1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2013 10:33 AM by iHuntU Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: What Lag?
    WolfRidge

The memories... Ahhh

" Keeps on....Truckin"

• 31. Re: What Lag?
    rlbl

no

• 32. Re: What Lag?

Where you you been since FPS multiplayer was invented?   There will always be some latency, and it is Treyarch's job to balance it correctly in BO2.

• 33. Re: What Lag?
    hyper72

Niceone lol harsh but true.

• 34. Re: What Lag?
    hyper72

And over two months later there failing BIG Styley.

• 35. Re: What Lag?
    s_paw1

I used to say the same until BO2.When playing MW3, I use to come at the forum just to see almost everyone mentioning lag when I barely got any. I got a few but only if others in my house used netflix or other streaming. While on game, any gunfight I lost, i blamed it on myself.

Now, putting more focus on how I die (because I die a lot on BO2), I found out enemies were split seconds ahead of me. Killcam would show me not shooting at all when I have already shot few rounds. The rest of the game feels normal mostly but you are always few split seconds behind enemies.

There was a video posted earlier on this forum about lag compensation. If you look at the video you will know whats going on.

• 36. Re: What Lag?
    theroc23

Re: "There was a video posted earlier on this forum about lag compensation. If you look at the video you will know whats going on."

Haha! Not unless someone beats them over the head, and I'm not even sure that would work. In reality those that are constantly on the right side of the lag problem are not really interested in entertaining the idea that they might have an unfair advantage while they are in "beast mode". lol

• 37. Re: What Lag?
    Mojo33

"Now, putting more focus on how I die (because I die a lot on BO2), I found out enemies were split seconds ahead of me. Killcam would show me not shooting at all when I have already shot few rounds. The rest of the game feels normal mostly but you are always few split seconds behind enemies."

This is exactly what I used to see on previous COD titles. On this one, it seems like more of 1/2 - 1 second difference (as opposed to 1 - 2 seconds). Still not perfect, but certainly better than I was experiencing before.

As for people who might think that I'm on the "right side of the lag problem" or that I'm enjoying "an unfair advantage", I've upgraded my internet package from the standard to the best available since playing BO1.

If paying double what I used to for internet service provides me with an advantage, then I'll gladly take it, than you very much!

• 38. Re: What Lag?

I agree with this. I'll have and amazing game winning multiple of 1 on 1 fire fights then the next game comes and suddenly I'm losing every single 1 on 1. I highly doubt I'm having massive reductions in my reaction times routinely when playing back to back games.

Whole issue just comes down to the company trying to do cheap little BS patches instead of actually spending money and having its own servers.

In other words.. improving the players experience is wayyyy down on the priority list compared to making sure the companies spending isn't increased.

• 39. Re: What Lag?
    dubhicks

This explains why so many people are doing the "assault shield/head glitch" thing. If someone plants the shield, and the animations don't catch up with what is going on, then it is no wonder why people can kill me over an assault shield even if I have where their head would pop up in my sniper sight. Complete BS.