1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2013 4:54 PM by Black_Beard Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    zvers

Call of Duty: The Rise of Master Chief?!?!?!

• 41. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    monkeylord

It appears that people want a OHK weapon that has pretty much no distance restrictions and can be aimed in the general direction of the enemy but still getting rewarded with a kill.

• 42. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

You were talking up the ksg's range like it was some rediculous thing.  The ksg's one shot range is only typical of a cod pump shotgun.  Its not that impressive.  Its one shot range is quite average for a cod pump shotgun.  And once the ksg hits its 2 shot kill range its one of the worst performing weapons in the game. 

I compare it to the smr because you said, "there is no-way you should be able to pick people off at that distance like I did that sniper on the roof."  The ksg requires far more accuracy to be effective than any other pump shotgun in cod history.  For it to have an average one shot kill range for a cod pump, and a completely sub par time to kill outside of that one shot range is completely fine.  Inside the ksg's 2 shot range literally every regular gun in the game will perform better.  To say that the ksg's 2 shot range is a major asset is rediculous.  The ksg is the only shotgun that can hit at those ranges but it does not mean it can compete at those ranges against the other weapons.

The ksg is the best shotgun, that means it is by no means good compared to the smgs and some of the ARs in blops 2.  Its range is appropriate, and there is nothing surprising about it. 

• 43. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    monkeylord

Black_Beard wrote:

You were talking up the ksg's range like it was some rediculous thing.  The ksg's one shot range is only typical of a cod pump shotgun.  Its not that impressive.  Its one shot range is quite average for a cod pump shotgun.  And once the ksg hits its 2 shot kill range its one of the worst performing weapons in the game. 

Dear god it's not rocket science or a mystical secret if you plan on having most of your engagements within it's 2 shot range then pick another gun as you clearly shouldn't even be attempting to use a shottie as you fail to grasp to principle of a COD shotgun here's a clue they're for upclose.

Again with the other weapons thats like saying "Within the pistols 5 shot range the sniper is one shot so the pistol needs improving"

How AR's, LMGs, snipers, SMGs, launchers, specials and pistol perform don't mean squat as wait for it.........they're not shotguns. The KSG should only be compared to the other shotguns and it's 2 shot range outstrips every other gun within it's class it'll kill where the other shotguns wont even get you a hit marker which once again is the slug coming into play.

If you're picking up a shotgun and expect to out perform even the weakest AR at distance then you need to stop focusing on rate of fire and re-examine your basic gameplaying fundamentals as they are seriously flawed.

Take this statement

Black_Beard wrote:

I compare it to the smr because you said, "there is no-way you should be able to pick people off at that distance like I did that sniper on the roof."  The ksg requires far more accuracy to be effective than any other pump shotgun in cod history.  For it to have an average one shot kill range for a cod pump, and a completely sub par time to kill outside of that one shot range is completely fine.  Inside the ksg's 2 shot range literally every regular gun in the game will perform better.  To say that the ksg's 2 shot range is a major asset is rediculous.

All this works if you ignore I got a kill with KSG that no other shotgun would've come close to getting so how is the ability to both get hip-fired OHK up close while also getting a 2 hit kill at AR range with a shotgun not a major asset ?

As for the "accuracy" issue you seemingly have i'm sorry dude but it seriously doesn't get easier than using a ghost ring if you're having trouble hitting stuff the error is yours and not the gun.

• 44. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

The ksg is my best performing shotgun.  By a wide margin.  But even that performance is extremely low compared to my smgs and ARs.  I can do really well with the ksg.  Better than any other shotgun.  But the other weapons in blops 2 are so much more effective than the ksg that it isnt even funny.

And unless you are only playing against people that use shotguns 100% of the time the performance of other weapons inside of the ksg's 2 shot kill range is very relavent to this discussion.  If you try to take the ksg against people inside its 2 shot range when they are using smgs and ARs you are going to get raped.  They won't even give you the courtesy of saying surprise before hand either.

• 45. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    monkeylord

Black_Beard wrote:

The ksg is my best performing shotgun.  By a wide margin.  But even that performance is extremely low compared to my smgs and ARs.  I can do really well with the ksg.  Better than any other shotgun.  But the other weapons in blops 2 are so much more effective than the ksg that it isnt even funny.

