22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 12:54 AM by COD_WIDOW RSS

Target finder!!

The_Mctavish

Ok so 3ARC and IW always put something's in their games for the individuals that can't aim or just genuinely play at that we'll, I.e. death streaks. The target finder is one such thing. It's a crutch for people who can't just use their own eyes to see the enemy, which I guess is fine. Why is it that when I use coldblooded though the diamond might not show up but the reticle still goes red giving me away? The whole point I would use that perk is to render that attachment useless against me but 3ARC has other ideas. People using light weight or sometimes extreme conditioning running through my Bettie's without the use of engineer, how is that balanced? The constant hacking and emp of my equipment and scorestreaks is insane. If I use engineer as well the enemy should be unable to hack or emp my equipment, that seems balanced. Ok.....let the trolling begin.......NOW!

• Re: Target finder!!
    SitRepPro

It's an anti-camper attachment.  If people stopped corner camping with their SMGs and ARs in MW3 then 3arc probably wouldn't have bent over backwards to have every single anti-camping idea ever thought of.  I'd rather it be an LMG exclusive since they don't get fast mags.  And it's not like the maps are really designed for suppressive fire very well so it's not like everyone would be using LMGs for the TF attachment.

I agree with the Betty issue.  I don't see why they increased the delay for it as there were perks that could stop you from being killed by them.  I'm wondering whether or not to use them any more until I have Claymores unlocked as they're too inefficient on people without Engineer to warrant a place in my classes.  I never died to a Betty without Engineer or Flak Jacket on because I use the tactical layout and I don't have the reactions of a sloath to dodge them so I never understood why people moaned like no tomorrow with them.

iivrruummii

I have not yet used it, but I know to use Cold-blooded to counter the diamond box.

SitRepPro

True but their crosshairs still go red which I don't think should happen.  But if TF users need red boxes around people to aim at then chances are that one person's crosshairs might go unnoticed, especially considering how fast paced the game is.  It blocks my peripheral vision so I'd only use it on LMGs and I'll be using stock and a suppressor so I'll be using 5 points up so I'll be without something I normally use.  I do find it a bit odd that it's available to SMGs since the attachment could be of better use at longer ranges.

SitRepPro wrote:

their crosshairs still go red

yes, the red cross goes red when aimed at an ennemy with cold blooded.

But when you aim toward someone that dont have Cold Blooded, any sight even the plain iron sight make a big red name tag appear on top of the player, so Target finder aiming toward a cold blooded user become the same as any other sight targeting an ordianry player

The Tiny little guy in the back left corners name doesnt appear with a red dot or iron site, but he gets a box from the TF.

and my iron sight never turns red when im on a player with CB. i think my game is broken....

Meh.

I find the TF only useful when I'm running anything other than TDM, only on an LMG, and then only for supressing fire over objectives.

On anything else, TF lowers my accuracy vs the Reflex, ACOG, or IS.

i agree with that statement 100 percent running through betties and hacking while u use the same perks is insane it should balance out if u use the same perks

NoLifeKing29

I only use it on LMGs and it does work wonders for those guns. It also works very well for the SMR and FAL, other than that, its not that bad.

Tick7

The target finder is fantastic, especially in hardcore.

What's odd is how many people are moaning about it in this game - have you all forgotten Marksman from MW3? The similarities between the target finder and marksman perk in MW3 are innumerable.

Don't think I heard anyone complain about Marksman

SitRepPro

Probably because so many people used Assassin Pro that people gave up on Marksman because, unless you were using a sniper rifle, there were no benefits of using Marksman if a lot of enemies were using Assassin Pro.

Cold Blood doesnt really matter to me. I use TF on my MK48, only because the red dot sight is blurry. I liked the ECO Tech attachment too, but I do not like any of the designs for recticle. So I settled on the Target Finder. I mean...who cares if cold blooded removes the name and red...if you dont have a green name above your head, I shoot at you. Sometimes I even shoot at you if you have a green name =p Reflexes!

Edit: I too only use mine in CTF when I am doing defense. I like how people think just because someone is using a Target Finder, they wouldn't have seen you or killed you without it. I guess everyone not using a Target Finder dies to your awesomness because they can't see you =p

MKElite

Another OP thread my short comment - its not OP! Just deal with it!

you do realise that you still have to aim? stop complaining. Idiot

The TF is fine. Use cold blooded.  Countered!!

DONE!  Now stop whining.

I mainly use TF to piss people off. I rarely use it because I am PM and have literally used and maxed out every sight. I don't think TF is competitive and should be banned in league play but otherwise it's fair game. If you die from TF, it is what it is. The people that use TF probably can't get kills any other way so you gotta put yourself in their shoes.

Just curious, why run CB over Scav? Or even Hardline?

Well it's on them whether or not they want to run CB or whatever perk they want in that tier.  The choice is theirs.  The main point we are trying to make is that there is a counter for the TF.  So there is no need to whine about it.

banned-again

these target finder posts are getting boring now everyone knows how to counter it by using coldblooded, emp's and flanking

The_Mctavish

That's the point though CB doesn't counter it because the reticle still lights up even if the diamond doesn't appear. So all the player has to do is wait for the color to change start firing. It needs a proper counter so the reticle needs to NOT light up when using CB.

Obvious Head Glitcher is Obvious.