1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2013 8:25 PM by starbuckfrack Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 50. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    simonm

    same here

  • 51. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    maccabi

    thewalshinator wrote:

     

    The usefullness of Kontrol Freeks aside...

     

    Its blatently just an advertisement, probably paid for by the people who sell them.

     

    Nothing in these PR videos is left to chance

    While its true any video but out by Activision or for that matter most things the devs get to say publically is run by pr one thing they dont do is stealthy product placement.

  • 52. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    smokesdope

    It's all very good arguing about the CoC but at the end of the day in the REAL WORLD they DONT ban for rapid fire controllers never heard of anyone being banned for this and I know for a FACT IW don't ban for them so Treyarch don't either as they are both run by Activision and they have the last say .

      They are just to hard to prove .

  • 53. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    starbuckfrack

    m4xburrito wrote:

     

    What is up there is very long and unfortunately useless. You can have 2000 posts about the same crap, and 1000 chats with Microsoft personnel or worked for 20 years for Microsoft and still does not change the fact of the information contained in the document. It is a Legal binding document, it and it's interpretation is decided by law, not by me, by you, by a Microsoft employee and by anyone with an opinion, which is once again why I made my statement. If you want proof of this is very simple, read the following contained in the XBox Live TOU:

     

    11. Microsoft Contracting Entity, Governing Law, and Choice of Forum

    You are contracting with Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, USA. The laws of the state where you live govern the interpretation of this Agreement, claims for breach of it, and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition, and tort claims), regardless of conflict of law principles. You and we irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in King County, Washington, for all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Services that are heard in court (not arbitration and not small claims court).

     

    So, lets say You use a modified controller and please understand the word modified by its meaning,  Microsoft finds out You used a modified controller in Xbox Live and bans your account. You appeal the ban and don't win it. You want to ***** and be very adventurous and decide to take Microsoft to court because You think You have a chance at winning that ****, and You believe that a simple modification You did to your controller gives You no advantage and You think you are on the right.

     

    Microsoft banned You because You modified your controller and could give a **** less how you modified it. Guess what you lost and wasted money.

     

    Now Microsoft can change the TOU and include specific language and or brands or models of things allowed or not, but that is not the case.

     

    The chances of **** like this ever happening, and someone going to court over an xbox live ban, very slim, unless you are the german angry kid from youtube. Which is why is said and repeat again and again, Microsoft will never have any idea or know the difference of whether you put a "control freak" on the controller's thumbstick of a piece of turd. They don't know, they don't care, and honestly neither should we. It does not give any advantage, it is a matter of comfort no more, no less.

     

    But, to finish, if you are going to post something and claim it is fact, just make sure you back it up with something real. People could care less about how many times you posted the same opinion or how many times you chatted with a Microsoft employee, or for how many years you sat at a cubicule. At the end it does not make any difference to the discussion. Also remember, you were the one that replied to my post, no the other way around. 

    I did post it as something real. And it was quoted by a Microsft Employee that THAT type of controller is NOT against policy. Proof is right there but you decide to ignore it. YOU dont know the policies you are only interpreting them for what you want them to say.

     

    Two years ago I would have stood by your side and said that you were right but after chating with freinds as well as some emails with higher ups at Microsoft I found I was wrong. Just because Micrososft does not have a controller on their Third Party accesories page does NOT mean they are against XBox Live policy.

     

    Thing is you think all "modded controllers" are the same but they are not.

     

    I understand that what you enter into is a legally binding contract. But that does not apply here because a control Freaks controller is not illegal by Microsofts Terms.

     

    Tell me this is the HORI Turbo controller bannable ?

     

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-Controller-Wired-Microsoft-EX2-Turbo-Hori-Pad-B lack-NEW-/221121337948?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item337bdbda5c

     

    I bet you think so.

  • 54. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    starbuckfrack

    m4xburrito wrote:

     

    Rednecksniper39 wrote:

     

    m4xburrito wrote:

     

    What is up there is very long and unfortunately useless. You can have 2000 posts about the same crap, and 1000 chats with Microsoft personnel or worked for 20 years for Microsoft and still does not change the fact of the information contained in the document.

