48 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 3:53 AM by trialstardragon RSS

70% health = lag comp solution...

Its as simple as that....Treyarch is making the lag comp soooo bad so when they do this....every one is gonna be like "yay Treyarchs a hero!"

Don't be a fool.

Cheers!

Noodle_sensie Wrote:

"As it stands there is too much info (hit detection) to be processed by the game. With all the youtube, facebook and twitter nonsense they've roped into this game, as well as Elite and theatre, its all too much.

Less bullets to kill people = less processing to manage = less errors and wtf moments.

70/75% health is still twice as much as hardcore (30%) so will retain its core - ness."

well put sir.

• Re: 70% health = lag comp solution...
    parnezzi

your hitmarkers still won't register and you'll die even quicker.

yea the hit detection will still suck....

and people will die quicker yes.... thats the point....

parnezzi

people dieing quicker isn't the problem making the health less will only make the problem worse since the people with bad connections will have to work less.

they'll still turn around and kill you with 10% health left

na....the whole problem is when you shoot someone they don't die and have more time to shoot you back.

Like this people will die when you shoot them.

Problem solved.

maccabi

parnezzi wrote:

people dieing quicker isn't the problem making the health less will only make the problem worse since the people with bad connections will have to work less.

notice how few hardcore players ever come on here and complain about lag or lag comp ect?

two reasons less health and NO killcams

maccabi wrote:

parnezzi wrote:

notice how few hardcore players ever come on here and complain about lag or lag comp ect?

Whoa mcabbi slow down...don't start to agree with me...you might get banned.

maccabi

En1gmas wrote:

maccabi wrote:

parnezzi wrote:

Whoa mcabbi slow down...don't start to agree with me...you might get banned.

Reason im agreeing...

i was actually discussing a similar idea for mw3 with the iw devs, a playlistthat was a core/hc hybrid

with no perma mini map, 70% health and no killcams.

although it was done as it sounded fun, the flip side was a machevelian scheme by me to show most complaints about lag came from the hit markers killcam

parnezzi

SVU being able to 1 shot with a acog on? nty, health is fine where its at.

maccabi wrote:

hardcore players

I've been pretty much an exclusive HC player since I've started this game and because of the lack of play list options have been venturing into Core a little more.

With that being said, holy crap! Kill Cams are insane! I see one thing, and the server (or my enemy) sees something completely different.

Does this work out in my behalf? I'm sure it has a time or two, but I wouldn't say nearly as much as it does for them. I pay roughly $80 a month for my cable service and have nothing running while playing and I'm hardlined from the modem to my Xbox and still have oodles of issues.

With all of that being said, kill cams just make matters worse. We see first hand the B.S. that's taking place. If whomever isn't going to fix, this or that, they should maybe take out the kill cams, or somehow make it on your time, not server or your enemy.

Dyn4mics

The ONLY solution is rewriting some coding, which will only happen when one of the two devolpers of the COD titles find enough time to do so during development.

Who knows, maybe with new consoles being released next Christmas (speculation), the coding will be fixed while working with a brand new engine.

Noodle_Sensei

Agree.

As it stands there is too much info (hit detection) to be processed by the game. With all the youtube, facebook and twitter nonsense they've roped into this game, as well as Elite and theatre, its all too much.

Less bullets to kill people = less processing to manage = less errors and wtf moments.

70/75% health is still twice as much as hardcore (30%) so will retain its core - ness.

hey someone gets it!  and brought in some other good points...

Now then the new question has to be asked...why haven't they done this yet?

Dyn4mics

The fact is more people play core than Hardcore. Majority rules in almost ALL cases. How many people do you see complaining about instant deaths? These people clearly don't play Hardcore that often.

I totally agree there's too much stress put on the current game engine to squeeze out 60fps, and that's why graphics don't improve all that much from title to title in this series.

Maybe instead of beefing out the damn barracks in this game, they should try going to a more barebones version (ie COD4). Hear me out on this. They are pushing all these e-sport features on us, but when you look at true e-sport games (League of Legends for example), it's a simple game that's team based. Call of Duty can exceed as an e-sport, but not with the terrible lag disparity that exists for a number of players in the community. The game must be simplified and there needs to be a new direction for the franchise rather than Call of Duty :Barracks.

