1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 580 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 5:14 AM by deamonomic Go to original post RSS
  • 110. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

Staticon wrote:

Who said put yourself at a disadvantage? I simply said to play alone, without a party, and to play against a team that isn't full of noobs that clearly don't know what they're doing. There's no "disadvantage" there; rather, it's a level playing field.

Exercise a slight bit of reading comprehension before responding, please.

How is that leveling the playing field??  Playing by myself against a full team does nothing to make it even.  Unless you are somehow trying to compliment my skill or something.   How am I interpreting what you are saying incorrectly?  Playing agains a full team full of veterans while I'm in a team full of noobs says nothing in terms of level playing field.

A level playing field would be me in a full team of good players against another full team of good players.  Aside from connection issues of course.

• 111. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Staticon

Again, you are failing to read what I'm saying. I will not repeat myself again; only respond after you have carefully read each and every word I am posting.

I never said to play AGAINST a full party. I simply said to play alone, without the inherent advantage of having a full party on your side. I also said that you should show gameplay where you're not playing against a team full of non-prestige noobs.

If the other team sucks, even the lag compensation present in this game will not prevent you from beating them.

• 112. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

Staticon wrote:

Again, you are failing to read what I'm saying. I will not repeat myself again; only respond after you have carefully read each and every word I am posting.

I never said to play AGAINST a full party.

simply said to play alone, without a party, and to play "against" a team that isn't full of noobs.

I think you need to reread what you post before you submit them.

Sure. You never said against a "FULL" party.  But you did say against veterans.  Which means I am still at a disadvantage when I'm by myself in a team of randoms. 

• 113. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

I just want to say a simple thank you, for all the time and effort you take out putting this information together.

I know others say there is nothing wrong with the game and we have just all suddenly lost our skill and suck.  after a while you really do start to wonder if its just you or are you loosing the plot.

for me i have to take a break and play other games to make sure my reaction times have not suddenly got slower or something. 

there is an issue with the game and it is with the game. you can get use to it and adjust to the point that you don't see it and you think it's the norm, it does not take away the fact that there is an issue.

if they could fix mw3 to some degree after the mess it was at launch then it shows it is something in the games code.

I have seen a difference in my game tonight just from the last hotfix update.

lets hope this video does not fall on def ears.

• 114. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Ss78_

I'm not asking you to explain everything all I want is a more detailed breakdown of your tests. We both know someone will try to pick holes in your tests and that you don't have a full test lab at your disposal to do proper diagnostics. What you have done though is pretty solid stuff at a more detailed level than anyone else on these forums.

Vahn wants proof. Your testing is a giant step towards that proof. With the analysis you have done a 3arc employee who knows the netcode/smoothing code could look at it and say "OK I can see the guys point and I can see something we can tweak" he'd then go and check his data from his desktop and then go and see if he could replicate it himself. It might be helpful it might not.

The other point is when you have done such a detailed analysis it'd be better presented on its own and without the extra personal opinion on the game added. Look at it this way you've done a video for your subscribers, now do a video for the forums/3arc. It took you so much effort you just wanted to get it out there and some things off your chest and I appreciate that. Now just add the gloss.

• 115. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Staticon

asianman12 wrote:

Staticon wrote:

I never said to play AGAINST a full party.

simply said to play alone, without a party, and to play "against" a team that isn't full of noobs.

I think you need to reread what you post before you submit them.

Sure. You never said against a "FULL" party.  But you did say against veterans.  Which means I am still at a disadvantage when I'm by myself in a team of randoms. 

I see absolutely nothing inconsistent about what I told you to do. "Play against a team that isn't full of noobs." Is there a problem with that statement? Did I somehow contradict myself? It means exactly what it says: show gameplay where you're not playing against mostly noobs.

As for me saying to play against a team of veteran players, I use the term "veteran" in a broad sense. "Veteran player" does NOT equal "good player." "Veteran player" only means that said player has played the game for a decent number of hours and has achieved a few prestige ranks. The game has been out for about 2 months now, and it would not be unreasonable to assume to there are a large number of players out there who have at least prestiged 2 or 3 times (or more.)

All this is for the sake of fairness. What do you think is more fair (and thus more indicative of a player's typical gameplay experience): you playing against a team of noobs.... or you playing against a team of average players?

• 116. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition

Was I not playing against any average players in the two videos I posted on this thread?

• 117. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Ss78_

All the guy is saying is you were playing partied up hence giving you a possible advantage so please post some footage of when you weren't partied up to remove the possible advantage you had. You know this fine well.

Go and play som kc on your own put on your try hard boots,take a snap of the lobby leaderboards before you play,record it,upload it and then we'll have something of note. TDM is weak but hey that's just my opinion.

• 118. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Staticon

Neither of your videos were particularly good examples.

The first video consisted of you mostly killing people who didn't see you, and you catching them off guard.

The second video was you in a full party playing against a team full of noobs (2 players were only prestige 1, and 3 players hadn't prestiged at all). Not to mention, these noobs were by and large stationary, camping in predictable corners and sports, making them even easier prey.

Neither of these two samples have many good examples of straight-on 1-on-1 gun battles between two players that actually know what they're doing. At the very least, try posting video where the opposing team is mostly running SMGs and running around.

• 119. Re: LagComp Video Discussion: BlackOps2 Edition
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Out of the two videos you posted, only one player on the opposing team went positive. He went 14-9 and that's nothing special. Those players you played against on both videos looks more like "feeders". None of them played great against your team and those games are more like a one-sided squash.

1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next