22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 1:02 PM by Im_A_Drag85 RSS

Hipfiring?

ghamorra

What are your thoughts on hipfiring with or without the Laser Sight? Personally I think it's too easy to go around a whole match and get kills without ever ADSing. In fact, I think it's more accurate and more to your advantage to hipfire rather than ADS on enemies inside 15-20ft (4-5m)

This isn't factoring the Laser Sight though. Add that to any gun and you really don't need to aim, just put the Laser around chest high and spray. The first few shots are always dead center so the winner is rarely who has the better aim but who's gun can spray a wall of bullets faster

• Re: Hipfiring?
    SUM1SLY83

I don't think it's that good in this game tbh i do much better hipfire on all the other cods,the laser doesn't seem to make much difference too i thought once they nerfed the smg's it made the laser useless.

I know this is about hipfire but do you think the grip even works i try'd using it on the MSMC & PDW-57 this should give the guns 4 blocks of accuracy witch would put it above the MTAR,but there is no way in hell it's as accurate as the MTAR without grip nvm with it.

ghamorra

There's a video floating around where someone compared the accuracy on weapons with and without the Grip. It was determined that there was 0 difference and the video was very well done. I too have noticed there being no difference

I'm surprised that you say hipfiring isn't that great. I've seen far too many (and I do mean many) people hipfire as their primary means of shooting. Hell, there's times I don't hipfire just to see if I can kill someone without ADSing and most of the time (if not all the time) I do

SUM1SLY83

I like hipfire but just seems it doesn't work as good anymore,so now i find myself ads-ing all the time and i hate doing that when you are running and gunning it's just not effective to ads.

This was done by DriftOr on Youtube. He first said it did nothing but changed that to a very unnoticeable amount of recoil negation.

The Vonderhaar himself commented on it (said it was untrue obviously)

Watch his vids, they are great.

Im_A_Drag85

The foregrip is mainly for eliminating recoil while aiming down sights and even without the laser sight, most all the SMGs perform better while hip firing.

I do it all the time mowing people down on KC

BanHaMMer

Its a legitimate way to fire a weapon, other than a Snipers rifle. A lot of FPS have "hip fire" albiet they have much smaller "deadzones" than COD. So its a lot harder in those games to get a headshot etc.

WhyNoName

I started using the laser to complete some challenges and it actually makes the game pretty simple with an SMG.  You can run extended mags, laser, and long barrel and not have to run quick draw or fast mags or any of the accuracy attachments when ADSing.  It basically creates a super class when using lightweight and extreme conditioning.  Pair this with the pdw and it's pretty hard to deal with.

SUM1SLY83

So how do you stop the smg guns pulling up and to the right when ADS-ing i thought the grip was suppose to stop that. I was testing some guns on a wall in private match on a wall the MTAR all the bullets group together i try'd the pdw-57 same distance and with grip and the gun keeps pulling up and to the right.

It's not consistent like the MTAR smgs bullets just land randomly all over the place and i wasn't shooting really far.

TRU11

if you want to do the head shot challenges for camo i suggest you use the laser and hipfire away lol.

its easier and it registers better then simply ADS and aim.

it actually takes more bullets when you ADS and aim ( no matter distance) then when you just hip fire.

gigitygigity

It's wierd that. I notice the same thing. Also, I drop shot and I find I get a lot of headshots if I drop shot some one when hip firing. Now how does that work exactly???

ChestSplittah

This is what CoD has come to. Sad but it for the person that has difficulties doing anything that requires patience and skill. Just wait until people get on Grind and that's all they do with a map that has a crap load of curves.Just ease around the curve being a hipster.

Good post.

I've nothing against hipfiring, but it seems way too easy on this game. On other COD games when people hipfired it was 50 - 50 if they killed you or vice versa. On this game i'm getting killed about 90% of time by hipfiring.

Hardly anyone uses ADS anymore, unless it's from a fair distance. I try hipfiring more than I used to but I'm used to ADS, and a lot of time I forget. I use quickdraw but still doesn't seem to work.

The skill of aiming seems to have disappeared with these games. It's just spray and pray as everyone seems to say.

BukLau101

Sometimes I think I'm playing Counter Strike . The hipfire boxes for SMGs ARs and maybe shotguns (I don't use shotguns too often so correct me if I'm wrong) need to be increased so more people might start aiming down their sights.

h1r0l3r

Personally, I thought hipfiring in MW3 was horrid. I mean, how can you hipfire someone with a Barrett from 30-40 feet away? Can't recall how many times I'd get Barrett spammed and wind up dying. In BO2 it's almost as bad but not quite. Any SMG with laser is pretty much hipfiring gold. AR's and LMG's aren't as good but it gets old really fast when you get hosed down with SMG spray from 30-40 feet away.

Highwayman0226

There is no reward for taking your time to ADS.  To the contrary, you die to the guy hipfiring most of the time.

ghamorra

This is what annoys me the most. My accuracy is pretty high across the board on all weapons. Shotties it's upwards of 60-70% (Including the KSG), ARs and SMGs it's around 20+% and yet my K/D is sub 1.5. This only tells me that spraying a gun is best way to play

phxs72

I'm so old school that I can remember when hipfiring was the only option.  So I don't have a problem with it.  I think the hipfire in BO2 is very similar to what it was in MW3 that is without the laser sight.  I hipfired SMGs in MW3 all the time and often ARs for close range battles. 

What, however, may have been missed which makes the hipfire seem so easy is the introduction of the laser sight. It's great "training wheels" for those that have never really practiced hipfire before and as such has amplified the usage of hipfire over what it was in past titles.

I find the only laser sight comes in handy if you are trying to hit longer range or if you are trying to train your aim for headshots.  But anywhere close range and I really don't see much of a difference with or without it. 

Yup, accuracy and actually aiming are punished in FPS' anymore. I don't understand why if I aim down the sights my gun magically becomes 50 times heavier and I can barely move it side to side to aim.

I don't quickscope because I'm not a loser kid who lets the game do the work for me. I actually aim and this game punishes every aspect of that.

1) Where I see the target isn't actually where the target is because of the connection issues, mostly created from the horrible matchmaking system.

2) If I ADS I can now only turn at like half the speed. This is not neccesary and makes hitting moving targets that much harder. Meanwhile the guy who just starts spraying picks the person off most of the time.

3) I take the time to actually aim, which even their own tips say is more accurate, yet my bullets then miss the target even when my sight is over them. Meanwhile the idiot turns around, holds fire and I'm done.  I've gotten used to just hipfiring because it is so overpowered and I get more kills now than ever before when I would almost always ADS

4) When the top of their head is the only thing visible and I get 2-3 hitmarkers but no headshot kill. Then they shoot through the object and I'm dead.

Im_A_Drag85

When running an SMG, the easiest and sadly more accurate thing to do is hipfire!

When running ARs I always find myself using the sights more keeping me away from close engagements.

I also have a class where I'm running overkill with the M27 and EVO with fast hands, so when I need to sprint and/or clear a room, I've got options