1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 3:25 PM by mn7_la Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    Algorndeanza

They tend to do bans in chunks not one at a time. And im fairly sure they do little to no research they just check the report list once a month and ban those with a certan # of reports.

Also got master prest withen 24 days of game release, I was banned on the 21st of dec for my player card and now am perma banned from showcase and player cards.

The problem is not as much them not doing anything about the player, its the amount of  butt hurt  people reporting for no reason other then because they can.

My player card was not offensive nor did I hack or boost , but almost every game the first few weeks I had people in lobby out right yelling at me as a cheater and try to rally others to report me.

Just because i have no life and play games to much doesn't ,make me a cheater. But crybaby report spammers are your problem. I can never post in showcase or playercards now just because i played more then the haters.

Hackers boosters play less then the real deal , the sad thing is your more likely to get reported if you play more, then if your a hacker.

(oh look a master prest, better report him just in case)

• 21. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    dubhicks

I'm not trying to portray that they are doing nothing at all. I have only my records to go by, and as of right now, well not so much. I have 3 prestige 12 guys with less than 5 days played and no gold trophy for prestiging just playing and playing. They seem to always be signed in lol.

• 22. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    Dropin_Noobs

Welcome to DoWhatEverTheHellYouWantArch

• 23. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    dubhicks

I do not ever blindly report a PM just because of their level. I do my research and spend plenty of time comparing trophies to find the legit ones. I am not guessing when I report, it is always on hard evidence. I spend a lot of time viewing profiles etc to make sure I get it right, and I'd want people to do the same of me. There have been plenty of PM's I was sure were fakes only to find out they had all the right markers and thus did not get reported.

• 24. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    Algorndeanza

Well I am sure all the people reporting players are as up to the job of researching the people they report as you are so , whew for a moment i was thinking some people were rash impulsive jelouse and judgemental .

• 25. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    WolfRidge

Yeah agree, well said, I don't know what the majority think about the game? Using an unscientific poll of my friends list, Only a few play any more and will not buy any DLC.

If this was my first COD game, maybe I would think it was amazing, also if I was a new player and didn't visit the forums I may not even realise people were boosting.

Ignorance is Bliss....

• 26. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    WolfRidge

Players don't get banned because they were reported, they get banned because they cheated.

If a player doesn't cheat they have nothing to worry about.

• 27. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    dubhicks

I digress, the community is fickle and not really worth trusting. I just don't know why they put the report function in our hands to begin with. IMO should have a dedicated team to handle this stuff.

• 28. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    Disiple73

ok so you got banned in the first month of being on line.   i can understand that you have no life and play BO2 for hours on in.  Here is my question for you all and the prestige masters,  i have notice many of them are now dublicating a higher timeline prestige master but the thing i report is when i look at your guns and see you have 8 or 9 master weapons,  am i wrong in this or do you think in 10 days you can get 7 or 8 weapons master.

• 29. Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?
    jeepchick

They do. Where do you think the reports go?

I like the in game reporting because then everyone that plays the game is able to help keep the community on the right track. We're all able to report users that boost/hack/glitch. That's a pretty powerful option to have in game, and I'm glad we have the option.