14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 5:30 AM by clarettrick RSS

I think I've finally had enough

This game has been so hit or miss (miss mostly) for me it's not funny. It's completely broken for me. I'm always lagging, always a half a second or more behind the rest of the players. Tonight was horrible, most games over 1 second behind when using best search option.

I don't get it. I have everything on my network setup up properly, open nat, and I always have a four bar connection (at least 95% of the time) but I'm always lagging behind everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that my connections not that strong, 7mb down, 0.5mb up with around a 50ms ping, but I never had conenctions this bad before Black Ops 2. I used to have a laggy death now and then, but never complete nights where the game was unplayable. I mean the only kills I could get tonight were equipment or grenade kills unless I came up behind people that were completely unaware. I even had people routinely turning around and killing me after I shot them. It's really to the point where the game has lost the little fun it had left. And to think in the last few days I was actually considering buying the DLC, but now I think I'm just gonna trade the game in. Time to move on.

If the game works well for you, then great, but my experience has been a extremely poor one.

• Re: I think I've finally had enough
    iivrruummii

Today connections were bad.  Got DC from XBL twice and kicked from COD server about 3 times.  This was happening all day to my friend who was trying to get his Weapon Mastery Background and he said that he would have one good game then the lobby would crash, mid-game or in the lobby.  Better luck tomarrow.

CoD doesn't need much bandwidth to play this games as a client, your internet connection should be fine as long its stable (no traffic in background and no wifi). Connection depends on your ping/jitter to the Host and the Host selection is broken since the last Hotfix x.21, Ping is a variable and can change every second. Its the Matchmaking and Host selection that is broken in this game.

The past two days for me have been horrible. Back to square one. I had thought things were getting a little better for me but no it's back to jaw dropping nonsense.

starbuckfrack

ruwal1979 wrote:

This game has been so hit or miss (miss mostly) for me it's not funny. It's completely broken for me. I'm always lagging, always a half a second or more behind the rest of the players. Tonight was horrible, most games over 1 second behind when using best search option.

I don't get it. I have everything on my network setup up properly, open nat, and I always have a four bar connection (at least 95% of the time) but I'm always lagging behind everyone else. I'll be the first to admit that my connections not that strong, 7mb down, 0.5mb up with around a 50ms ping, but I never had conenctions this bad before Black Ops 2. I used to have a laggy death now and then, but never complete nights where the game was unplayable. I mean the only kills I could get tonight were equipment or grenade kills unless I came up behind people that were completely unaware. I even had people routinely turning around and killing me after I shot them. It's really to the point where the game has lost the little fun it had left. And to think in the last few days I was actually considering buying the DLC, but now I think I'm just gonna trade the game in. Time to move on.

If the game works well for you, then great, but my experience has been a extremely poor one.

You need more than .5 up on your speed. The .5 you are at leaves you no room for error and you are at the ceiling of what you need.

But I will tell you this. Everyone has some lag in games so upgrading your internet might not help either.

weed-cobolt

I'm bored to death with crap. Why is it so extremely hard to create a game where there are no advantages due to lag and so on. Multiplayer games has is nothing new, i have never played anything so bad before. Have been playing since cod4 and before that, even though on PC, quake, quake 3 etc.

What is the root cause of this problems never fixed? Come on, companies should take care of the customers.

SitRepPro

weed-cobolt wrote:

I'm bored to death with crap. Why is it so extremely hard to create a game where there are no advantages due to lag and so on. Multiplayer games has is nothing new, i have never played anything so bad before. Have been playing since cod4 and before that, even though on PC, quake, quake 3 etc.

What is the root cause of this problems never fixed? Come on, companies should take care of the customers.

Black Ops 2 has a LOT more going on that test the performance of the connections and the Xbox.  The guns fire ridiculously fast, scorestreaks can be all over the place and added stuff like theatre mode, stat tracking like Elite are probably not helping.  That and possibly the netcode but that can only be speculated.  It might be that the game really should have been made for the successor to the 360.  It's not the first time where the gaming industry attempts trendy stuff that ought to wait so that people will take advantage of what there is to offer.

sgtDLC

FixBlops2 is right, cod takes only 3-5 kb/s bandwith, you can test that with couple of programs if you play with your console thru PC network card.

You just need stable connection, wich at least 80% of us have but this game is broken and need to be fixed.

Doesn't allow me to put link how to do it

Over 5+ days worth of playtime in blops2 and my experience has been relatively positive (compared to many).  Unfortunately, the last two days the game has been absolutely atrocious, nearly unplayable. 

SitRepPro

Sorry to hear this.  Don't bother upgrading your Internet as it may not help and contracts mean you have a failed experiment for months on end.  Your upload speed is probably fine enough, although I don't know for sure.  I've seen gamers go awesome in two matches or so and go really bad the third time or whatever.  Everyone has good matches, not so good, but even when there is a map change, I've noticed the changes in performance of players suggest something else is at work.

zingaa

Since xmas is been pretty bad for me, occasionaly I'm able to string a few good games together, but for the most part it's laughable.

indy56

Fully agree with you on this one, although i pursued this game till the end,(prestige) wise it was a struggle, i for one am not buying any new DLC, perhaps now i can finally start playing far cry 3 which has been sitting on reserve for a couple of weeks,

superbob

My experience has been horrible they entire time (it has been consistently horrible at least). When I do good in games it isn't because I am getting the good side of lag comp, it is because I am shooting people who don't see me.

If I get into a gunfight it is always 50/50 whether or not I kill them regardless if they are a try hard who goes 30-1 or a noob who goers 1-30. Anyone has a 50/50 chance to kill someone in this game with the low recoil, high damage guns that basically instantly kill someone with minimal accuracy.

This game is completly broken do yourself a favour and get rid i have seen videos lately that proves its broken...offline camera lag for a starter and mix that with the poor hit detection, lag, OP smg's and terrible map design then you know this game is terrible and not worth playing. I played cod4 last night and had no problems even black ops 1 works better than this trash. People who defend this game are dillusional and are the same people that buy this rubbish every year and also everyone needs to face the fact that this crappy game will never be good and the cod series is done.