9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 11:03 AM by deamonomic RSS

Is league play even balanced?

I've been playing in league play for a little bit and im noticing that the matches are never against "people of my skill level" as they said it would be. Truthfully I'm a rank 87 Iron Division player, so I'm terrible already. There's always people that are gold and silver ranked in matches I'm in. It just isn't fun anymore.

• Re: Is league play even balanced?
    deamonomic

in truth does the league system work? i would say for the most part, yes it does. However, the reason it ISNT working so great is the fact that there is a severe lack on interest from the community. it cant match you with players from your skill lvl if there are not enough people playing to begin with.

that being said, I dont think league needs alot of active players to do well. but we need atleast 4 times the amount of players online on Average.

starbuckfrack

When I played everyone in my games had the same KD ratio as me. Problem with some of them was they messed around too much in the games.

Plus the very long wait times which is expected when you got 900 players in the entire game.

Not enough people play it now. The playlists continuously have less than 1k people. There isn't a large enough pool of players to make "fair" matches. The game just groups anyone who is on now since there is no population. Which is sad. I enjoyed league play for the first week or two.

snoops07

It lacked players in season 1.  But I can tell you that I'm sure I'm not alone that a lot of season 1 players are not playing in season 2.   Some things they noted were not fullfilled such as showing your final rank after the season.

trialstardragon

yeah the ranking system is borked in that game variant. Like you I constantly seen players either several divisions higher than me or when I was a gold seen players that were several divisions lower. Something that how league was first presented should not have happened.

But you can probably blame it on the low playerbase. Because there is not enough playing it all the time, it basically mashes divisions together to make a full lobby, thus making the ranks pretty much pointless.

hairybubba1963

There isn't enough intrest in it to make it work. Not sure why they ever thought there would be.

Anyway, your not alone. Not really sure what the point in spending time there is at this point.

trialstardragon

pretty much the same as halo reach's arena matches... none.. Only really for those that really need to brag about a rank... aka halo 3 ranked players that thought having a 50 meant something when it really did not.

hairybubba1963

No kidding. How hard is it to rank up when half the players are should be in a different league.

I personally think that ranking and public stat tracking has ruined this and most other shooters. They have always been any to be manipulated by jerk players and never really showed any meaningful combination of stats. Even if the stats would have been unmanipulated to begin with.

deamonomic

hairybubba1963 wrote:

No kidding. How hard is it to rank up when half the players are should be in a different league.

I personally think that ranking and public stat tracking has ruined this and most other shooters. They have always been any to be manipulated by jerk players and never really showed any meaningful combination of stats. Even if the stats would have been unmanipulated to begin with.

actually from my experience most of the people in masters are better then the kids in all the other divisions. not always but for the most part.