13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 1:28 PM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

What are the penalties for Master Prestigers?

So I am looking into why I have been temporarily banned for doing nothing wrong, and I have done my research. Apparently Treyarch have banned all the master prestigers today (hence why I think there must be a mistake, as I am a legit level 37 1st prestige.) Yet my friend who has a master prestige account, isn't banned at all?

Im just trying to find out what the penalties are for it, because if there has been a master prestige mix up with my account, and it includes me being reset, then it is really serious and I will contact them. Otherwise, if its something like abusive language, then its not worth it really, it's just a tempo ban.

JUST SO THIS THREAD DOESN'T GET LOCKED, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME APPEALING FOR MY ACCOUNT I AM LOOKING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PENALTIES ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ABUSE THIS GAME, THANK YOU.

• Re: What are the penalties for Master Prestigers?
    TH3_IT

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413500949#413500949

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Are you sure you didn't do anything or any boosting that was done on your account? We had gamers who got banned and they were unaware that a sibling boosted using his account. Treyarch simply don't ban for no reason.

jwaller123

WD97 wrote:

I AM LOOKING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PENALTIES ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ABUSE THIS GAME, THANK YOU.

The penalties for abusing the game is a ban.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413500949#413500949

There is a link to the type of punishment and for what infraction. This thread will most likely be locked as well for spam.

Permanently? Or temporarily? Thats the answer im trying to gain, because if its temporarily then id have to look into it as it means that Treyarch could of had a mixup for some reason and thats worth me looking into.

Does this hack, come under glitching (e.g. map glitching) or modding?

jwaller123

It could be either...click on the link and read it. Do some research for yourself. It gets really frustrating do things over and over for people who are to lazy to actually look for themselves. Enjoy your time away. Hopefully what ever it is you got banned for you will not do again.

Rednecksniper39

WD97 wrote:

So I am looking into why I have been temporarily banned for doing nothing wrong, and I have done my research.

Obviously you haven't. They do not ban for no reason. You could have boosted, glitched, or even just cursed at other players in game.

People aren't listening, I might of cursed at people in the game, but I don't know whether thats what ive been accused of!

Okay putting this into simple terms, if the penalty for the master prestige glitch is a tempo ban (glitching violation) from the BOPS II servers, and they FOR SOME REASON have made a mistake and done this to me, then it's worth me contacting them over isn't it because I will get reset.

Whereas if the penalty is for modding (permenently banned) for Master Prestige accounts, then it means thats got nothing to do with me, and I know that since I have a tempo ban it must be for abusive language which I accept and I will just wait 6 days and get back on and carry on where ive left off.

You can rule out offensive emblems, boosting it's either abusive language or they've made a mistake.

ALSO, my account (im viewing from another account) hasen't got any statistics on it whatsoever, does that mean anything or will it go back when the ban is lifted?

Rednecksniper39

They did not ban you by mistake. The did not reset all Master Prestigers. They reset people who did the Prestige glitch. You can get a temp ban and reset for boosting, glitching, and language. You did one of these. They do not have to tell you which one. Just know that is was not an accident.

Okay, thanks for your help but, it looks like as if I have been reset. I am going to wait until the 14th to find out for sure, but know this; I didn't boost, I didn't hack and I think its outrageous that your reset for trash talking; because the only time I can even slighty think about being reported for this is when a little boy aged around 12 was trying to get rude to me, he just threw abuse and I just made fun of him whilst he was doing it.

phxs72

I am no authority whatsoever on the subject but glitching which is what the Master Prestige "glitch" is tends to result in a stat reset and a temporary ban for a first offense.  In MW3 it was a 48 hour ban but BO2 seems to have more lenghty ban terms.  If you weren't a Master Prestige then I doubt that you were reset for a Master Prestige glitch.  That being said mistakes can happen.  I have no idea what the terms are for abusive language but I did know a guy in MW3 that eventually got himself perma banned for it.  Apparently he only played the game to trash talk and get on peoples nerves.  So unless you like starting over with a new account, I'd suggest that you find a way to tone it down.  The mute button on you mic can be very helpful.  I know I use mine a lot partly to keep from saying things online in frustration that I might regret later.  If you want to find out the details of your ban then you should contact Activision Support and have them direct you to the appropriate group.

Foxhound-Pro

Locking. - Debating the merit of a ban, while not in the OP but later on, is still a violation of our Code of Conduct.

As posted by your peers, here is the YouTube & Streaming Guidelines.

Locking as no one here can answer your questions further or validate/invalidate your claims.