35 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 1:42 AM by asianman12 RSS

ANOTHER hotfix that changes WHAT EXACTLY???

lmaFrickinBeast

I'm not giving up on my very reasonable request to have hotfix release notes to let us know what it is that is being changed when a hotfix is released. Not only do we have $110 invested into the game between the game and DLC, but countless hours of play time as well. The LEAST you can do as a company is be courteous enough to give something back after taking all this money then changing the game without telling us what you change. Expect this thread to be posted every single time a hotfix is released until we get our hotfix release notes.

Good day to ya.

• Re: ANOTHER hotfix that changes WHAT EXACTLY???

It seems since the original IW team left, no one seems to know what does what except the ability to stitch it together to make it "look like a game", everything after that is best guest scenerios

starbuckfrack

lmaFrickinBeast wrote:

I'm not giving up on my very reasonable request to have hotfix release notes to let us know what it is that is being changed when a hotfix is released. Not only do we have $110 invested into the game between the game and DLC, but countless hours of play time as well. The LEAST you can do as a company is be courteous enough to give something back after taking all this money then changing the game without telling us what you change. Expect this thread to be posted every single time a hotfix is released until we get our hotfix release notes.

Good day to ya.

If you spent an extra 50 bucks on this game that is your issue and not theirs. You decided to buy the Season Pass with a game full of bugs.

So why did you buy the game anyway with that thing called the internet where you can get reviews from the game.

They do post hotfix notes that are important so be patient.

PS expect the moderators will remove each one of these threads once they are posted.

lmaFrickinBeast

And you are who, exactly? Drop the superiority complex, because that crap don't work with me. Sarcasm isn't necessary, either, you've proved your ego is something that you can't handle appropriately.

They do NOT post hotfix notes unless they release an update that requires downloading (content update). Hence the reason for the sticky thread at the top of the XBOX forum.

Now, aside from having to respond to your smart-mouthed post, I've definitely noticed that the 446.21 hotfix has made a massive change to something related to where my character is located on the enemy screen. Friend and I have both experienced being shot at by any member of the enemy team before we are even around a corner, and watching killcam shows that the enemy had no MMS, no other way to detect our presence.

Who is he exactly? I'm not quite sure but he is a 5 star poster with 9,268 posts under his belt, I think he might know a thing or two.  As for his post he wasn't being jack wagon about it, simply giving you the best info HE could. If your not going to try and listen then don't post on the forums please and at the very least don't insult him or anyone else for at least trying.

starbuckfrack

lmaFrickinBeast wrote:

And you are who, exactly? Drop the superiority complex, because that crap don't work with me. Sarcasm isn't necessary, either, you've proved your ego is something that you can't handle appropriately.

They do NOT post hotfix notes unless they release an update that requires downloading (content update). Hence the reason for the sticky thread at the top of the XBOX forum.

Now, aside from having to respond to your smart-mouthed post, I've definitely noticed that the 446.21 hotfix has made a massive change to something related to where my character is located on the enemy screen. Friend and I have both experienced being shot at by any member of the enemy team before we are even around a corner, and watching killcam shows that the enemy had no MMS, no other way to detect our presence.

I said they post hotfix notes that are IMPORTANT. You might want to read that again.

As for YOU wanting the hotfix notes you might want to join the club. You arent the only one on the forum.

Fact is that if they dont WANT to post hotfix notes they dont have to regardless because of the fact that you spent 110 dollars on this game.

I am not saying you arent any more important than any of us because neither am I . But just because you paid 110 dollars for a game doesnt give you any more rights than any of us.

I purchased ALL games and ALL DLC up to this point so do I get special attention. NO. I get warnings and my posts deleted just like everyone else.

The problem here is you think just because you put out money on this game they should jump at your whim and now your mad because someone told you different.

Some hotfixes they do are none of our business. They could be glitch fixes or patches to the online portion of the game or some way to combat hackers. They dont have to tell you if they dont need to. Some hotfixes are a secret that they dont want us to know. If they dont want to admit there is lag comp issues then they will not list there was a lag comp fix for example.

When they post what they DID fix then people start posting hate posts on the forum blaming what they did fix ruined the game for them.

What I posted wasnt to insult you or your intelligence, so if you felt hurt over it then blame your insecurities not me. What you spent on this game has no relevance to the fact of you wanting to see more hotfix notes.

