12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2013 9:43 PM by iivrruummii RSS

Old Ghost with Old SP.

iivrruummii

Who would like to have the old Ghost(BO) if they bring back Stopping Power(MW2) in the next Treyarch or IW game?

• Re: Old Ghost with Old SP.
    nicedrewishfela

Nope. Like it the way it is. Don't need to keep bringing back the past, change is good.

I don't mind if they bring it back as long you can't combine these two perks via wildcard.

What they should bring back is the good old connection and hit detection.

I'd be pretty interesting to see how stopping power would work out in the more modern games. It has to make gun balance a nightmare, but I think it could be done on a gun-by-gun basis. In MW2 it just gave every gun a flat 1.4 times damage bonus. This made it so it had no effect on some guns, and drastic effects on others. While some of this was probably intentional and I would like to think some thought went into it, I'd like to see how a more polished game like Black Ops 2 (in terms of many balance aspects, anyway) would play with it. I think the balance between stealth and power worked out pretty well in MW2, though I think regardless you'd probably run into the same "issue" that stopping power becomes an almost necessary perk. But as the game plays now I'd argue it's toughness which is essentially just a modified juggernaut.

I think a basic one bullet decrease to kill at all ranges would be a good place to start, with various tweaks depending on the characteristics and strengths of each gun.

iivrruummii

I was just looking at how easy it was to kill people in MW2.  Now it takes way to many bullets to get a kill with a SMG, an AR, and a LMG.  I miss the beastly shotguns like the model and the Spas, and since then they just haven't been good enough to even be a primary weapon.

The good part about MW2 was the weapons were all overpowered, which makes them all balanced in its own way. Thats what i don't understand, the Spas12 was a Secondary and it was 10x better than all the Primary Shotguns we have since then.

The user Enigma has posted a thread about lowering the Health by 75% i think, so you can kill people faster, i wouldn't mind if the developers are loweing the Health in Core if this really helps, i am gonna test this today with bots and how it works out.