I like the concept, reward offensive play. It sounds great on paper but there's some small problems that compound on each other. Note that this is not a complaint, I think this could be a great conversation point and look forward to your arguments for or against my points
1) Streak stacking
2) Low lethal Streaks
3) That guy
4) Terrible map design (Hijacked)
1) The other day I was playing some KC while finishing up my Bloodthirsties for the M1216. I got on a good rampage and earned my Lodestar, with that one single Lodestar I got 15 kills. When I came back to the game I not just earned my UAV solely piloting the Angle of Death, but I also was halfway to my Stealth Chopper. Add that to the fact that I had a 2 or 3 tags still left lying around after from my Lodestar I was merely a kill or so away from my second SC and just a few more tags from my second Reaper. I'll let you use your imagination on what happened next (Hint: I had 76 kills that game)
2) The Hunter Killer Drone is easily a garanteed kill on a bad day, and on average you can pick up 2 or even 3 kills depending on the map. Add that to the fact that it's simply ruthless when it comes down to finding a target, flying through windows and doors and even bending around corners to hit it's target, there's really no escaping it. Sad thing is, it's only 525 points. That's only a couple kills and an low scoring objective capture.
The Guardian in HC is a 3 second kill or at the very least an inevitable assist. Placed in a good spot you could pontentially bank points nearly all game. Hellstorm and Lightening Strike are 4 kills plus low scoring objective capture. The Sentry Gun targets through walls and has infinite range, placed in a convient spot you can ride those 25pt kills to an easy Stealth Chopper provided you put it to where you can get off/def medals (though not neccessary)
3) It's almost become routine that when a match starts are hit a high point and wait for that guy to come sprinting for me. Without fail every match I can be assured that there's going to be an easy kill or two on someone who thinks rushing me off the start is a good idea. Now I understand that those are earned kills and are no different than any other kill, but think about the point #2. That easy kills is basically like a handicap for the person who's aware of this phenomenon.
4) This is fairly lengthy, so bare with me on this.
Hijaced is prim example for this point because in DOM, CTF, and DEM the objective litterally rests inside the enemy spawn. This is important because of a two fold reason.
First, you can easily pick up offense and defense medals while constantly being engaged in battle. You're not doing anything outside how you would ordinarily play, but still taking advantage of the extra points for being within a vicinity. In any of these three game modes a kill while capturing is 200pts, a off/def medal is 25pts, and it doesn't take long to rack a high score under these conditions. As I said before, you're bascially getting a point boost just because of the map you're on
Part too is kind of the same but is a bigger problem. Spawnkilling on Hijacked particularly is a problem, even more so is the fact that you can spawnkill while standing within a few steps of the objective. The "B" bomb, "A" and "C" positions, as well as CTF flags are all perfectly set up to get capture kills while spawnkilling. Turning 50pt kills into 200pt kills depending on the scenario. Add that to the fact that spawntrapping makes getting kills with Lodestar a matter of how fast you can fire rockets racking up points is not an issue at all