Lets not even go into the fact that your post was off topic.

simonm

they hardly ever tell you what gets changed in a hotfix ..im with the OP i wouldnt mind a quick note to hear whats changed .. have they made tweaks to spawns or matchmaking etc ..i wouldnt mind knowing too

lmaFrickinBeast

starbuckfrack wrote:

As for YOU wanting the hotfix notes you might want to join the club. You arent the only one on the forum.

Fact is that if they dont WANT to post hotfix notes they dont have to regardless because of the fact that you spent 110 dollars on this game.

I am not saying you arent any more important than any of us because neither am I . But just because you paid 110 dollars for a game doesnt give you any more rights than any of us.

The problem here is you think just because you put out money on this game they should jump at your whim and now your mad because someone told you different.

-----------------------------------

Lets not even go into the fact that your post was off topic.

First, I know I am not the only one wanting to know what changes. Believe what you choose, but I do my research and know that I am nowhere near alone in the matter. I don't even know why that's become something you felt the need to mention.

Second, if I thought that tey should jump at my request based on the money they've gotten from me, I would've made that very clear. If you buy something, and the manufacturer changes that product, you'd want to know what was changed. It's simply logic. Granted, tohers really don't care and that's their cup of tea, but they're not the topic of discussion here, which leads me to my third and final point in this reply.

If my post is related to an XBOX hotfix that was released, how is my action of posting in the XBOX forum about an XBOX game-related change, off topic?

lmaFrickinBeast wrote:

If you buy something, and the manufacturer changes that product, you'd want to know what was changed. It's simply logic.

Well sorry buddy.  Things run differently here in digital land.  You don't own the software.  You own the permission to play the game they made and own. They have every right to not tell you what they do with hotfixes. It even says on the back of the box. 

Just get that through your thick skull and I think we can all go on with our lives.

Please also note that the bit of hostility is only used to match the amount you seem to be using the previous comments.

gdexter

I suggest you think before you post otherwise you won't make a good name for yourself here.

And what Star said is correct - posts that are off topic or classed as spam, or made for the purpose of starting a flame war WILL be deleted.

XXgovXX

starbuck go f youself he and i deserve to now. when almost every update that has come out it makes things worse. and i my self will not buy dlc for the very first time

gallp13

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100575370?start=0&tstart=0

-182,000 plus views

- 375 replies

- now this is a change log request thread

- your thread with be dust tomorrow.....happy to be proven wrong.

.444= happy new year welcome screen

.445=map pack welcome screen

It could be they didn't do anything but change the welcome screen.

maccabi

most hotfixes are things for the backend that don't impact gameplay so theres no need or they cant say what they did.

Secondly sometimes Tu's and hotfixes contain stuff that they dont mention as in doing so would skew any feedback. Example being a tweak to matchmaking or netcode .

but yes as

ClureCO pointed out it could've been something as simple as the message changing

avngr9

Great post.  Imformative and to the point and most importantly without the hate.

Seriously, what is with all the hate lately?  Was the OP's request worded the best? Probably not. Was it a hate filled rant full of vulgarities? No.  Overall I thought it sounded like a guy who is just as passionate about this game as the rest of us who is just looking for answers and asked about it in an overall cordial way.

I mean you have a couple people saying this is an unreasonable post and that it should be locked and then its followed up by a guy who says he did the same thing and bragged about why his is better? Wtf, really? Why not just say, "I did something similar on MW3 and I had a lot input on it, you might try changing it a bit."  vs. "BOOM, in your face sucka!"

maccabi

avngr9 wrote:

Great post.  Imformative and to the point and most importantly without the hate.

Seriously, what is with all the hate lately?  Was the OP's request worded the best? Probably not. Was it a hate filled rant full of vulgarities? No.  Overall I thought it sounded like a guy who is just as passionate about this game as the rest of us who is just looking for answers and asked about it in an overall cordial way.

