1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 70 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 9:24 PM by Izjar11 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 40. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

Maybe its age versus good manners, to many people seem to think that just because its the internet they can behave in a manner that in real life would probably get them punched in the face a lot..

• 41. Re: Generation Y + X
    BlackhawkbillOO7

Nice post

• 42. Re: Generation Y + X
    rlbl

maturity... not age.

I know some 15 year olds who are more mature than some people I know my own age.

• 43. Re: Generation Y + X
    rlbl

very nice, and 100% agree.

(It is not very usual to read a well thought out and put together post)

Sometimes I wonder if we (the mature, vocal and educated people of all ages) are a forgotten breed, that the game developers do not consider when releasing their products.

The gamers of yester-year have not moved on to do other things... we are still here, and questioning where we are putting our coin.

• 44. Re: Generation Y + X
    cynicaldriver

We are, and we aren't. I was born in 1982, the same year Rare (originally called "Ultimate Play The Game," stupid name, glad they changed it) was founded, a company that went on to produce Goldeneye 007 for the N64. I bring them up because it's a good example to show what I am going to say.

The developers want to cater to us (you and I, the mature gamers) because we know what we want, and we can communicate that. We also will tend to be more loyal and purchase sequals and the like.

The producers (Activision, EA, Microsoft, etc...) want to cater to the younger people because they bring in the money from parents who are looking to keep their kids out of their hair for longer than three minutes. Ultimately, most games are sold to parents who are buying them for their kids.

The stockholders demand nothing but profit. They don't care about awards, quality, loyal fan-bases, or any of the stuff that is actually required to keep a company alive in this industry. Wall Street can be very short-sighted that way.

Now, back to Rare. They produced Killer Instinct (way better than Mortal Kombat at the time, IMO) and Goldeneye 007. These are arguably their two best games, but didn't really "fit" the Nintendo mold. They also produced the Donkey Kong Country series (which I thought were amazing games, played and beat them all as a kid) that did "fit" the Nintendo mold. They had plans to continue working down this line of success, which would have brought us a proper Donkey Kong game on the Wii, and the Gamecube.

The problem is, they got bought by Microsoft, who only cared about the money and "prestige" the name brought to Microsoft's game division. Ultimately, Microsoft decided to make so many changes and demands on the company that the original Rare founders left the company. Now its "focus" is on Kinect games, which already have a limited market because not everyone wants/owns a kinect. Microsoft's pursuit of profits crushed a company that DID bring the gamers what they wanted.

So, we get heard... We just get shut down by profiteers. Sad, but true.

• 45. Re: Generation Y + X
    Izjar11

What you see in these forums is a direct result of flared emotions (anger, betrayal, disappointment, machoism, fear, regret, etc...) People are disappointed with how this game has turned out, angry because nothing is being done, afraid of being called a "loser," and regret being so "invested" in a franchise that obviously doesn't appreciate them. It will calm down, but that will take two things...

Time, because most will just filter out and leave as new games come out, or their lives lead them away from having such time to invest.

Change, from Treyarch (Trollarch as I like to call them.) Treyarch NEEDS to put out some real fixes, because it is utterly destroying the community around this franchise.

Good post.

Again, it's all about maturity, state of mind, and a lack of any other outlet to vent.

They aren't "bad people," just angered fans. We are all here because we love ths franchise. Remember that, because it's our common bond.

And that is why I extended a truce to those who I might have offended or insulted. We are all here for the game.

• 46. Re: Generation Y + X
    cynicaldriver

Izjar11 wrote:

What you see in these forums is a direct result of flared emotions (anger, betrayal, disappointment, machoism, fear, regret, etc...) People are disappointed with how this game has turned out, angry because nothing is being done, afraid of being called a "loser," and regret being so "invested" in a franchise that obviously doesn't appreciate them. It will calm down, but that will take two things...

Time, because most will just filter out and leave as new games come out, or their lives lead them away from having such time to invest.

Change, from Treyarch (Trollarch as I like to call them.) Treyarch NEEDS to put out some real fixes, because it is utterly destroying the community around this franchise.

Good post.

Again, it's all about maturity, state of mind, and a lack of any other outlet to vent.

They aren't "bad people," just angered fans. We are all here because we love ths franchise. Remember that, because it's our common bond.

And that is why I extended a truce to those who I might have offended or insulted. We are all here for the game.

1) Thanks

2) I know that... I was putting it out there for everyone, not directly at you

• 47. Re: Generation Y + X
    Jake02

Good thread… I don’t post much, but I do read a lot. Don’t have much to add to what has already been written either, just that I am 50+ and still gaming, still have my original game tag from the PlayStation Underground days.

• 48. Re: Generation Y + X
    TRU11

goddamm you guys are some old farts 

yall blame it on the lagg , i say nah it might be them old bones whuhahhahah.

all jokes a side though, i might not be as old as you guys (28) but i agree with what you guys are saying.

myself been playing cod since MW but i never been on the forum because well i never had any complaints.

i signed up though with MW3 when i noticed that the host got screwed over alot and i shared some views now and then.

With BO2 its when i decided to become more active cause i dont like what way this franchise is heading and i am just shaking my head with threads that are being made about weapons this and perks that.

Ill support you old timers as much as i can

• 49. Re: Generation Y + X
    gambit1969

Wait until i get my walking frame so i can kick your butt, you young wippersnapper.........

1 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next