1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 2:42 PM by MTFCleeMSE Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    flameweilder8

obee72 wrote:

When is everyone going to realise, THEY CAN'T FIX THE LAG. Its a byproduct of online gaming and more and more people playing with better connections. I only have a 4-5MB service (no fiber in area yet :-( ) and its laggy as hell !!! There is no magical fix coming that will make it better for everyone and dedicated servers won't help. Other games don't experience lag to this extend as they don't have the fanbase of COD. I don't know what they are going to do but something needs to change for the next generation of consoles or else they are going to lose loyal fans.

FWIW This is the worst COD to date for me, crap sound, crap weapons, crap maps. I've lost the will to play like I used to and so have alot of the players I used to play with.

Yes, they CAN fix the lag. Ever played MW2? COD4? WAW?

• 41. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    hyper72

Boooom Exactly

• 42. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    obee72

Whilst the Netcode was better for earlier games, the playing population is way bigger now with much faster speeds and the end product is increased lag. If you think there is a fix, sorry but you're deluded.

• 43. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    simjc

Agree that unfortunately the way Black Ops 2 is in its current state does make the game pretty unplayable. Get behind the new thread and lets see if we can make Treyarch/Activision take notice and fix their game. It has so much potential.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413898282

• 44. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    obee72

Think you'll find that threads been locked.

• 45. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.

The killcam shows that he saw me around the corner first.  He wasn't in my field of view.  I got off 3 bullets but the cam said I didn't even shoot my gun.  He didn't prefire.  He just saw me first. 

• 46. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.

Its dissapointing that a lof of people like you have great internet connections, but it doesn't fix the game.   Black Ops one has much less lag compensation.

• 47. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.

Holy crap if your lagging with that internet speed there is truly no hope for anyone else. Having a connection that fast and still experiencing noticeable lag makes it incredibly obvious the problem is in the game itself.

• 48. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    simjc

Yep - it sure did. Became so very quickly.

Hoping that FoxHound or someone from Treyarch will put a statement up.

The last few nights the game has become unplayable for most. Friends have mine have upgraded to Fibre, to find that Lag Ops 2 as the game has become known is now even worse for them. You probably find if you had a 56k modem it would play just fine. Being a bit sarcastic there, but you get the point. There is simply no point in buying DLC when the game plays this bad.

• 49. Re: Online lag renders MP unplayable.
    flameweilder8

stabduljabbar wrote:

Holy crap if your lagging with that internet speed there is truly no hope for anyone else. Having a connection that fast and still experiencing noticeable lag makes it incredibly obvious the problem is in the game itself.

Lag compensation intentionally ruins my connection to give those with a shitty connection an "equal opportunity". (In otherwords, free handouts in the form of lag advantages)