22 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 6:55 PM by SanAndreasPsycho RSS

all pistols are over powered

slayer0fg0d

there one shot one kill 99.9% of the time.it's not a sniper riffle or a long range weapon people usen a pistol at med to long range and get a one shot kill on people when im usen a assult riffle or a submachine gun..and get hit markers, guy jumps off a ledge im shooting him with a assult i get 3 hit marker and he drops me with one shot at more then half the map distance..change the range or damage a pistol does.. im going to use my marsh mellow hit marker shooting assult riffle to your choper killing pistol is a fair game. is a total joke and fix the bouncing betty or add it to the tactical since its useless at killing people that croutch. we would have had allot of lives saved if the betty in the wars could be avoided buy croutching...

• Re: all pistols are over powered
    xmrythem

they are only 1 shot up close in HC. You die to them a lot because they have a faster pull up rate than your big AR. You also have better mobility.

my pistols were the first thing I got diamond on. Super simple.

Joco3000

I'm not sure if troll or just some guy who is really, really stupid.

Anyway, Executioner, the only pistol in any CoD game that can one hit in core modes, says hello. Because that gun needs ALL the nerfs

CowboySr

1 kill? in hardcore perhaps, isnt that the point of this mode? This is the first COD pistols have been any good at all. Why not just use them if theyre so good? Right, cause theyre not.

PS I have over 2500 betty kills, so I call User error.

slayer0fg0d

no there not i have used the 3round bust and killed snipers all the way at the other end of the map shooting threw walls tanks choppers there cheap and have to much power..

These are a lot of vids on youtube saying how OP thet are. They may get a patch shortly. However poor old Mr. Executioner needs a buff.

Alright, this is the 2nd post of yours I've commented on.

Think of it this way. Pistols are 1 point of your 10 allotted points. That's 10%, 20% if you add an attachment. If you decide to add another attachment, that's 40% of what you're allowed! That's ALMOST HALF! So if something is going to (potentially) take up 40% of your points, shouldn't it work effectively?

slayer0fg0d

you missed the hole point so plz dont post on my stuff no more ok heyjude117 because your a troll can you shoot a pistol across a map and kill a person yes. and it's easy to do it the pistol is not a sniper or a long range weapon and my post is people usen it like its a snipper shooting across a map to kill a person.

Lol, I'm not a troll. Did you read my post? I logically explained why the pistol is as good as it is. It SHOULD be this good, it's worth a chunk of your points. This is one of the few CoD's where the pistol is actually a viable option, unlike BO1. And have you actually tried to shoot people across the map with pistols? I have, it's darn near impossible. Before you knock it, try it out for yourself. And NOT the B23R, try the five-seven or Tac-45

anahum

I love the pistols in this game, as they allow me to make my class which I call RAMBO.

kap-40 w laser sight

combat knife siberaia camo

lightweight/flak jack

cold blooded

tactical mask

semtex. class is awesome and super fun

phxs72

Sounds like you are lagging as pistols are well known to be a minimum 2 shot kill and only then at close range (Core obviously).  The five seven which is a 5 shot kill at long range.  The B23R is a 3 to 4 burst kill at long range.  You should try using them before complaining.  They are good but by no means OP.

slayer0fg0d

i use my pistols allot and they are way over powered in HC its a one shot kill anywere on the map head shot or not anyone of them is a 1 shot i've killed sniper's on the air craft carrier from the back of the map to the other side threw plains choppers walls.. not easy shot but is very posable..standoff map shooting threw the building to there spawn with pistol racking up kills. shooting them inside the gas station threw walls and droping them like flys..i dont play core,core is for noobs that cant shoot and i have tryed it to make the compairson.. pistols in core suck..pistol in HC is untouchable why use a assult when you can run at hyper speed usen a pistol that can shoot threw just about anything ?

ChronoZombie

A pistol with two attachments costs more points than any primary with two attachments, and doesn't have the option of three, so I'm not losing any sleep about running around HC and one-shotting you with it.

I have gotten a warthog and two VTOLs using the Tac .45 in core, I don't use them in HC only.  I avoid AR and SMG in HC because they are so easy they make me feel dirty.  I feel bad using the Skorpion in core, but I'm going for diamonds, so it has to be done.

FamilyTeam

Oh, they are complaining about the goddamn pistols now?! All the pistols are overpowered? Let me tell you what sucks about EACH individual pistol in one go.

