22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 6:39 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

One of them... help me assimilate

nicedrewishfela

Okey dokey, so I finally got my ARs all done, Diamond, bling-bling... yeah you know how it goes.

Being a glutton for punishment, that process got me so excited that I want to try it on other weapon classes.

So.. I am going to try it on my SMGs. I know... ERMUHGERRD SO OVERPOWERED YOU NOOB! ERMUHGERRRRRRRD!

Here is the deal.. I am not too great with SMGs. I play primarily HC TDM and I have always just found them way too weak at range to be effective. So I turn to you, forum community, for tips and tricks on how to be successful with the SMGs.  What perk combos? What Attachments? How should I adjust my playstyle? Does this gun make me look fat?

Any recommendations on which one to start on? Stick with one until its done like I did with the ARs or switch on certain maps? Now, its not like I've never used the SMGs before, just not all that much. Unlocked the ChiCom CQB with my most current prestige token, and am finding it quite to my liking... but I am not getting all that many headshots...

So, I turn to you, good people of the interwebz, for my salvation. Don't crucify me for trying the SMGs, not asking for a discussion on whether or whether not they are OP (yeah, that discussion has been beaten into the ground). Asking for advice for an Assault Rifle addict attempting to make a smooth transition into the land of the Subs. Went 33-8 on Standoff with the PDW in my last match before work today, so that was encouraging.. though only 2 headshots.

Thanks all! Happy Gaming.