Oh and lastly: TAKE OUT THEATRE MODE. If people want to record they can ask their parents for a capture device for Christmas. Or for the few adults that have CoD Youtube channels, buy your own.

MLGTWISTED

Just change lag comp back to what was call of duty 4.

phxs72

It seems counter intuitive but it is true that the reason people rage about instakill deaths is because every kill isn't an instakill for everyone.  (ie see HC).  Raising the health probably wouldn't help too much but lowering it would reduce the noticeablity of lag.  But then if Core Players wanted to kill everyone instantly they probably would be playing HC.  One of the attractions for Core, is the fact that you don't die so quickly and that tends to promote more reckless gameplay which in turn creates a more action based experience.  Not that HC doesn't have it's action but there's a reason Core players are often dubbed as headless chickens.  And the headless chickens like being able to be headless which is something that HC just doesn't offer.

KoRny1

how does the OP figure that having less health will = less for the game to process?

I already die instantly, I don't need to die 30% faster than that.

its simple....SO simple im not gonna bother explaining it....

I really don't see it helping people that are lagging. I've experience bad laggy/lag comp quite often and all having less health would do is have me die before the person killing me appears on the screen. As it is when I suffer very bad lag, I see people and then I die, I don't even get my gun up. With less health I'd be dead before I saw them, don't see how that would help anyone, expect drive more people to quit playing the game altogether.

Lag and lag comp are two different things....though they do tend to intertwine with each other from time to time they are two different monsters.

I know lag and lag comp  are different, I just don't know how to tell which I'm experiencing. My connection is not the strongest, but I have the best I can get in my area.  I have 7 down and 0.5 up, and I ping around 50 to most of the eastern seaboard in northern north America. From what people say on her you'd think I would get a advantage from the lag comp  system but I'm definitely not.

if you are skipping and rubberbanding that is regular lag....obviously if you have thise you will have bad lag comp as far as your bullets go...A solution to this is disconnecting your router and modem for a few min. then connecting it back..

If you shoot someone 5 times (and you have a good connection) and they survive that is a mix between bad hit detection and lag comp.

Hope this helps u.

Lag comp it is then

:-)

And bad hit detection and weak weapons....

If you are having these problems....Play a round or 2 of hardcore....

play defensive and don't run around like crazy....come back and let us know if you see the problems as before...

Note: Getting pwned is not the same problem as before.

You're correct. Very few kills seemed like they were lag comp (there were still a few), but overall a much better game. Although it is a little adjustment from my normal play style. I've been flank and run & gun for so long, it seems like a much slower game. But as you said playing defensively, I was able to keep a 1.5 to 2 ratio accross 5 or 6 games without much trouble. My team got pounded one game and I only went 0.75 (2nd on my team), but even that game didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage due to lag, just a disadvantage due to the team I was placed on

Yea...now go back and play Core the difference is night and day....Glad I could help you....

After you get the feel of hardcore, you will learn how to make nice run and gun classes, and maybe not spend some of your 10 points on stuff you "Thought" you needed...

It gives you a lil more room to expirment....

thebiindsniper

I honestly have to agree.  But instead of 70%, why not 75%.  Otherwise, the shield would be OHK.  Snipers would also need to be nerfed so they don't OHK in the legs (except the SVU).

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Chibi_Robo

Or they should just get a new engine already...

yea...because that should be easy to patch in....

nuttin2say

Chibi_Robo wrote:

Or they should just get a new engine already...

I understood that BO2 is on a new engine ... and I aslo understood the next MW will be on the same engine BO2 is on.

trialstardragon

BO2 is not on a new engine. This game has not really had a new engine designed for it since the first engine was ever made for it. All they did was tweak the body not the chasis which is really what needs fixed.

If this was truly a new engine they would have hyped that all up at game launch stating that the game was on a new engine never used before, like how ea did with the engine used in bf3 when it came out.

There never was any such hype or advertising about it. So I doubt it really is a new engine under the hood. Just a new paint job and some new bells and horns and lights to go with it.