    So what you telling me is if you have a question about a companies policy and you call them then no matter what they tell you then they are 100% wrong? Do you now see how stupid that sounds? You sir just lost everything in your argument with that right there.

    Nope, that is not what I am telling you. But at the same time, maybe. You see. Once again, if they have a written policy available which they should, then you should not have any questions right? Assuming the person can read and have some basic understanding of things and a tiny bit of common sense, there should not be any questions.

     

    Yet, if you still have the questions and you ask an employee a question regarding their policy and their answer is not related, and the information is different, to what it says in their policy then yes, You should not pay any attention to what they say.

     

    Normally an employee answering questions in a forum or via chat or on the phone has absolutely no relation to any decision making in regards to legal documents and policies governing a company. Unless of course he is a one man band type of guy and is the CEO, LEO, FEO PEO and also the guy that answers the chat.

     

    An employee on a chat won't be able to change a governing document on the fly just to satisfy someone's answer.

     

    I don't think I have lost any arguments, I didn't even know I was having a competition about any arguments. What I have posted is what it is written in the TOU, if you don't like it, well take it to Microsoft. Now, if you mean by losing arguments, the fact that another forum user will post his opinion to dismiss something that is written in a Legal Document and available online for anyone to see then You tell me how stupid that sounds.  Feel me?

    So your saying the employee who knows the policy is wrong and you are right ? The employee who KNOWS the policy is wrong ?

     

    Say your saying the discussion we had is NOT related to this discussion ?

     

    And I suppose all the other employees that answered the same question that they are alowed or not allowed are wrong too ?

     

    Using an addon thumbstick is not in any way changing the game "executable" while playing such as using a modded controller with rapid fire will do. The thumbsticks in no way is changing anything on Xbox Live. If I wanted to I could add a peice of tape to the bottom of the controller to prevent slipping ? Thats not modding a controller.

     

    Show me some proof . Balls in your court. You can even use the court case in your favor that was started against Microsoft back in January of last year. Which will go nowhere. Because in that Agreement you signed you cannot take Microsoft to court, you have to take it thru arbitration.

     

    I mean seriously do you actually think that Micrososft is going to let a video of someone breaking policy be advertised on THEIR service ? If he were breaking any kind of Activision or Micrososft policy using a "modded controller" in an xbox game dont you think they would have at least left it out of the video.

     

    If you were right that he shouldnt be allowed to use that controller on xbox Live they would have banned him INSTANTLY the moment someone brought up the subject.

     

    He is using an allowable controller on the Xbox Live Service. Or else it would have never been shown on video that is being advertised on everyones Xbox.

     

    Could it be a modded controller by definition, quite possibly YES. But is it considered enough of a modification to be a violation, NO.

  • 55. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak

    starbuckfrack wrote:

    I did post it as something real. And it was quoted by a Microsft Employee that THAT type of controller is NOT against policy. Proof is right there but you decide to ignore it. YOU dont know the policies you are only interpreting them for what you want them to say.

     

    Two years ago I would have stood by your side and said that you were right but after chating with freinds as well as some emails with higher ups at Microsoft I found I was wrong. Just because Micrososft does not have a controller on their Third Party accesories page does NOT mean they are against XBox Live policy.

     

    Thing is you think all "modded controllers" are the same but they are not.

     

    I understand that what you enter into is a legally binding contract. But that does not apply here because a control Freaks controller is not illegal by Microsofts Terms.

     

    Tell me this is the HORI Turbo controller bannable ?

     

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-Controller-Wired-Microsoft-EX2-Turbo-Hori-Pad-B lack-NEW-/221121337948?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item337bdbda5c

     

    I bet you think so.

    Here is the difference man, What I posted, is available online and when you purchase an xbox live subscription.  It is available to anyone and everyone. Your conversation with Theresa, whoever she is and what ever she is is not. I am not saying it wasn't real. But if you go back and dissect the whole conversation with her, you should realize that she did not give you a definitive answer. Her last words were, "Theresa: Only if you modified the console or the controller."  She did not acknowledge. So once again, if you modify a controller, then based on their policy, You are in violation. Regardless of what Theresa said.

     

    I never said, Control Freaks were illegal, I said in my post, that they could or they could not, that it was something determined by Microsoft Policy or a Court of Law if it came to that, not by you, by me, any other user, or any developer. You see how you have taken my post out of context.