Five seveN 57: Low range, Low damage

TAC45 (FNP45): High recoil, Rapid drop range past 7.5M

B23R: Low Range, Low damage, No burst delay, so you waste too much ammunition.

KAP40: Low range, low damage, High recoil, High Full-Auto RPM wastes ammo, low ammo pool.

Executioner (Raging Bull): High recoil, slow RPM, awkward to use, slow to reload, mandates attachments, low range, almost always requires more than 2 shots to kill, 5 rounds in the chamber.

Your arguement is invalid. (Click on the link, for whatever reason i can't post images here, it just gives me an weird error.)

parnezzi

five seven does 55 damage max, but its 2 shot range is a lot shorter, after that its a 3 shot.

tac 45 has little recoil idk where your getting that from and is still a 3 shot kill at a good distance

B23R has good range, is a 3 shot kill anywhere on the body and you can spam it

KAP40 is decent range due to low recoil a 3 shot kill like the B23R and EZ to use.

executioner is honestly just a PoS

FamilyTeam

And guess what? That is what it is intended to do!

I'm really starting to think you must be kidding if you seriously think that the Handguns in this game are OP.

YES, the Five SeveN does indeed has a long three hit kill range. But what's honestly wrong with that?

In ALL of the past call of duty games the Pistols were 3 hit kills W/O stopping power when avaible. If we were to follow your logic, then the USP45 with Ext. Mags from MW2 is DRASTICALLY OP. But guess what? It isn't. You can't hit a bloody thing from far off, sure, it has low recoil, but the visual recoil and the muzzle flash, and the fact that your weapon (57) has a low firecap HINDERS it's ranged combat abilities!

And the TAC45 is the same story, but the only difference is that your 2HK is extended a bit. Again, referencing older CODs, If we were to follow your logic, the COD4 desert eagle w/ Stopping Power would have been the most overpowered weapon in the franchise. 1200RPM Fire Cap, 70-49 damage, Good range, clear irons, minimal kick. But no, it wasn't OP, it was just a good weapon.

And if you still think handguns are OP, then be my bloody guess, take the 57 and try to snipe with it, or outgun SMGs at an direct gunfight. Try to win a Free For All full of Tryhards if the handguns are so OP.

Once again, YOUR ARGUEMENT IS INVALID. Maybe you just played against someone who is really good, Like Xbox Ahoy, then got butthurt that he knows how to use handguns properly and is now crying his arse off demanding Treyarch to nerf things that SHOULDN'T be nerfed.

parnezzi

iv'e used the pistols plenty of times, and outgunned plenty of people its easy when its a 2-3 kill at 600 RoF.

and last time i checked this wasn't Mw2, and the pistols weren't as powerful.

hell iv'e sniped people with the KAP 40 just because its so easy to use and fires at 900 RPM.

maybe the handguns wouldn't be OP if treyarch didn't put **** in your line of sight every 5 feet, and head glitch spots aplenty, and make the maps complete clusterfucks not including the spawn points and the lack of sound.

dude....the executioner is complete crap. you have to be within 7 feet of your target for it to even register as a hitmarker. you sir are FALSE

FamilyTeam

I guess what Treyarch was trying to do with this was to mimick the Shotguns secondaries in MW2. But they didn't want to commit the same mistake IW did when balancing this, so they make the weapon somewhat nerfy.

BUT THAT JUSTFIES WHY IN BLOODY HELL THIS WEAPON BARELY KILLS SOMEONE?

NoLifeKing29

Tac 45 Five Seven Executioner are all very average guns, not even close to being OP.

trialstardragon

Here is the quick and simple reason why they are strong.

They cost one point in the pick 10 system.

Here is the long reason..

Back when the devs had a play with devs community play date a month or so ago, people asked that question. David said it was because of the fact they use 1 point just like any other weapon. So for balancing reasons because of that cost they could not make them weak for it would be a waste of that one point if they did so. So they made them strong enough to be worth that one point.

Just because in past games pistols were weaker does not mean that in all games ever made they always have to be weaker.

The pistols are more realistic is what they are I think, I mean come on if you had a freakin pistol in reality and shot someone from say 300 feet away (long range in a map) one shot would probably kill, depending where you shoot them. But I bet you the bullet still goes right through the body. Its just more realistic for HC. I like that they did that.

They have the range of a shotgun, they lose to a shotgun, and they have low ammo. That's far from over powered.