12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 5:49 AM by thebigb82 RSS

Lag compensation BS

flameweilder8

I don't care if there are multiple threads, maybe it's just a disgustingly huge problem that needs to be fixed!?

• Re: Lag compensation BS
    ghamorra

It's not lag comp it's lag. You were lagging to so bad that lag comp could function thus you were probably skipping around on other's screens giving you that advantage

theroc23

At least this "gets it". I've been trying to tell you guys to no avail that this will not be fixed for those of us suffering through the lag comp or whatever BS you want to call it. In treyarch's mind they are fixing the game...for the masses. There's absolutely no question that they are sacrificing the minority for the 300.000 or so players that are enjoying the game on any give night. Those players are rewarded a fair fight between them and the rest of the masses that are on the right side of the lag, and as an extra bonus they are rewarded with pretty much invincibility against us losers on the wrong side of the lag.

For those that continually emote that they will eventually get it fixed. Nah, you really think they're going to turn around and pisss off the masses that are presently enjoying the massive advantage? Not going to happen and I would bet both my cars and my house on it. 

Mojo33

Finally, it seems as though you get it!

They'll never please everybody, it's just not possible and it'll never happen.

But, if they can please the majority, well, that's called good business, and it's the most that anyone can reasonably expect of them, isn't it?

theroc23

Tap the breaks there chief, and then read my post again. I've gotten "it" from the beginning as I've ALREADY stated several times. And yes, that's just business. There are write offs in every business and those suffering from lag have been written of for the betterment of the masses. But you should take careful note here, NONE of the above means that those suffering should not be upset.

ghamorra

By trying to please everyone they end up failing to please anyone. If they want a great game that people will enjoy playing they just need to make the game they way they the Devs want the game to be made.

Screw the all of us in the community (seriously), we will complain about anything. Focus on making the game functional and solid. Ignore all the pretty stuff (that can always be added later in DLC) and just make the game work

flameweilder8

ghamorra wrote:

By trying to please everyone they end up failing to please anyone. If they want a great game that people will enjoy playing they just need to make the game they way they the Devs want the game to be made.

Screw the all of us in the community (seriously), we will complain about anything. Focus on making the game functional and solid. Ignore all the pretty stuff (that can always be added later in DLC) and just make the game work

MW2 was great in the terms of lag. For those with terrible connections, they were left behind like they should be.

The funny thing is, that if nobody ever heard of the lag comp, people would just be ******** about the game lagging.

This is a huge problem for them, since there are such big differences in internet speed. This is there way to fix it. And whatever you think of the solution, it indeed works for the masses as stated above.

The next problem is the a-holes slowing there own good connection down, thus creating more "slow" users for the game. Thus creating more problems for the normal playing dudes.

The only real solution for any lag from there side is servers. If you lag on servers, its your own internet. The thing with servers is, that they will either never implent them or will implent them when the CoD series are going down in consumers.

flameweilder8

RawBrah wrote:

The funny thing is, that if nobody ever heard of the lag comp, people would just be ******** about the game lagging.

This is a huge problem for them, since there are such big differences in internet speed. This is there way to fix it. And whatever you think of the solution, it indeed works for the masses as stated above.

The next problem is the a-holes slowing there own good connection down, thus creating more "slow" users for the game. Thus creating more problems for the normal playing dudes.

The only real solution for any lag from there side is servers. If you lag on servers, its your own internet. The thing with servers is, that they will either never implent them or will implent them when the CoD series are going down in consumers.

Ever played MW2?

That was almost lag free.

People who slow their good connection down so they don't get ****** by lag comp.

Xaiyu

They should also fix when the host backs out and cant find another host, it goes back to the lobby

and you get an automatic loss for that..

So stupid.

I have less than average Internet in the uk, and I still suffer terribly from lag, so what your saying isn't entirely correct...