I mean you have a couple people saying this is an unreasonable post and that it should be locked and then its followed up by a guy who says he did the same thing and bragged about why his is better? Wtf, really? Why not just say, "I did something similar on MW3 and I had a lot input on it, you might try changing it a bit."  vs. "BOOM, in your face sucka!"

nope sorry totally lost me now

lmaFrickinBeast

Y'all have a good point. Thanks for your insight.

maccabi

lmaFrickinBeast wrote:

Y'all have a good point. Thanks for your insight.

np, also another aspect of tu's and especially hotfixes is player count and propagation . you've probably noticed a few posts on these forums where people swear blind that x hotfix has ruined their game or they cant find matches.

this is usually because not everyone gets an update on their xbl region at the same time, so at times especially when theres been a new update you have a split of players with and players without this limits party making and matchmaking to a degree.

Getting back to your original point again, the devs are all east coast USA, so usually they are fast asleep when the updates hits say australasia and euroland , they also usually if asked on twitter will say what the hotfix is for the tip is to be polite.. the majority of the times as i said it will be a backend update that doesnt affect gaming so theres really no need for them to say what its for other than to quell peoples own curiousity.

Its all rare a hotfix will contain anything major for the game, if they are its usually when there's been a major exploit/glitch/hack and hotfixing is prefable to a title update which takes a whole lot longer to get out due to the way the 1st party platforms have to certifiy the title update first.

so for a good rule of thumb.. assume hotfixes are minor things that we dont really need to worry about , if a TU is released and we dont get details later that day then yep i would also be asking what it did.

to add something to what miss jeep said, some of us have been on the forums for years, when the forums changed to this new (withholds views of the new forum software) version all our information was skewed our post counts are sort of right but our date joins relate to the new forum not our time on the forums. as such alot of things we of the  higher post count demographic might say are usually as we've been here long enough to see the same questions requests being asked alot and know the correct answers as at one time or another a dev has come on here and explained it to someone else.

lmaFrickinBeast

Props to you for having some patience and giving some of the most useful information I have seen on this forum to date.

I know my response to you very long, detailed post is a simple, short one, but I really have to swear til I am blind that this latest hotfix has totally wrecked my ability to register any hit markers when blasting someone with an SMG.

I can put it cut and dry here. Before hotfix, I could go 16-10, 20-12 etc. After hotfix, I am literally being thwomped by everyone and their momma, I swear every one of my last 20 games of Dom were 10-20 or worse, except for one where I got to do the thwomping. My clan-mate whom I game with all the time experiences the EXACT same issue. I live in mid-Ohio. He lives in Delaware. So, two totally different ISPs, networks, configurations etc, but the exact same experience. This happens regardless of whether I am in the same lobby as him or if I am in a totally different one, so I can't blame him for (possibly) being the host of a match.

eta: I've been basically forced to put down the controller and go outside for a change (intimidating, right?!? lol) because the quality of gameplay between before and after the hotfix has become so treacherous that, I admit, I rage incessantly because of it.

eta2: In regards to your comment about asking the Devs on Twitter what a hotfix changed, I can say that the ONLY response I ever got on Twitter from anyone in the whole Call of Duty gang is one response from ATVIAssist, when I asked if we were going to get new clan ops (before they gracefully added daily Clan Challenges... [thank you !!!!!!!!!]) Vonderhaar has done his absolute best to ignore everything I have said to him, even if it was polite conversation, a question, or a joke about something he said. He's definitely a pro at ignoring, that's for sure! lol.

xmrythem

killstreaks now stack

you're welcome

jeepchick

Thanks for your feedback. As other users have stated, this topic (request) has come up before in other threads. This one can remain open as a discussion as long as it stays on topic and doesn't devolve into serial CoC violations.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Claire JeepChick

PS - Post count does not determine importance on this forum. Just wanted to clarify that. It can reflect how long a user has been active, and they might have experience based knowledge because of that, but it no way makes them more important than someone with a lower post count.

r33k

devs, please post ALL hotfix notes in the community update thread. the community thanks you for your verbosity.

Drahcir_IA

Ever since the last Hotfix came out I've been riding the lag train again.  Even during Christmas traffic I'd pull host every other game or two and if I didn't, my connection would still be 4 bar and I could still give host a run for his money 1v1.  I know hotfixes just adjust minor issues giving Devs a chance to continue other priorities such as DLC and making TU's less of chore, but this last hotfix has definitely made Multiplayer frustrating as hell for me.  Constant connection interuption, connection drops, losing server connection, even dropping connection to my XBL party.  It absolutely sucks.  I'd think they should post all changes made to the game no matter how minor.  I'd say even throw up a message at sign-in like most games used to do, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.