And unless you are only playing against people that use shotguns 100% of the time the performance of other weapons inside of the ksg's 2 shot kill range is very relavent to this discussion.  If you try to take the ksg against people inside its 2 shot range when they are using smgs and ARs you are going to get raped.  They won't even give you the courtesy of saying surprise before hand either.

~ugh~ Thats why you plot your route around the map better and keep it up close, side on and nasty with the odd distant engagement to bug the enemy admittedly there's a lot more lanes of travel for AR/SMG users but even that can be used to your advantage.

The 2 shot range works fine as it's best to stick to lanes with high cover giving you plenty of time for the reload but you shouldn't be tackling AR/SMG users in their comfort zone you should be forcing them into yours.

How every other weapon performs within the KSGs 2 shot range has no relevance at all as each weapon comes attached with a mindset. Say I choose to run with the FAL sure I can nail you with hip-fire but that isn't where it's strength lies so I keep to the lanes of travel which ensures mid to long range engagements with the odd upclose engagement thrown in however if with one of thoese up close engagements I lose out to a shotgun/SMG user it doesn't mean the FAL was at fault because it's primary range is not upclose even though it can get kills at that range.

Same goes for the KSG primarily it's for upclose but it has the potential to get distant kills with 2 hits but if your facing off against guns you know are better at that range and you haven't kept to the lanes of travel that give you the edge then it's your fault when you die.

You know it takes 2 shots so you have to be smart when and where you engage the enemy the KSG doesn't promise AR performance with distant firefights but what it does give you is a shot at killing people at a distance much further than any shotgun which adds versatility to the way you play.

The KSG is fine as long as you don't expect to able to play with it like you would an AR.

• 46. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!

Why isn't the DSR fully automatic?!

Why isn't there more ammo for the Skorpion?!

Why can't bouncing betties ignore the engineer perk?!

Why can't the Lodestar cost only 200 points to get?!

Where is my instant platinum everything?!

• 47. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    TRU11

im already suprised by the KSG range lol.

if it gets any more range it will actually be as power full as a sniper rifle with more mobility.

i think people  want to use every weapon on every map and thats why they ask for buffs or nerfs.

MW, WAW and to some extend MW2 all had maps that dictated what weapon to use.

open maps like wasteland or any map with a tank often dictated that snipers or AR where weapon of choice and if you ran with an SMG or shot gun you could have been in for a long day.

the Smaller maps ofcourse especially the one that had more inbuilding action favourded shotguns and SMG.

this game i find hijacked the only map that really favours shotgun or SMG use.

every other map it doesent really matter what weapon you use cause all of them can be effective.

maybe no shotgun on turbine but thats about it.

i thought carrier would not suit a shotgun untill i had 1 guy go beserk with the KSG on it lol
    there is just enough cover and with its range you can do great with the KSG.

• 48. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    monkeylord

TRU11 wrote:

im already suprised by the KSG range lol.

if it gets any more range it will actually be as power full as a sniper rifle with more mobility.

i think people  want to use every weapon on every map and thats why they ask for buffs or nerfs.

MW, WAW and to some extend MW2 all had maps that dictated what weapon to use.

open maps like wasteland or any map with a tank often dictated that snipers or AR where weapon of choice and if you ran with an SMG or shot gun you could have been in for a long day.

the Smaller maps ofcourse especially the one that had more inbuilding action favourded shotguns and SMG.

this game i find hijacked the only map that really favours shotgun or SMG use.

every other map it doesent really matter what weapon you use cause all of them can be effective.

maybe no shotgun on turbine but thats about it.

i thought carrier would not suit a shotgun untill i had 1 guy go beserk with the KSG on it lol
    there is just enough cover and with its range you can do great with the KSG.

Ahhh...but see thats reasonable thinking your doing and weighing up each weapons pros and cons however this is COD where as soon as a weapon mis-fires or a player just can't get to grips with a weapons weakness it immediately requires a buff or a nerf.

• 49. Re: Why isn't the KSG's 1- shot kill range longer? It's a deadly slug for cryin' out loud!
    TeamKillerMAC

A slight buff for the R870? I don't know what the buff is for on that gun, it doesn't need a buff in any way shape or form.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next