1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 5:57 AM by SitRepPro Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Nerf EMP grenades
    SitRepPro

superbob wrote:

Ground War and Chaos are spammed with lightning strikes/hellstorm, which is basically the new predator missles (hellstorm more so)

And I don't really use scorestreaks that kill things. I was just running guardian/sentry today for some easy xp so I could reach Prestige Master faster and noticed how stupidly easy it was to destroy my stuff. I still dropped 3KD games with my gun but I could have had a ton more score/kills if it wasn't so easy.

I admittedly don't play Ground War in this game because it lags too much for me.  Really enjoyed it in COD4 though.  The Hellstorm Missile is like a Pred but it's not like everyone's first killstreak to chain the next ones more easily.  Thankfully the Lightning Strike got a nerf because that was a bit ridiculous in how easy it was to get quad kills with it.  I could get triples quite a lot in normal TDM so I'd hate what it's like for Ground War.

You could play Hardpoint if ranking is your priority.  Secure a hardpoint, let enemies take it, kill them and recapture it.  Rinse and repeat.  Then have VSAT/something else/Swarm as your scorestreaks.  Equip Hardline too.

• 61. Re: Nerf EMP grenades
    snoops07

EMP grenades are OP.  Simple as that.  Luckily not very many people use it.   Anyone that says different just simply doesn't care because it doesn't effect them much.   They're using other killstreaks ors not helping defend objectives and could care less about defense.

It makes defensive equipment retarded.   Defensive equipment are pretty nice on objective games and can help sway a battle that might of appeared lost.  

I have a class ready with EMP grenades.  I don't run it unless I see a guardian or sentry gun.   Soon as my main class dies, I switch to the emp class and take them out.  I've taken out double sentry guns and a guardian with one EMP before.  How retarded.  Then I just simply switch back to my main class.  It's OP.  

I agree, maybe disable them for a sec and maybe shed off 25% of it's hitpoints.   But to completely destroy them is silly. 

• 62. Re: Nerf EMP grenades
    ab36

I think how the AGR gets temporarily disabled with EMPs but not completely destroyed (it's needed to be shot with bullets or rockets from my experience) is how EMP grenades should act more often. Or at least make it require two EMP grenades to destroy a Sentry or Guardian, because as it stands now you can have a team being smart and setting up a series of Guardians and Sentries to defend positions (like they're supposed to), and then have one person spawn with one EMP grenade, probably throw it in the general vicinity of the streaks and suddenly get +250 or something for destroying everything there.

And I'm not just saying this because it happens to my streaks, since I don't often use those two, but even when other teams use it against the teams I'm playing on, it's a bit unfair that a mid-level streak is destroyed (through walls even) with a tactical grenade.

At least with black-hats you have to point it at the equipment and wait for it to be hacked. I've used EMP grenades (and still do) but I think it'd make a bit more sense in terms of balance to at least make it required to use 2 EMP grenades to disable those scorestreaks like they do

• 63. Re: Nerf EMP grenades

Emp nades are fine. Yeah I've taken out 2 sentry guns & guardians at once. But who fault is that morons stack equipment  on top of each other

• 64. Re: Nerf EMP grenades
    SitRepPro

snoops07 wrote:

EMP grenades are OP.  Simple as that.  Luckily not very many people use it.   Anyone that says different just simply doesn't care because it doesn't effect them much.   They're using other killstreaks ors not helping defend objectives and could care less about defense.

It makes defensive equipment retarded.   Defensive equipment are pretty nice on objective games and can help sway a battle that might of appeared lost.  

I have a class ready with EMP grenades.  I don't run it unless I see a guardian or sentry gun.   Soon as my main class dies, I switch to the emp class and take them out.  I've taken out double sentry guns and a guardian with one EMP before.  How retarded.  Then I just simply switch back to my main class.  It's OP.  

I agree, maybe disable them for a sec and maybe shed off 25% of it's hitpoints.   But to completely destroy them is silly. 

It takes out multiple stuff because of the blast radius.  Only thing that makes it OP is that it can still stun people if you're close enough.  Don't care for the rest.  Just make it so Trophy Systems are harder to destroy, then you can protect your Guardians/Sentry Guns.  It's set in 2025 so I'd expect electronic warfare to have advanced way further than the waste of space it was in MW3.  If you flank a Guardian you can still kill them with your gun.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next