1 2 3 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2013 11:55 AM by SitRepPro RSS

I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

I'm sorry I'm just so sick of every game being 80% SMG's it's just too frustrating. I'm just so tired of always being killed by an SMG I rarely see people using AR's and LMG's, SMG's are just so overused it's sickening. Please balance these guys it's pretty retarded being out ranged and over powered by an SMG. The recoil on them should be rediculous and their accuracy should be a hell of a lot lower. What it really boils down to is variety. Not only do people use mainly SMG's but it is always between PDW, Vector, & Skorpion EVO. I just want to see people using more guns!

• 1. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

Yeah, its hard to explain but they did kill the "Touch & Feel" from previous COD, this just don´t feel the same with this "Competitive" tweaks.

• 2. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

I just wanna be killed by something other than an SMG. Just the noise of them is annoying to me now, especially silenced lol. I don't know what it is but I feel like I'm getting worse at the game. MW2 I could go 30/5 or more and call in AC-130's almost every game and every so often get a nuke. Black Ops 1 my KDR was 1.72 overall (which is decent for me imo). MW3 is where I started to fall off, my score was getting worse and while I did go positive it was nothing like I use to be ex: I'd go 20/12 or somewhere along those lines. Now Black Ops 2 my score is all over the place at first I had a hard time breaking even, then all of a sudden I started doing great around 25/5 on a regular basis, and now it's gone back to having a hard time just breaking even and I find myself getting frustrated more and more at this CoD than any other and a big part of it is SMG's and ofc the spawning (nothing like spawning and running forward only to get shot in the back). I also feel like I can't snipe anymore and that really sucks because I LOVE sniping (not a quickscoper AT ALL) lol but that probably has a lot to do with the maps...the whole thing probably has a lot to do with the maps actually. They seem a lot smaller than previous CoDs.

• 3. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

First off smgs are over used in every cod game this nothing new. Also this game was built by the devs to be fast pace game this why you have small maps. Run -n- gun players love smgs for there mobility & high rate of fire. But it doesn't matter because I run n gun every game it doesn't matter if I rush with a smg, shotgun or assault rifle I still get called a noob for using "noob" weapons. People hate dying I get that so play smarter stop raging at what gun someone using all the weapons are balanced nicely. If not do not play

• 4. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

I've always been run n gun but rarely with an SMG. I'm all about the assault rifles and snipers. The fact that they are balancing it around close quarters and SMG's makes me wish they'd remove the Call of DUty title from it and just call it Black Ops as a stand alone game. Previos CoDs SMG's were NOT overused. A lot of people used the UMP but you'd actually see a variety in guns people used. MW2 some would use the M4 others would use the TAR and some would use the AK, there was variety in the weapons. For this one it's all about SMG's. Yes they have high mobility and rate of fire but the problem is their power and accuracy makes their rate of fire too strong. It's all come down to which gun shoots faster.

• 5. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.
    deamonomic

the cure to this is simple. stop caring so much what the enemy is doing.

• 6. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.

I see a ton of.fals,lsats,dsr50,type25,shotguns,b23r,

M8A1,and smgs being used so it's not all smgs

• 7. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.
    SitRepPro

FenixHero wrote:

I've always been run n gun but rarely with an SMG. I'm all about the assault rifles and snipers. The fact that they are balancing it around close quarters and SMG's makes me wish they'd remove the Call of DUty title from it and just call it Black Ops as a stand alone game. Previos CoDs SMG's were NOT overused. A lot of people used the UMP but you'd actually see a variety in guns people used. MW2 some would use the M4 others would use the TAR and some would use the AK, there was variety in the weapons. For this one it's all about SMG's. Yes they have high mobility and rate of fire but the problem is their power and accuracy makes their rate of fire too strong. It's all come down to which gun shoots faster.

Ah an AR user is moaning at the SMG bias.  BO1 was basically ARs and there were very few maps that catered for sniping (probably just Array really) and who would bother using an LMG?  Just use the Famas.  Ummm MP40 from WaW was pretty popular but you could beat them with the Thompson.

• 8. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.
    NoLifeKing29

The guns are balanced, stop worrying about what people use and understand that your gun is going to be at a disadvantage in certain situations but you will also have the advantage in others. Use your weapon properly and you can maximize the situations where you have the advantage.

• 9. Re: I can't play this game anymore, too many SMG's it's frustrating.
    gallp13

- I use LMGs and ARs

- I see just as many SMGs as you

- I do not have an issue winning my share of gun fights

- Folks pay their money and can use what they want

- Its not all about you.

TL:DR -  learn to play or play something else

1 2 3 Previous Next