20 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 11:30 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Stats reset: Cheaters or not?

Izjar11

COD,

Are those who come here and claim to have their stats reset for "no reason" in their majority cheaters / boosters?

I keep reading how Treyarch will reset your stats if you cheat, so those who post "stats reset" are they cheaters claiming they did nothing wrong?

What does this community say?

• Re: Stats reset: Cheaters or not?
    Xaiyu

Cheaters should get -10k deaths + 1k loss

and should get a glowing head in game to indicate they cheat, so they can be spotted easily (:

sdredger

i think the majority are cheaters, and a lot of the "prestige masters" who come on here saying they are worried about getting reset..

dangerz1989

There is a stats reset glitch that resets your account without breaking any rules. From what I have read it also happens on Xbox and affects accounts in different ways. You could be reset to level 1 no prestige, lost some levels or prestige, have millions of kills with a gun or used scorestreaks/equipment millions of times without affection your k/d and spm, lose perm unlocks and calling cards, have weird stats like 1.500000e+08 .

Theres alot of topics on this in technical support. It also happened to me but hasn't been fixed. You get your stats reset if you play multiplayer on local versus bots and then play online.

Happened to me after a playing a local game on my 1st prestige second account, contacted Cutpurse and was given my rank back within 24hrs. The funny thing is everthing is back to normal except spm which was at around 350 before the reset but was 0 afterwards and after one quick game is now at a mighty 3

Izjar11

Im starting to think the vast majority of these stats reset are cheaters / boosters. Way way to much coincidence.

Since cheaters/boosters would also likely have no problem lying about the situation online or elsewhere, it does make it difficult for a layperson to know what is happening.

It is certainly more comfortable to think that the hours you've put in to this game are safe because you haven't cheated personally.

Unfortunately you won't know what the case is until it happens to you or to someone you trust well enough to not be a liar.

I was 8 hours away from max prestige and had everything reset after a morning of glitchy games (not too uncommon with black ops 2). I've never cheated or boosted in this COD or any other.

Activision support (feel free to wait 45 minutes on hold and ask them yourself) claimed this was a pretty widespread problem and that they're working on it.

Of course, you can tell yourself I'm also a booster/cheater who has been caught out and has no problem lying about it on the internet. In which case, I hope you find out for yourself

Izjar11

If you are legit, then you should get your information back. If it were to happen to me, I know who to contact and seek help from.

But the matter of fact is there is no clear way for us outside players to identify who is crying wolf and who is legit. You state it happen to you, but how do we know this is true, if the said legit stats were erased.

It is beginning to seem suspicious that many who have claim stats reset are potential cheat or boosters who have had  their stats reset for a reason, typically they will always claim innocence or "ignorance" on the subject.

Maybe I am being to harsh its just feels that way.

Then why worry about it? If there's no clear way to identify who's crying wolf and who's not, then just ignore the posts altogether and move on.

It's not as if there's anything you can do to help fix their stats anyway if they're being legit, nor do you have the ability to ban them if they're not, so what difference does it make if you (or I, or anyone else on these forums) believe these people or not?

The only thing that matters is whether or not the DEVS believe them.

Izjar11

Mojo33 wrote:

Then why worry about it? If there's no clear way to identify who's crying wolf and who's not, then just ignore the posts altogether and move on.

It's not as if there's anything you can do to help fix their stats anyway if they're being legit, nor do you have the ability to ban them if they're not, so what difference does it make if you (or I, or anyone else on these forums) believe these people or not?

The only thing that matters is whether or not the DEVS believe them.

Oh im not worried at all, I'm just pointing out that those who do might be the new "cheaters" disguised in stat resets or it was a glitch thing.

I'll leave it at that, the subject is meaningless, thanks for posting though Mojo your points are welcomed and insightful. Cheers.

There is definitely a bug involving local play against bots. Many people have experienced it, have reported it to Cutpurse, and had it rectified.

Playing local against bots is basically a crapshoot. I would often use it as a way of testing certain weapons before commiting an unlock token, and then one day BAM. I logged into multiplayer and got the message that my stats had been reset, except my stats were fine. However, all of my unspent unlock tokens and custom classes were gone, and I discovered that I now had many calling cards unlocked that I hadn't earned, so it was obviously not an official reset (not to mention that I had never cheated).

Luckily this happened right when I was close to Prestiging for the first time anyway, so I just Prestiged and started over anyway, reaccumulating unlock tokens and rebuilding my classes as normal.

I still have all the extra calling cards, but I am very careful to only display and use the ones I've earned legitimately.

So, long story short, I can attest first hand that there is in fact a reset bug involving ofgline play versus bots. Now when I want to test stuff offline, I only do so on my alt account, just to be safe.

Foxhound-Pro

The community can think whatever they want to, but the appropriate way to handle your peers coming to the boards to argue or claim innocence is to simply point them to customer support.