     

    All modded controllers are the same, they are modded, modified, which is against the TOU, That is not what I think but what Microsoft says. It does not say some modifications are ok and some not. It says any modifications, so. It is their language not mine.  If it is not a Microsoft branded or licensed device then is not an authorized device. You can buy a controller that fits the Xbox 360 and is not Microsoft branded or licensed, if your Xbox catches fire or goes apeshit because of that Warranty will not cover you. Unauthorized devices are simply not supported. A Hori Pad is a Licensed device, so No I don't think it is illegal in any way.

  • 56. Re: 3Arc Designers use Control Freak
    starbuckfrack

    Again. I ask you . Did you talk to an Xbox Live person yourself . NO.

     

    This discussion is on the Control Freaks controller and so far I have shown you evidence to the contrary that they ARE allowed on Xbox Live.

     

    So stick to the SUBJECT. The subject is not court cases because you cannot actually take microsoft to court as per the XBL agreement.

     

    As fr your "whoever she is" statement you could EASILY find out if she were real by doing it yourself.. I dont even know why you would want to bring that up that she might not be real unless you are desperately trying to debunk my posts.

     

    I dont make stuff up dude , so get over yourself.

     

    AGAIN besides the previous history of posts in three or four differnet forums of this site I AGAIN just spoke to ANOTHER Micrososft Employee thru chat. Took me a whole 30 seconds wait time.

     

    Lets start with my question.

     

    Control Freak has extensions that you can add the the OUTSIDE of your controller to help you aim. Are they a violation of Xbox Live policy.

     

    “Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.”

     

    Privacy Statement

    You are now chatting with 'Alvin'.

     

    ME: hi

     

    Alvin: Hi, Let me review first your concern here so  I can give you my best assistance, would  that be okay?

     

    Alvin: It seems that you have difficulties with the controller right?

     

    ME: No I dont have difficulties. It is for a forum discussion

     

    Alvin: Let me check that if it is violating any rules for Xbox.

     

    ME: no problem

     

    Alvin: Did you see that forums in our Xbox site?

     

    ME: no its on a COD site

     

    Alvin: I see, if mostly there's a trick about that and mostly those players who posted that is a very good gamer. Are you planning to use that one though?

     

    Alvin: There's maybe a helpful in playing and there's maybe a good combination for that.

     

    ME: OK but I need to know if they are a violation of XBL policy.

     

    Alvin: Since they didn't change anything about the game itself, it's like a add-on that can help you players to improve your skills.

     

    (notice how he said it doesnt change the gmeplay ? Thats why its NOT a violation.)

     

    ME: Yeah the main developer of Black ops 2 uses one and you can see it in the AD on the Xbox Live for the new maps.

     

    Alvin: Yeah, I think by using that we can improve our skills in the game right? they maybe become popular in the coming days. Don't be shocked if a lot of players in COD are using that. It's okay to use that though.

     

    ME: Thanks for your info I appreciate it.

     

    ---------------------------------------------------

    You see how ANOTHER employee said it was OK to use them ?

     

    So instead of quoting you interpretation of the Xbox Live policies with NO evidence to back you up why dont you talk to a rep ?

     

    ----------------------------------------------

     

    As for your quote

     

    But if you go back and dissect the whole conversation with her, you should realize that she did not give you a definitive answer. Her last words were, "Theresa: Only if you modified the console or the controller."  She did not acknowledge. So once again, if you modify a controller, then based on their policy, You are in violation. Regardless of what Theresa said.

     

    I never said, Control Freaks were illegal, I said in my post, that they could or they could not, that it was something determined by Microsoft Policy or a Court of Law if it came to that, not by you, by me, any other user, or any developer. You see how you have taken my post out of context.

     

    You just contradicted yourself.

     

    So why dont you come back here when you have actual proof. I know I have at least 4 chats with an Xbox Live employee and 8 years experience behind me.

     

    I will be waiting or you PROOF that Control Freaks are a violation because that IS the title of this discussion and the subject of this thread.

     

    You notice how I stated two years ago I found out I was wrong when I ASSUMED they were.. Well you may have noticed I admitted that. Why dont you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next