAL answers.

• 29. Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

PERFECT. Just perfect.

I want to turn this comment into its own thread!!

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next