14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 12:31 PM by rednotch RSS

Anyone else embarrassed to play this game?

I'm not an amazing player but since cod 3 I've been great at some cods or at least able to hold my own. Black ops 2 and I'm beasting for 2 games,then I'm nothing. I'm embarrassed  to be on teams, I've had to stop using my mic and muting players as I'm going 1-15 ect ,I can't kill anyone, I can throw a stun , pop out to shoot,bam dead instantly. I can't rush, can't fall back and resort to camping. Whole matches just racking up deaths. I'm ashamed to be in the lobby at the end of the match, I've been mocked, I want to say "I shot people , but they don't die" but whats the point. I'd rather play a game now but instead I'm on here posting instead of hosting.

• Re: Anyone else embarrassed to play this game?
    ColoradoStateRams

i play hardcore search and destroy and have been playing that game mode ever since cod 4. i cant stand anything core because it takes half of a clip to kill someone. if you are on ps3 add me: ArcTic_RaDar and we can play. i get at least 7 kills every game and around 3 deaths. use an smg with a foregrip and put on lightweight, extreme conditioning, and dead silence. use a claymore, that gets you 2-3 kills per game as well. with ec and lightweight you can get to their spawn in seconds and they wont be expecting you. on certain maps there are places to rush to and get kills before they even have a chance to get there. all of the "good" players, meaning non-noobs and non-campers play hardcore search and destroy. hope this helps!

Ezcru

Its because treyarch keeps adding 250 ms ping delay to you so little Juan from mexico can get his UAV

Frank_D

This is so true. I live in south Texas and I can't get a good game. Because of my geographic location I am always put in lobbies with players from Mexico. They just teleport around the map and absorb bullets like a sponge. I am putting this game away until (hopefully) a patch is released.

rednotch

lmfao I'm in Nj the brightest part of the online map yet I still get games full of mexicans and they sure ain't from south philly or camden, The match making sucks.I even get french lobbies sometimes. I have very fast internet and while I was playing wired with an open nat I had the same issues. I screwed around with my modem until I got a modrate nat type and play wireless now and it seems to some what even the playing feild. I still get 4 bars in every room and have issues with people with 3 or less getting a good jump on me but atleast now I can get a shot off before instant deaths.

I don't feel so bad I bought it on sale after christmas for 30 bucks  thinking they would have fixed most bugs. I remember black ops 1 where it was unplayable if you got host, not much different in this one lol.

Izjar11

robster77783 wrote:

I'm not an amazing player but since cod 3 I've been great at some cods or at least able to hold my own. Black ops 2 and I'm beasting for 2 games,then I'm nothing. I'm embarrassed  to be on teams, I've had to stop using my mic and muting players as I'm going 1-15 ect ,I can't kill anyone, I can throw a stun , pop out to shoot,bam dead instantly. I can't rush, can't fall back and resort to camping. Whole matches just racking up deaths. I'm ashamed to be in the lobby at the end of the match, I've been mocked, I want to say "I shot people , but they don't die" but whats the point. I'd rather play a game now but instead I'm on here posting instead of hosting.

Yea I hear you, its the connectivity with this game that really cannot allow you to play as equals.

wrecku

I'm embarrassed because I am playing with a bunch of children. What happened to all the adults ?? The game has an age rating and 80% of the players are squeaky annoying kids. Where did my adult version of the game go.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

all i play is HC KC. if i stop to play strategically, i get killed from behind. every time., if i rush, i have to hope to win gun fights and use Engineer to see explosives.

it is impossible for me to settle down long enough to stop and think.

i don't mind as i am a "rusher", but sometimes i'd like to snipe or just stop and look around once in a while. it's almost... stressful...?

BlackhawkbillOO7

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one. All I play is HC CTF and I am one of my clans Flag Runners so I am always going... There are times that I wish I could just stop and snipe a little but I am always working on getting the enemies flag. Between my buddy and I we have about 2400 captures but it does get stressful.

IndyOldGuy

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT wrote:

all i play is HC KC. if i stop to play strategically, i get killed from behind. every time., if i rush, i have to hope to win gun fights and use Engineer to see explosives.

it is impossible for me to settle down long enough to stop and think.

i don't mind as i am a "rusher", but sometimes i'd like to snipe or just stop and look around once in a while. it's almost... stressful...?

Thats what drives me nuts about this game, you cant stop and think for 2 seconds because someone has already spawned behind you shooting you in the back, or someoe is running around the map at light speed....theres no 'thought' to this game, its just who can run faster and has faster reflexes

Yeah I totally agree with that, little things like in black ops 1, some times I'd see an enemy but it could be a risky shot where I don't kill the player,but may give away my position so I may choose not to, this game I just shoot regardless, cuz my bullets may not register either way or I'm gonna get shot anyway so just frantically shot and move try stay alive.

h1r0l3r

Embarassed playing the game? No.

Embarassed that I bought the Care Package Edition AND the Season Pass? Sort of.

I have outstanding games playing HC KC. I've gone 38-11, 40-10 even 55-16 which is great since I'm just an average player. Then, I'll go 1-8 ragequit, 5-10 ragequit, and 3-11 ragequit. It's like the game knows I'm doing well and that's unacceptable so it'll give me host and make me lag horribly until I shut off the game or it'll just make the game freeze on its own.

Had I known the issues would've been this bad, I would've just waited for a used copy to become available and get the game then. But, I'm in the hole almost $240 so I have no choice but to continue playing.

This is the part that I'm embarassed about.

BlackhawkbillOO7

It's the inconsistency that annoys me the most. As you stated above you can completely own on one match then on the next match you can't hit anything. If I had to be embarrassed it would be on behalf of the developers and communications folks at Treyarch. Their total lack of leadership and communication to their customers is what is really embarrassing.

We (the PS3 Community) are not alone. I posted a couple weeks ago in the Xbox forum to see if they too were having issues and they were able to confirm my suspicions. It's the same for them as well, as it relates the inconsistent gameplay.